1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ExtraModMod

Discussion in 'More Naval AI Modmod' started by Terkhen, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

It is impossible to build Mercurian Gate while u are worshipping AV ... but u can switch to AV after u build it

2. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

I've found that the Griffon Illusion created by the Black Mirror looks like a red blob.

Attached Files:

3. spaceman98

I have found that Bloodpets cannot drown. A screenshot showing this, and a save, which proves that I have the temple in that city, are attached.

Attached Files:

4. spaceman98

Nevermind, I'm wrong, Bloodpets can Drown, it just costs 90 gold to do so.

5. Slarki

Slarki Warlord

Are command posts working properly build by Great Generals in cities from non-organized leaders? They seem to not give +2 experience.

6. FaarmAnimal

FaarmAnimal Chieftain

Is this still being developed?

7. lfgr

lfgr King

As long as Terkhen doesn't come back, there won't be new features in the near future. However, if you find a serious bug and provide a corresponding savegame, there is a chance I will fix it.

[to_xp]Gekko and DarkLunaPhantom like this.
  8. spaceman98

The sailor's dirge is a bit trapped

Attached Files:

9. omegaflames

omegaflames Warlord

10. spaceman98

Has someone actually patched that? If so, it might be worth collecting that and other small patches together into a new "release". I don't have time to take that on myself right now but maybe someday

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  11. lfgr

lfgr King

I will release a version of EMM incorporating fixes from my MNAI fork in the near future. This will then probably contain a fix for the Sailor's dirge bug and the griffon illusion graphics bug, among others.

spaceman98 and DarkLunaPhantom like this.
  12. spaceman98

Awesome! Thank you so much! I suppose I'll keep doing what I do best and breaking things, then cataloging what I broke :p

DarkLunaPhantom likes this.
  13. Terkhen

Terkhen King

I think that at this point it is safe to say that I am not going to continue working on ExtraModMod anymore. After my friends and I moved to other multiplayer games I kept developing the mod for another couple of years, but when I ran out of simple features to develop and game-breaking bugs to fix, and I saw that the latest beta was "stable enough", my interest kind of fizzled out.

Awesome! I am really happy to see the mod being developed! :goodjob:

Although I believe that this is already explicitly mentioned somewhere, I thought it would be a good idea to add a little disclaimer here. ExtraModMod was created in great part thanks to the work of a lot of people from this community, and of course it is only fair that everyone in the community can use it as they see fit. And it will also make me happy :)

I still receive instant email notifications on CivFanatics private messages, so even if I am not going to develop actively anymore, if anyone thinks I can provide insight on some obscure part of the codebase, the design of any of the new features, the huge amount of random notes that I made on the issue tracker or anything else feel free to reach out to me!

DarkLunaPhantom and Jojo_Fr like this.
  14. lfgr

lfgr King

Hi Terkhen, it's nice to hear from you!
    Let me just say thank you for all your work, and it was a pleasure working with you.

Btw, I forgot to announce my ExtraModMod bugfix release in this thread, so here it is.

15. lfgr

lfgr King

I just tested this and it seems to work.

16. Slarki

Slarki Warlord

I have to correct myself, they work but it doesn't show its beneficiary effect when you hover over a unit

17. lfgr

lfgr King

Ok, thanks, I'll look into it.

18. Lamabreeder

Lamabreeder Chieftain

I have only recently found this interesting modmod. I hope this is the right place for this question. Playing on erebus-style maps with lots of bottlenecks I found time and again that the AI really loves to mindlessly (?) place cities right there, in bottlenecks. (Unlike the vanilla AI). Often on top of, say, a deer resource (which is even more stupid). The only "workable" tiles are a few snow hills. The city will stay at size one for a very long time and drain the coffers of whatever civ it belongs to. The city placement algorithm is not restricted to civilizations, barb cities will be founded according to the same logic (as always?). My question is: Why? Why this city placement scheme? Is it a mindless reflex to "hinder the expansion" of the bottled-in civ? That is even carried out (with priority!) when beyond the bottleneck there is no real estate worth settling?

19. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

I don't really know, but in FFH, controlling those bottlenecks are really important, and cities are early to build than forts.

20. lfgr

lfgr King

Some time ago, code was introduced in MNAI (as part of the super forts mod) to find such "choke points". The AI gives every possible city site a value to choose the best one, and I think there is some value added if the site is a choke point. That value might be too high, although you have to consider that these cities do provide a strategic advantage, even if they don't do much otherwise.
    Incidentally, I'm currently playing on an Erebus map, I will check whether the AI overdoes this and maybe adjust the choke point value.
    (but remember that my releases are found here)