It is impossible to build Mercurian Gate while u are worshipping AV ... but u can switch to AV after u build it

I've found that the Griffon Illusion created by the Black Mirror looks like a red blob.

Attachments

• GriffonIllusion.png
    GriffonIllusion.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 304
I have found that Bloodpets cannot drown. A screenshot showing this, and a save, which proves that I have the temple in that city, are attached.

Attachments

• Undrownable.png
    Undrownable.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 274
  • Decius TURN-0162.CivBeyondSwordSave
    241 KB · Views: 156
Nevermind, I'm wrong, Bloodpets can Drown, it just costs 90 gold to do so.

Are command posts working properly build by Great Generals in cities from non-organized leaders? They seem to not give +2 experience.

Is this still being developed?

As long as Terkhen doesn't come back, there won't be new features in the near future. However, if you find a serious bug and provide a corresponding savegame, there is a chance I will fix it.

The sailor's dirge is a bit trapped

Attachments

• TrappedDirge.png
    TrappedDirge.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 192
Has someone actually patched that? If so, it might be worth collecting that and other small patches together into a new "release". I don't have time to take that on myself right now but maybe someday

Last edited:
Awesome! Thank you so much! I suppose I'll keep doing what I do best and breaking things, then cataloging what I broke :p

Is this still being developed?

I think that at this point it is safe to say that I am not going to continue working on ExtraModMod anymore. After my friends and I moved to other multiplayer games I kept developing the mod for another couple of years, but when I ran out of simple features to develop and game-breaking bugs to fix, and I saw that the latest beta was "stable enough", my interest kind of fizzled out.

I will release a version of EMM incorporating fixes from my MNAI fork in the near future.

Awesome! I am really happy to see the mod being developed! :goodjob:

Although I believe that this is already explicitly mentioned somewhere, I thought it would be a good idea to add a little disclaimer here. ExtraModMod was created in great part thanks to the work of a lot of people from this community, and of course it is only fair that everyone in the community can use it as they see fit. And it will also make me happy :)

I still receive instant email notifications on CivFanatics private messages, so even if I am not going to develop actively anymore, if anyone thinks I can provide insight on some obscure part of the codebase, the design of any of the new features, the huge amount of random notes that I made on the issue tracker or anything else feel free to reach out to me!

I have only recently found this interesting modmod. I hope this is the right place for this question. Playing on erebus-style maps with lots of bottlenecks I found time and again that the AI really loves to mindlessly (?) place cities right there, in bottlenecks. (Unlike the vanilla AI). Often on top of, say, a deer resource (which is even more stupid). The only "workable" tiles are a few snow hills. The city will stay at size one for a very long time and drain the coffers of whatever civ it belongs to. The city placement algorithm is not restricted to civilizations, barb cities will be founded according to the same logic (as always?). My question is: Why? Why this city placement scheme? Is it a mindless reflex to "hinder the expansion" of the bottled-in civ? That is even carried out (with priority!) when beyond the bottleneck there is no real estate worth settling?

I don't really know, but in FFH, controlling those bottlenecks are really important, and cities are early to build than forts.

Some time ago, code was introduced in MNAI (as part of the super forts mod) to find such "choke points". The AI gives every possible city site a value to choose the best one, and I think there is some value added if the site is a choke point. That value might be too high, although you have to consider that these cities do provide a strategic advantage, even if they don't do much otherwise.
Incidentally, I'm currently playing on an Erebus map, I will check whether the AI overdoes this and maybe adjust the choke point value.
(but remember that my releases are found here)

Top Bottom