Fall 2016 patch for Mac

Just launched Steam and Civ 6 downloaded a 2.1GB update. Nothing under news, can't seem to find any release notes. My current version is now 1.0.0.38 (144268)

Will this affect saved games? I mean, can they still be finished? Or do I have to start a new game?

Will this affect saved games? I mean, can they still be finished? Or do I have to start a new game?

Old saved games still seem to work fine.

Just launched Steam and Civ 6 downloaded a 2.1GB update. Nothing under news, can't seem to find any release notes. My current version is now 1.0.0.38 (144268)
FWIW, the PC version is also 1.0.0.38 but with a different build number (?) afterwards, 235603.

According to their Twitter account the patch does not include cross plattform support. Can someone confirm this?
I can confirm it doesn't work yet. Tested last week with a mate who was using the patched PC version. It didn't matter whether I was hosting or he was, both ways the connecting player would get insta-kicked after connecting because of differing versions. We noted that the version is indicated as 1.0.XX (yyyyyy) in the corner of the startup screen; while XX is the same, yyyyyy is not.

I do hope cross-platform support is coming soon. The primary way I play is with multiplayer with a couple of people I know, and both use PCs. I haven't gotten to play nearly as much as I would have liked to, just because I lose interest in single player games as it gets into late game.

Top Bottom