Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

A note about that python code: whitespace does matter in python, so make certain the indentations are correct.

Edit: Now that my computer is working again, here is the correctly indented code:
Spoiler :
Code:
if pPlot.getFeatureType() != iHauntedLands:
	if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iHaunted):
		pCaster.setHasPromotion(iHaunted, False)
	if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iUnwholesomeAddiction):
		pCaster.setHasPromotion(iUnwholesomeAddiction, False)
	if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iSpooked):
		pCaster.setHasPromotion(iSpooked, False)

I don't get the crash. But after downloading your "notapatch" file, I didn't notice any difference in the no. of red blobs as art. And the bear is still a pink button.

Although, I suspect that the crash might be from the haunted lands. The fix comes courtesy of Tarq...

CvSpellInterface.py, at line 484
Spoiler :

Code:
if pPlot.getFeatureType() != iHauntedLands:

if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iHaunted):

pCaster.setHasPromotion(iHaunted, False)

if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iUnwholesomeAddiction):

pCaster.setHasPromotion(iUnwholesomeAddiction, False)

if pCaster.isHasPromotion(iSpooked):

pCaster.setHasPromotion(iSpooked, False)

The lines in bold, add them.

When the xml points to a missing art file, you get a red blob or a pink button. I didn't touch that stuff. When the xml points to missing xml, you get a crash. That's all I fixed, as well as the haunted lands thing.

Also, it's not haunted lands related, because the game only crashes when I enter the world builder, and because I included the haunted lands fix in my notapatch zip.

When the xml points to a missing art file, you get a red blob or a pink button. I didn't touch that stuff. When the xml points to missing xml, you get a crash. That's all I fixed, as well as the haunted lands thing.

Also, it's not haunted lands related, because the game only crashes when I enter the world builder, and because I included the haunted lands fix in my notapatch zip.

Ok, that makes sense.

When I play unrestricted leaders with Cassiel of the Khazad, dubbed 'Khassiel', I can't adopt a state religion, which really ruins my plans of building the mines of Gal-Dur and Bambur and running Arete. However, Cassiel is not Agnostic anymore, that is the civ trait of the Grigori. Now, when I play with 'Khardith' Lorda, I don't get the sprawling civilization trait, (which would've been really cool). Now I can survive playing my game with him, but shouldn't these things be linked like the civilopedia says? Also, aren't the worldspells linked to leaders now? I still get the mother lode worldspell. Also, other civs don't seem to use unrestricted leaders either. I know this custom game totally throws of the balance, that's why I can't post this in that thread.

Also, could the Jotnar possibly have a worldspell? Something like, 'baby boom'?

Finally, whenever its not the active unit my units revert to their bts models. Is this a patching issue?

Thanks guys, and I love what you're doing with this modmod, can't wait for updates...

It wouldn't hurt if it is easily located. Will be tricky to reproduce the issue otherwise.

So you had 2 warriors in the city. You moved the GC into the city from outside somewhere, and nobody was claiming that they could join for the next 20 turns when selected. If I got that clear, then something certainly went wonky. I know that placing a GC with the worldbuilder will result in coming back out of WB to see no spell available, but that is solved by just re-selecting the unit each time. Haven't had any luck with making the spell fail to show up when I moved the unit in.

To be clear though: You weren't attacking anything with those units before trying to join, and they weren't joined to someone else already, correct? Cannot join/leave after any attack. And I highly doubt they were already following someone else, but have to ask to be complete.

Hey Xien, i was just going back to find the save and I noticed something, the 20 turns i was unable to join the units with the great commander was during the time the amurites had used their world spell. So i think by having the spell casting disabled, it might have affected the units from joining with the great general. As soon as the world spell ended i was able to join the units with the great general. I can still produce the save if u want to look into it and do not know if that is an intended function.

That's probabaly it. Was the same issue with Scions adding pop during the Amurite worldspell too.

When I play unrestricted leaders with Cassiel of the Khazad, dubbed 'Khassiel', I can't adopt a state religion, which really ruins my plans of building the mines of Gal-Dur and Bambur and running Arete. However, Cassiel is not Agnostic anymore, that is the civ trait of the Grigori. Now, when I play with 'Khardith' Lorda, I don't get the sprawling civilization trait, (which would've been really cool). Now I can survive playing my game with him, but shouldn't these things be linked like the civilopedia says? Also, aren't the worldspells linked to leaders now? I still get the mother lode worldspell. Also, other civs don't seem to use unrestricted leaders either. I know this custom game totally throws of the balance, that's why I can't post this in that thread.

Also, could the Jotnar possibly have a worldspell? Something like, 'baby boom'?

Finally, whenever its not the active unit my units revert to their bts models. Is this a patching issue?

Thanks guys, and I love what you're doing with this modmod, can't wait for updates...

Models is because in your options you selected "Static Animations" which doesn't work with how some of the models are built in FfH.

The religion thing is because in the XML Cassiel has a weight for each religion on his leaderhead, normally this only affects the AI, but when set to -100 it blocks a human from using that religion. All of his are at -100, so no matter what civ he leads he can never adopt religions.

Hey Xien, i was just going back to find the save and I noticed something, the 20 turns i was unable to join the units with the great commander was during the time the amurites had used their world spell. So i think by having the spell casting disabled, it might have affected the units from joining with the great general. As soon as the world spell ended i was able to join the units with the great general. I can still produce the save if u want to look into it and do not know if that is an intended function.

It was the Amurites, I forgot to mark the Join/Leave as abilities when I wrote them. Also forgot to let them ignore spellcasting. Both changed next patch.

The religion thing is because in the XML Cassiel has a weight for each religion on his leaderhead, normally this only affects the AI, but when set to -100 it blocks a human from using that religion. All of his are at -100, so no matter what civ he leads he can never adopt religions.

Is this necessary with the agnostic trait? that should prevent the grigori from adopting a religion anyways, yes?

Would setting the weights to -99 work just as well ?

again some immortal issue.

spoiled the fun in my game:

a blood of the phoenix immortal (so to say twice immortal :) ) died on another continent and didnt get revived. this was my 388 turn old 1st warrior hero of foxford.
this happened twice already out of 3 lost fights of my IMMORTALS :cry:

i attached the turn before and after his death.

also this save is a proof for the awesomeness of the patch.

a doviello who dominates ALL his neighbours.

u could also take a look at his prod and food graph.
he crippled himself by adopting aristocracy.

before he was leading in prod and food but then in some turns without any urge he fell back very very much

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0387.CivBeyondSwordSave
    883 KB · Views: 49
  • AutoSave_Turn_0386.CivBeyondSwordSave
    884.4 KB · Views: 50
ah, that's sad. you need to specialize i you want to go aristocracy ( read: agrarianism, sanitation and farms everywhere, preferrably on grassland ) . Turinturambar wrote some great code to let the AIs choose civics wisely, and they're definitely capable of using an aristograrian economy in his mod. shouldn't be hard to import either, it's all very simple actually.

This is a bug, and I'm 99% certain I already fixed it. Perhaps I screwed up somewhere.

Checking the unitinfos now, Skald and Vala (mage and archmage UUs) both have Dimensional, Force, Creation, and Ice in their build list. So I'm not sure what the problem is. What unit exactly are you trying to do it with, and are you sure you have the appropriate tech ?

I believe the jotnar have no adept level unit.

This was tested by Vala, Skald and the jotnar world hero who can build nodes.
I have all of the techs, so this is not the problem. I didn't check with Skald and the jotnar hero, but Vala doesn't have Dimensional, Force, Ice and Creation nodes in their list at all.
I just finished downloading patch 051 and I'll check if it has been fixed, but as it's not in the changelog, I doubt it. (I will edit if changed)
edit1: I tried to start the 051 version and recieved a critical error. Does FF051 requires newer BtS version than 050?

didn't see these in the log yet: Grigori horse archers are red blobs and theres a type in the grigori explanation just after you start the game it says adventeures or something :p

Is this necessary with the agnostic trait? that should prevent the grigori from adopting a religion anyways, yes?

Would setting the weights to -99 work just as well ?

Should.

again some immortal issue.

spoiled the fun in my game:

a blood of the phoenix immortal (so to say twice immortal :) ) died on another continent and didnt get revived. this was my 388 turn old 1st warrior hero of foxford.
this happened twice already out of 3 lost fights of my IMMORTALS :cry:

i attached the turn before and after his death.

also this save is a proof for the awesomeness of the patch.

a doviello who dominates ALL his neighbours.

u could also take a look at his prod and food graph.
he crippled himself by adopting aristocracy.

before he was leading in prod and food but then in some turns without any urge he fell back very very much

Has ANY Immortal properly been reborn for anyone? Second complaint I have had which mentioned a failure to be reborn.

This was tested by Vala, Skald and the jotnar world hero who can build nodes.
I have all of the techs, so this is not the problem. I didn't check with Skald and the jotnar hero, but Vala doesn't have Dimensional, Force, Ice and Creation nodes in their list at all.
I just finished downloading patch 051 and I'll check if it has been fixed, but as it's not in the changelog, I doubt it. (I will edit if changed)
edit1: I tried to start the 051 version and recieved a critical error. Does FF051 requires newer BtS version than 050?

Yes, you need 3.19 now, and it is best if you test anything reported on the new version before you report. Otherwise it throws doubt on all claims you make in the same post when one of them isn't correct. Yes, the fix for the Jotnar wasn't in the changelog, but especially when development takes as long as it had for this release, things sometimes just get missed. Fortunately your list was fairly short, so it did seem well selected, and you made it fairly clear that you weren't actually using the new version anyway. But in the future I do prefer that either the old bug thread is bumped to mention what may still be an issue, or that things are tested on the new version prior to reporting :)

One of the Malakim units is missing art in the latest build. (those pink blobs). Don't remember which unit. I'll fire up the game here in a bit and see if I can spot exactly which one.

probalby malakim archer. I fixed that one for patch A.

If it's not though, do let me know.

Huh. I haven't even been looking at the first page in this thread. (smacks head).

I was skimming through the first post and noticed
Equipment Containers inside Cultural Borders get deleted/bumped at the start of the next turn, or on signing Open Borders, potentially only when there is a unit standing on them who doesn't belong in the territory (far_wanderer - Post 140)
Just to clarify - it didn't matter if the unit belonged in the territory or not. In fact, it was only if a barbarian unit stood on the chest that nothing happened. And in my tests, nothing happened to a chest if there was no unit on it.

Also, I thought of a major test I should have done as soon as it was clear this was a barbarian issue: the Clan of Embers. It turns out that this bug does not happen in Clan territory.

However, this revealed yet another bug, which it that I was not able to pick up the axe with a Clan warrior (even after waiting a turn).

@ xienwolf: 1 of 3 dead immortals got revived for me but i failed to notice that he got destroyed at all. he was damaged and stood in my capitol so i assume he was revived.

the other 2 went missing.

I just did a few quick tests with Immortals, both of the Phoenix Blood type and the normal type, there didn't seem to be a difference. Deleting them, either through World Builder or in game, caused them to respawn in the capitol. If they died in combat, though, the "... has been reborn!" message still displayed but the unit did not reappear.

Top Bottom