Fairline ToT Scenario Graphics

This time a romp through the Habsburg-Valois conflicts of early 16th Century Europe. It's a great scenario to roleplay the Chivalrous naïf Charles V who was forever being double-crossed by his arch nemesis Francis I of France, the epitome of Machiavelli's Renaissance Prince. As ever, Curt's superb cities and Catfish's wonderful terrain gfx are the centrepiece. Gapetit has made a ToT conversion of the scenario, posted in his thread.

Carolus Invictissimus by Jesús Muñoz Fernández

Catfish: terrain CurtSibling: cities Fairline: units, people, terrain, cities

screenie 1.png

screenie 2.png

EDIT: updated with units to suit Gapetit's conversion

Attachments

• fairline Carolus scenario gfx.rar
    400.7 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
The city graphics, though no longer brand new, are splendid as well. CurtSibling, take a bow! :thumbsup:
:eek: upppss excuse me Curt Sibling (cities) and Catfish (terrain) for not mentioning them. But I had focused on the new changes of people, units and cities by Fairline.
Thanks Techumseh for reminding me.

Thanks, dudes...But!
To be honest, my cities are more or less about 30% of what you see there. Fairline takes the lion's share of glory here.

PS
Totally stunning looks on those screenies. The zenith of 2D art in strategy games.
I prefer this work much more than any cluttered modern CIV6 offerings.

Sieze the Crown by John Ellis

Catfish: terrain CurtSibling: cities FavoredFlight: terrain Fairline: units, people, terrain, cities

These graphics were prompted by a discussion between Techumseh and Gapetit suggesting a makeover would be good for another of John Ellis's scenarios.

I have largely stuck to historical accuracy with the units, at least regarding early unit types and the heraldry of the participants (or rather the later heraldry of their ancestors in the 13th Century). However, the end-game units are anachronistic for the mid-12th century; surcoats worn over armour appeared only in the last couple of decades of the Century, and horse-trappers not until the last few years of the century, probably introduced into northern Europe by returning knights from the 3rd Crusade. Having said this, 1200 CE knights look cooler than 1150 CE knights and are easier to distinguish from their earlier counterparts.

1.png

4.png

Attachments

• fairline STC gfx.rar
    494.2 KB · Views: 200
Are you also planning to make more medieval era units, like crusaders, high medieval time, Teutonic order?

Great graphics, they are looking real nice.:thumbsup:

Changed the 'galley' unit from a Mediterranean dromon to more of a Norman 'Mora'-type longship for anyone whose fussed:

Units STC.png

Attachments

• fairline STC gfx.rar
    320.5 KB · Views: 156
Great units. Had not played this scenario yet, but has been a lot of fun. Really well balanced, and a good example of how civ ii can be great for portraying the medieval period.

Great units. Had not played this scenario yet, but has been a lot of fun. Really well balanced, and a good example of how civ ii can be great for portraying the medieval period.

Thanks, and I've been playing for the first time as well - it's a really great scenario :)

Top Bottom