Faerun

nice update! still unable to select the maps, but with a random maps everything works fine.
One more question tho: none of my units, with the exception of heros, may embark!
and it seems that no units are able to enter ocean (except the caravel), even with everything researched!
are those intetional? or is that a but due to the random maps?

cheers

HahnHolio

Kotaku is a game news website. ...
Aha! For some reason I thought this was a reference to a Forgotten Realms character or creature!
... none of my units, with the exception of heros, may embark!
I haven't seen any issues with embark in my test games. Maybe obvious, but units won't get the embark promotions unless they move into friendly territory after having researched Optics. (Side note... I really dislike the embark mechanic.) On the invalid map issue could you clarify whether or not you are running this mod on a Mac?

oh, sorry, no im on win7x64 and im working in the IT buisiness, so i can rule out any file/folder placement issues, they are where they belong ^^

friendly territory u say, ok that might be my bad then :)
had one explorer sitting somewhere, waiting for the tech to finish! he wasnt in friendly territory ...

i just got some xml errors playing another mod, dunno exactly what whey called for right now, but it seems as thou some part of my installation is corrupt or even missing.
something about wonders it was! gotta dig into that and get back once i find out whats happening here!

cheers

HahnHolio

Great mod! Look forward for updates and hopefully customized graphics :) Isn't it possible to use Ffh2 graphics?

What is the point of the elven archers - they get useless very early in the game, and the other archers are completely useless in the wooded terrain... Why don't you give their bonus to all archers of elven civilization??

i agree with tromozil, Elves are kinda uncool like it is now ...
still unable to get any of the maps to load, not even in the WB ;(

Do you happen to have BNW installed on your Civ?
Strange that there seems to be only me having this problem, though everything else works just like it should.
I can play on a random map fine and other mods Maps seem to work, just not these ... well, guess im doomed :)

The mod works fine for me. I first disable all DLC (incl. BNW) except G&K. Wait wait wait... Then go to mods and select Faerun for G&K and the soundtrack mod only, then press Next and wait wait wait a lot.... As soon as the mod loads, I set up new game. Then choose the map from the list with maps and map scripts (Faerun huge) and mark "load scenario". I choose the faction and change difficulty/game speed and start the game.... Maybe its just some trivial mistake, else I can not help :)

Enjoying mod greatly.

Only bug I noticed: social policy building bonuses do not seem to be working (+2 gold for shrines in Divination, for instance)

Some questions and one suggestion:

1. Why can't I upgrade my Archer to Composite Bowman?
2. When I was allied with a city state, I got two Charters from them, is it normal?
3. Is it intentional that embarked unit strength is very low?
4. I think it would be good if producing Wealth/Research was enabled by some early game techs, as it happens sometimes that I have nothing to do in a city.

Edit:
5. When I produced a Ranger, my Fishing Boats got damaged. How to repair it?

2. When I was allied with a city state, I got two Charters from them, is it normal?
3. Is it intentional that embarked unit strength is very low?
4. I think it would be good if producing Wealth/Research was enabled by some early game techs, as it happens sometimes that I have nothing to do in a city.

Edit:
5. When I produced a Ranger, my Fishing Boats got damaged. How to repair it?

1. I deleted most of the unit upgrade paths and never added this one back!
2. When I added a special "Minor Palace" that doesn't grant charters, I forgot to edit the scenario maps, whose minors still have normal palaces that provide charters. This doesn't happen on random maps. It is on my list of fixes for the next map updates.
3. No... all the base game embark functions are still in place, and iirc there is a tech that provides "Embarked defense" or something like that.
4. This may be an option for the BNW version, as gold will have increased value.
5. Haha! I will fix this to affect only land improvements!

PS Playing just now and noticed the Temple of AO costs 666 hammers....

Well this is a promising fantasy mod. The www.kotaku.com mention prompted me to try it out and I'm enjoying it. Whoohooo I fought an Ogre!

Some observations that may be of use to further development:
1) Orc raiders produce visual artifacts (flashing black sharp triangles) on dx11

2) I have yet to find a charter by exploration. I did get one from a tech. The three others from trading with the AI. One lux for 30 turns for a charter is a pretty sweet deal.

3) I ran out of things to build in cities save units. Maybe I should focus on science more to discover buildings faster than I build them? Build costs do look reasonable. So it may be my pick of techs wasn't focussed on science enough. However, please consider adding a form of wealth/research production to city production options.

4) I played a good civ. I encountered an orc civ. While their greeting sounded rightfully evil and voilent, they were 'friendly' towards me. I take it diplomatics haven't been (fully) implemented yet?

I'm looking forward to the BNW version!

1) I also play in DX11 mode, and these units don't cause any problems for me. The issue seems to be connected to some video card settings, as discussed earlier in this thread.

2) I didn't know it's possible to find a charter by exploration, where did you get that information? Trading charters with the AI wasn't probably intended, and can be considered an exploit. I once got one as a part of a peace deal.

1. I deleted most of the unit upgrade paths and never added this one back!

... but you are going to add the upgrade for archers back in, right? It takes forever to get promotions so I'd hate to abandon mine to build marksmen from scratch.

PS: Congrats on being "mod of the week" at PC GAMER: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/11/24/mod-of-the-week-faerun-for-civilization-v/

One more interesting thing I noticed: Some barbarian units, like UNIT_EVENT_OGRE, can't pillage. Perhaps that's why they sometimes stand on a player's improvement, doing nothing...

(Btw I think the ogre is too strong in early game, the above effect is often the only thing that saves me from losing gold due to raiding my cities.)

I am using a Mac and I cannot load the Faerun map. It says "invalid map file" in red. I also cannot load a previously saved game, as it will crash and close the app. There are some "control definition errors" during the game starting up phase too.

So I have spent the last few hours trying to figure this out and it is insanely frustrating, I finally got the games to run normally but I cannot run your mod, which was the only reason I got the games.. Anyways here is the error I get every time I try running the mod. I have tried turning off all DLC and it still has not worked and the same error occurs each and every time.

Error message: unidentifield style [MenuLeftSideTreatment] in [Assets/UI/inGame/Popups/VictoryProgress][]
Edit: I have figured out how to get past this error but now the issue is the 4 custom maps are all invalid for me. (red text)

One more interesting thing I noticed: Some barbarian units, like UNIT_EVENT_OGRE, can't pillage. Perhaps that's why they sometimes stand on a player's improvement, doing nothing...

(Btw I think the ogre is too strong in early game, the above effect is often the only thing that saves me from losing gold due to raiding my cities.)
I like how strong the Ogre is. It's a definite break from CIV V barbarians and I think it's appropiate for a fantasy setting. Also, it presents me with a meaningful choice: do I keep my hero close to home, or venture out for that gold bounty on that shadowdruid/necromancer/dragon?

Maybe the Ogre is too stupid to pillage? On the other hand it sounds like something an Ogre would just do with every step. Did I just break that plantation? Did I just trample that road? Ooops sorry.

Nice mod. It feels a bit.... unfinished, but it does have a nice charm to it. Currently playing as the Dwarves of Mithral Hall. Thank you, it's been a pleasure to play this, happened to find it via the PC Gamer mention.

Questions:

1.) I have a cleric hero gifted to me by a militaristic CS. It's level 4, and its attack power hasn't increased, as it's still at 11. I remember my Bruenor Battlehammer has increased in attack power every level. Is this normal, because it's a cleric? or is this gifted cleric hero bugged?

2.) In the descriptive text the Mages and Wizards are supposed to gain xp while sitting in cities and not from combat, yet these seems to be the opposite. Is this a dropped feature?

3.) Is it intentional that Clerics don't receive the Fire Shield bonus, which is handed out to both Melee units and Arcanists?

4.) For whatever reason, my level 4 cleric hero that was gifted to me is only getting 1xp per kill at level 4 now, yet my level 5 Brunor Battlehammer is getting 2xp per kill. Just checked now, and in both case they killed wolves.

5.) Is it intended that non-hero units stop leveling at level 4 against barbarians?

6.) What's up with villages exactly? In the Civilopedia you say they replace farms, but they replace trading posts. When I build a road, it says I get every bonus under the sun, yet that doesn't seem to be the case. Could you elaborate on what they do mechanically at the moment, and/or perhaps what you intend for them to do mechanically in the future?

7.) What are the two powerful spells that Wizards come with, according to their description?

8.) I read earlier that you didn't plan on expanding this mod any further. Does that mean we shouldn't expect any new barbarian units, technologies, or the like? This is a spiffy mod, I'd hate to see this go into maintenance mode only.

Bugs/Typos/Misc:
1.) In the Policy view for Evocation, it says Fire Shield grants 20% defensive bonus, when in fact, it only grants a 5% Bonus (According to the tooltip description, anyway).
2.) Radiant Shield doesn't have an entry in the Civilopedia as a promotion, so I'm not really sure what it does -exactly-, only vaguely that it increase the attack power of fortified units (from the tooltip).
3.) The one time-bonus for the Radiant Shield Policy doesn't list the 1000 Weave Energy cap.
4.) Workers, Missionaries (and probably similar non-combat units, like Settlers, Great Persons, etc) do not get the bonus promotion from the Moonbridge Wonder.

And for the record, running Windows 7 x64, running DX11 version, with all the DLCs installed (Except for that new Earth Map Scripts DLC), yet the mod seems to have successfully unchecked BNW.

I'm a long time fan of Civilization and the Forgotten Realms, and I'd like to thank FramedArchitect for this awesome mod. I've only begun looking at it, but I had to stop here and say this.

I'd also like to ask (in case you, FA, are still working on this), if you'd welcome Realms-related suggestions for your next versions. I have no idea how to mod Civilization, but I have a pretty good idea of how to present the world of Toril.

I think I read somewhere you were using 2nd edition material mostly, which tentatively puts your starting date at around 1370 DR, but there are several inconsistencies. If those are intentional, a required simplification (I know some issues exist, like putting civ starting points too close to each other) or just things you really don't want to spend your time on, no problem at all. Your mod is fantastic as is!

Top Bottom