1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Factions You'd Like to See

Discussion in 'CivBE - Ideas and Suggestions' started by tecumseh23, Jun 1, 2014.

1. awesome

awesome Meme Lord

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. The whole, "he's a no good terrorist who wants revenge for something done hundreds of years ago!" mentality would be held by his enemies, but his followers would disagree.

2. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand
    I don't care, I'm still free
    You can't take the sky from me.

3. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Take me out to the black
    Tell 'em I ain't comin' back
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me.

Still got it stuck in your head I see?

4. TPangolin

Yeah, I feel like a Browncoat-esque mod will work wonders in a game like this. Also a Cerberus-style Scientific/Militaristic Terrorist/Humanity First civ would be awesome too.

5. Alexander Boney

Alexander Boney Chieftain

The Second French Empire under Napoleon III
    UA: Reconstruction of Paris: Build National Wonders, Gardens and Culture buildings with 10% more :c5production:.
    UU 1:Mitrailleuse: Replaces Gatling Gun. Starts with Range promotion.
    UU 2:Zouave: Replaces Rifleman. Ignores terrain cost and starts with Cover I.

6. TPangolin

Err... Wrong thread buddy.

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I would like to see the Holy See as a faction as a mod; I will be making the Holy See as a faction as a mod for this game :D

Also, New Zealand will be sending its own expedition; funded by the magical quest of imperialism that it embarked upon shortly after people forgot how to record history, but before they remembered; when it went berserk after learning that the TPP was going to be called Polystralia and carved an enclave out of NZ, Fiji, Niue, the Cook Islands and Madagascar.

8. TPangolin

Well that exists. The internet is a weird place.

9. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

I want to have British faction with leader that's Elizabeth I-esque or Red queen in Alice in the Wonderland (movies) :)

I just love Red-White with an annoying leader :lol:

10. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

I don't remember who but some genius on these forums wrote next idea for a faction:

[don't remember the name]

The New Israel.

and I developed it

After the fall of Middle Eastern Israel during the third world war and the Great Mistake, people of Israel are once again in diaspora. Despite being one of the world's greatest scientists, thinkers, artists and businessmen, global (14 million) Jewish population once again has no home... But this time it seeks Promised Land beyond the skies.

New Israel Society

Leader - Asher Gurion , scientist. Specialized in cognitive studies and evolutionary psychology, chosen as the leader of New Israel Society space expedition to find a new home for Jews. Expert in the field of human mind and artificial intelligence.

Looks like this, this awesome man, Moshe Dajan.

Eyepath is required :D If not eyepath, some eye awesome gadget. If not this, some awesome scar or tattoo :D I'm not sure if his eventual military past would be politically incorrect :p

Advantages: Science, Culture, Diplomacy

Disadvantages: Growth, Production

11. orikos

orikos Praetorian from Orikosia

I agree with altayrneto that we nee Israel in this game, but my idea is different.

The New Kingdom of Judah:

In 2250, Israel is smaller than today because after the end of the negotiation with Palestine in 2157, the Western Bank became the territory of Palestine (I'm not surprised that this negotiation cost a long time :lol:). Israel also became smaller after the rising of the sea, that destroyed their coastal lines including Tel-Aviv and Haifa- two of the three largest cities, and killed millions. That left Israel with some areas- Hanegev, a large unsettled area of desert, the area of the capital Jerusalem and the north. It was a question of time when the terrorists will attack Israel and conquer it, or at least many parts of her. But after all that, Israel was one of the anvanced countries in the world, so they survived these diasters and the belief in God left them sane. The Knesset (the Israelite government) decided that the country needs to find a new land to settle with no risks of destruction and no antisemitism, but they also need to stay in Israel, the promised land, and not give her to non-Jews. So they started 'Project the Second Promised Land' and built a spaceship that will land on a new planet. The Jewish Agency published a message to the jewish people around the world:

'Dear Jewish People,
    Our world is risk for us, and mostly for the people who lives in Israel. If some of you want to start new lives in a new land without this risks, we are happily announcing about 'Project The Second Promised Land'. This project will land you on a new planet. Your mission is just live there, settle, and build 'The New Kingdom of Judah'. The spaceship will be launched at Israel, near Jerusalem in this month. Please contact us if you want.'

After a month the space was launched with some tens of thousands, and the journey for new lives was started.

Leader: Moses Cohen the commander of the spaceship 'Merkava'. Maybe a name of an important leader like Rabin, zionist like Hertzel or important men in Judaism like Moses.
    Language: Hebrew.
    Religion: Judaism.
    Recommended Affinity: Purity.
    + : Religion, Science, Exploration
    - : Growth, Energy, Diplomacy
    Tall or Wide: Tall.

Edit: Krajzen, you prefaced me

12. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

13. Alexander Boney

Alexander Boney Chieftain

And why is that, exactly?

14. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

Wait. Currently Israel has ~20 000km2. And you wanna destroy its 2/3 of urban area and few thousand km2 basically making from the the city state of Jerusalem. And you somehow end with nation state powerful enogh to compete in space colonization with such monstrous giants as Panasian Cooperative? :lol: My faction was at least global powerful organisation made from world elite :p

Uhm... So we can as well qualify Qatar and Luxembourg as space superpowers :lol:

Actually modern Israel is pretty secular and atheistic :D

The best line:

If you wanna to make your ideas possible to put in game, remember to never risk offending people or touching problematic subjects :lol:

'The American government decided to Manifest Destiny once again by sending colonists to space. But they also need to stay in America and not give this country to blacks' I mean I generally don't like political correcttness but come on :D

:lol:

:lol:

And especially those whose neighbours are Palestinians.

Not going to be rude or something but this is the most naive vision of space colonization I could ever imagine :lol:

Hey guys next week our awesome starship flies to the far galaxy on the great colonization which will decide about the future of mankind, wanna hang out? Here is my telephone number. And remember, only Jews are allowed :lol:

Sure, let's remain simple:

Arabian leader - Muhammad Ahmed
    Jewish leader - Moses Abraham
    Indian leader - Mahatma Budda
    Asian leader - Mao Tzu, kung fu and hive mind
    Russian leader - Comrade Vladimir Ivanov
    German leader - Hans Bormann
    American leader - James Smith, white supremacist
    Scandinavian leader - Olaf Bjoergen, skier
    African leader - Martin Luther Mandela

By the way, zionists are Jewish nationalists. Many people... don't like them and for them Zionist 'New Promised Land' Leader in space would be basically Afrikaan Nationalist 'Apartheid' Leader in space. Personally I don't have anything against zionists but remember, these are very sensitive subjects :D

(by the way I have probably realized why Israel was never in Civ game... so many potential problems with political correctness. Although personally I would still put Israel and Tibet in game, they are such interesting factions :D )

Ethnicity: Jewish
    Trait: No Palestinians Allowed
    Recommended Affinity: Ethnic Purity

Seriously, I am amazed that you managed to make it sound so offensive :D

And now, important facts. I don't like political correctness. I like Jews. Current situation in Palestine is problematic but personally I wouldn't have great problems with nationalist Israel faction in the game. I also don't condemn you as I guess you don't realise how this sounds :D The problem is, if a guy like me - who is basically never offended - sees so much potential problems with this faction, this means that if someone released it the grand flamewar would begin :D

15. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

The people in Israel in general perhaps. Those living in the Jerusalem area quite a bit less so.
    Been in the country a few times, most memorable quote I ever heard of an Isreali?
    "All the Jews living in Jerusalem want or need something from God."

'nuf said? ;)

16. TPangolin

17. orikos

orikos Praetorian from Orikosia

Answers are underlined.
    Now, do you understant what I wrote?

18. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

Yes. I am satisfied that you admitted that the line 'they also need to stay in Israel, the promised land, and not give her to non-Jews' is controversial :D

19. awesome

awesome Meme Lord

Let me explain why he said that one thing was naive:
    This is an important mission. Everybody who's being sent on it was hand picked because of their specific skill or status. While I'm sure that there has been some kind of study done on the new planet, just like we do today and there will probably be space tourism, the mission isn't to "just live there." Each faction might have a different goal, which might even differ each game, based on who you decide to let on your ship, but none of the options will be "guy with a cell phone who saw a toll free number on a billboard."

20. Migoooy

Migoooy Chieftain

I'm getting a very strong Che Guevarra theme from this.