Facebook

Estebonrober

Deity
If it was not clear before this year Facebook has become a right wing attack on all that is good and decent in the world.

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/25/mark-zuckerberg-facebook-dinners/

The only alternative is to believe, as Naureckas says, that large media corporations like Facebook hate being attacked from the left, but “do not mind being attacked from the right, because the right is fundamentally in favor of the kind of corporate power they represent.” It would also mean believing that Zuckerberg, one of the most powerful people on this planet, is an absolutely shameless liar.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...FRdF0GzzEV7tMQR6aC9x-92cqyb_R_o1LgDqzKwd17JJc

Facebook’s launch of a new section on its flagship app dedicated to “deeply-reported and well-sourced” journalism sparked immediate controversy on Friday over the inclusion of Breitbart News, a publication whose former executive chairman explicitly embraced the “alt-right”.

We all know about their willingness to prop up lies from politicians. Something the left is trolling right now, but it will be the right that pounds away to their base with the lies. That's where it actually works and Facebook knows that fact it just serves their interests. I'm not sure I ever thought of Facebook as a leftist organization it always had the libertarian silicon valley feel to me, but as it sinks its teeth into the social dynamic of the nation it is becoming an ever increasing threat to stability.

Facebook needs to be broken up and all its parts strewn across the social media spectrum.

We need a good open source alternative, that allows most people to hold their own data (at a small cost), and others to pick and choose who hosts there data. I have some ideas, if anyone is interested in joining me and contributing coding time I am willing to do some of the work.

I think a big questions that I haven't seen any real answer to is how much money does Facebook 'earn' from an average user? I would be willing to pay $5-$10 a month for Facebook and Messenger if it meant they didn't do anything with my data besides basic event targeting.
Some of their event targeting is quite handy, such as when it popped up in my feed the American Swedish Institute was having a lecture on Norse rune stones.

I think a big questions that I haven't seen any real answer to is how much money does Facebook 'earn' from an average user? I would be willing to pay $5-$10 a month for Facebook and Messenger if it meant they didn't do anything with my data besides basic event targeting.
Some of their event targeting is quite handy, such as when it popped up in my feed the American Swedish Institute was having a lecture on Norse rune stones.

If you take the revenue and the number of users reported by Facebook, you can estimate they earn roughly $2-$3 per user and month. Of course, this doesn't account for regional variations. But $5-$10 dollars should be more than enough to earn a profit, if you could convince everybody else to pay as well.

It’s currently around $100-120 per year for North American users. Like uppi said you could divide their revenue by number of users, but some markets are much more lucrative than others.

Last edited:
Zuckerburg probably was a leftie at one point..

Power corrupts.

Zuckerburg probably was a leftie at one point..

Power corrupts.

Maybe in the social sense. I think he isn't naturally racist (I call that tier 2 racist (don't ask me to elaborate I've already had two threads locked on the topic)), but is tier 3 racist and allows racist policies to persist by his libertarian ignorance of reality. Anyways that isnt an intentional racism and they are generally supportive of gender and sexual identity issues. So yea, but when it comes to people crossing their money. Well we can all diaf. (Die in a Fire).

Maybe in the social sense. I think he isn't naturally racist (I call that tier 2 racist (don't ask me to elaborate I've already had two threads locked on the topic)), but is tier 3 racist and allows racist policies to persist by his libertarian ignorance of reality. Anyways that isnt an intentional racism and they are generally supportive of gender and sexual identity issues. So yea, but when it comes to people crossing their money. Well we can all diaf. (Die in a Fire).

He's probably socially liberal on most things.

Except money and power.

Kind of my take. Probably sees it as he makes a tool but isn't responsible for what people do with it.

He's probably socially liberal on most things.

Except money and power.

Kind of my take. Probably sees it as he makes a tool but isn't responsible for what people do with it.

Ok. So taking it from a strictly capitalist point of view. The world still does not make sense in this post historical world.

You want to maximize your profit while expanding human understanding? Then you'd be down for 70-99% tax rates on post 1 million per year income. You want human civilization to exist post 2100 or 2200? You'd be willing to burn 9/10 dollars post a million dollars per year to organize a post fossil fuel economy. This horsehocky is common sense with little rational thought going into it. So please join the "far left" and be part of the "mob" and save mother earth.

Ok. So taking it from a strictly capitalist point of view. The world still does not make sense in this post historical world.

You want to maximize your profit while expanding human understanding? Then you'd be down for 70-99% tax rates on post 1 million per year income. You want human civilization to exist post 2100 or 2200? You'd be willing to burn 9/10 dollars post a million dollars per year to organize a post fossil fuel economy. This **** is common sense with little rational thought going into it. So please join the "far left" and be part of the "mob" and save mother earth.

If had to guess he probably sees Facebook as non polluting service.

Alot if these companies are benefiting a lack of regulations or are selling goods but using investor money to offset losses making it virtually impossible to compete.

right-wingers: We ArE bEiNg SiLeNcED!111!!
Zucc: hey so you can post whatever lies and propaganda you want

Meanwhile, I have read about a bunch of leftist groups and pages being closed down for "violating community standards". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

right-wingers: We ArE bEiNg SiLeNcED!111!!
Zucc: hey so you can post whatever lies and propaganda you want

Meanwhile, I have read about a bunch of leftist groups and pages being closed down for "violating community standards". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They'll start shutting down extremists if both stripes. I mean CFC has people calling for violence on various types.

Facebook can go fudge itself.
If had to guess he probably sees Facebook as non polluting service.

Alot if these companies are benefiting a lack of regulations or are selling goods but using investor money to offset losses making it virtually impossible to compete.

Um the shear amount of cooling of his data centers is CO2 positive, there is no way he does not know that.

Facebook can go fudge itself.

Um the shear amount of cooling of his data centers is CO2 positive, there is no way he does not know that.

Idk but he probably uses his wealth to plant some trees and thinks he's doing good. Or maybe not.

I think Bono did that, drove sports car and the U2 set had its own 747 or something dumb.

Top Bottom