1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Faction: Timus the Protector

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Methos, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Yes, we need too.

2. Methos

"People of this city, I know you know me not, but know that I am willing to give my life to protect you. Therefore I offer this. Let me lead our city for the term of <Not for sure how long a term is> and if you are not satisfied with my ability to lead and protect you, then I will gladly step aside. Let me show you what I am capable of."

He pauses for a time, looking at each person within sight. "My tribe was either killed or enslaved by another city, much like this one. We were invited in as guests only to be betrayed. This is the kind of danger that exists out there." Timus stretches his arm out towards the wilderness.

"I do not wish to see this city, your tribe, to receive the same fate as mine."

3. Oni of Chaos

Oni of Chaos The Barrel Roll Guy

There can be a rebellion every two weeks :)

4. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

The 2-week rebellion is only if there is good reason to rebel, since I still think 1 month is needed to make faction regime any justice, since you need some time to see how the direction is going. You do not do that in 20 turns.

5. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Read the core rules more closely. ;)

6. Provolution

I know people can rebel every two weeks, but still a government needs more than 2 weeks to establish a sort of trend.

7. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Just making sure the facts are straight... don't want to threadjack.

8. Methos

I created this faction just to go along with how I believed the rules were meant. I honestly didn't think Timus would get any votes, yet Timus received four (doesn't count his own) [at the time of this posting]. Makes me curious if I had put a more definitive platform and campaigned more if Timus would have had a chance, or at least a stronger following.

Now my question is [should probably read the ruleset] how long is an elected term? When the term is up, do we hold elections again, or must it be a revolution to remove the prime faction?

Off to locate the ruleset and wondering if we should better define the games multi-layers.

9. Provolution

The success of Timus proves people want a roleplay driven,historic sense of faction. Properly platform for Timus and some creative ideas on how to organize decentralization, barbarism and other things would have made it look more appealing to those of us interested in those things, which is not a few, to be honest.

10. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

11. Methos

Our faction currently consists of Methos [Timus], dutchfire, and skweetis, plus (assuming you voted for us), we received two additional independent votes. The question than arises, do we wish to continue pushing this faction for the next term? My original intention of creating this faction was just to have some fun with the ruleset, as I wasn't expecting to gain support. Originally I thought this would be a one election faction with me as the only vote. I was mistaken, so now I'm wondering if we wish to continue pushing this?

My thoughts are to wait until the game starts before making a final decision. If it appears that we're going to discover new civics in the first term, or early second, we may wish to go a different route. If it appears we're going to be in despotism for a while without any other civics changes, than pushing Timus would be best.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Granted, if some of us decide to go a different way with this, that doesn't mean those who stick with it can't pick it up and keep moving with it. Example: I decide to go with another faction, but skweetis wishes to continue this one. Then he could play Timus or one of his sons/daughters and continue on.

12. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Methos, your faction is the only faction(besides the Triad) that hasn't joined the rebellion! The poll end soon, and we need support! Are with us or against us?

13. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

Timus (aka Menthos), please continue the fraction, I and others enjoy hearing what you tell your followers. I do not perticipate but it gives me guidance on my IC choises. If you or your followers wish to join another fraction, please keep the Protector as a clan(guild)... It betters the RP of this game immensely, and its nice to listen to a benevolent despot with common sense... If you do decide to disband, I nominate you for Comander in Chief in the FreedomCoalitions first election

14. Provolution

Hey there Methos, are you alive? :) We hope to have you back in the game again.

15. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

/sign out

Since this faction seems pretty dead now, I'm joining kwarriorpoet's faction.