Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

in ffh i can do this...but they are referred to as horses rather then nightmares in that version. I never really played ffh2, so maybe that is what you are referring to.

i like the change to make everything more culturally/religiously specific, but not to put any individual civ at a disadvantage to the others.

Horses become nightmares when on hell terrain with a sufficiently high plot counter, in both FfH and FF (and Orbis, RifE, Wild Mana, etc). The bug you mention exists in all versions of FfH.

Horses become nightmares when on hell terrain with a sufficiently high plot counter, in both FfH and FF (and Orbis, RifE, Wild Mana, etc). The bug you mention exists in all versions of FfH.

maybe i am using the wrong terminology for the version of the game i was referring to, but here is a screen shot of what i am talking about:

maybe i am using the wrong terminology for the version of the game i was referring to, but here is a screen shot of what i am talking about:

Yes, I am aware of that. The plot counter on that tile isn't high enough.

Each plot has a PlotCounter, that influences how 'hellish' the plot is. Once it hits 10, the tile becomes hell... Once it hits 50, the resource on the tile converts to it's hellish analog. Horse to nightmare, pig to frog, etc. That horse is just on a tile without a high enough counter; It will become a nightmare later on.

I have no clue what version you are playing there. I don't think that Denev's version of BUG + FfH was made before moving the unit image up above the bottom panel, but maybe he put it back. I can say for certain you are NOT using Fall Further, as you have BUG interface, and lack seZereth's interface.

AC Counter in the top like that makes me think you are using FfH 1 still.

EDIT: Looked back at your post, and you are indeed playing FfH1, you posted the picture precisely to inform us of that fact. I personally don't know if Nightmare was even a resource back then, let alone how it worked precisely.

i am certain nightmares did not exist in this version. the first time i saw horses referred to as nightmares was in FF and then i noticed it in FF2.

i recently visited this sight for the first time in ages and saw all these new versions of this mod. I love the new details of this game in these newer versions, but nightmares screw up my ability to make ultra advanced death knights right off of the starting block like i was used to in FFH1.

I really hope in newer versions that problem is addressed and fixed because once you can do that, there is no stopping the destruction of the world...which is of course the ultimate goal. :)

btw is RIFE the newest version of FFH?

i am certain nightmares did not exist in this version. the first time i saw horses referred to as nightmares was in FF and then i noticed it in FF2.

i recently visited this sight for the first time in ages and saw all these new versions of this mod. I love the new details of this game in these newer versions, but nightmares screw up my ability to make ultra advanced death knights right off of the starting block like i was used to in FFH1.

I really hope in newer versions that problem is addressed and fixed because once you can do that, there is no stopping the destruction of the world...which is of course the ultimate goal. :)

btw is RIFE the newest version of FFH?

No. The newest version of FfH is FfH2, version 0.41 patch M.

FfH2 (which is what I was referring to when describing Nightmares, hadn't realized you were talking about FfH1) has spawned several modmods; First was FF, then Orbis. RifE is technically a modmodmod, as it uses FF as it's base. The newest one is Wild Mana.

I never played FfH1, but I'm pretty sure that is not it. The Infernals were not playable (by humans) and there was not hell terrain until the Fire phase. I'm pretty sure he is playing a pre-BtS version of FfH2, something between version 0.20 and 0.23. Hell terrain used to be handled entirely in python. I'm not even sure the plot counter existed back then. I know Nightmares did not.

In normal FfH, the same plot counter (now 10, although it was briefly 20 when first introduced iirc) determines when the terrain and resources change. However, resource changes are still handled in python while terrain changes are handled by the DLL. They run at different times, which often leads to resources taking an extra turn to change.

I never played FfH1, but I'm pretty sure that is not it. The Infernals were not playable (by humans) and there was not hell terrain until the Fire phase. I'm pretty sure he is playing a pre-BtS version of FfH2, something between version 0.20 and 0.23. Hell terrain used to be handled entirely in python. I'm not even sure the plot counter existed back then. I know Nightmares did not.

In normal FfH, the same plot counter (now 10, although it was briefly 20 when first introduced iirc) determines when the terrain and resources change. However, resource changes are still handled in python while terrain changes are handled by the DLL. They run at different times, which often leads to resources taking an extra turn to change.

just to clarify the screen shot is pre bts version .20f. i haven't played for a long time and then picked up bts and i am just trying to see what else is out there...

Hello, I'm new to the FF scene, and playing a marathon game(emperor difficulty) on a huge Erebus_continents map with 19 civs(of which Chislev, Cualli, and Svartfalar got eliminated early on by... Stephanos...) controlling the Scions of Patria as the Risen Emperor. It's only turn 349 but the AC has just reached 60, as I turned the 'Last Days' on, Bradeline's Well was on a desert tile within Sheaim borders (two tiles away from the AV holy city), and Stephanos went on a razing spree.

Here's the problem: At this such an interesting point, I have encountered the 'infinitely wating for other civilization' bug. As I understand from my searching the forums, the current method of solving this problem is to delete units stack by stack until I find which unit was causing the problem. I am going to do that, but before I do so I'd like to ask a question regarding the Meshabber of Dis.

According to the search results this infinite wait bug also occurs occasionally when either the Meshabber or the Avatar of Wrath spawns in the game. Does Meshabber spawn on AC60? The civilopedia only mentions the Infernal Pact as a requirement, and since Hyborem is not yet summoned I suppose Os-Gabella hasn't researched it yet. Or maybe that's what's happening: Sheaim is finishing the Pact research on turn 350 and Meshabber is causing the bug.

One other note, as it might help: on entering turn 350 (and freezing into the infinite wait) all evil nations declared war on me(My Scions are Good). I fell this strange, as I've only seen this behavior before when I summoned Basium, and I didn't even start building the Mercurian Gate on this particular game. Maybe it's Hyborem, but as far as I know this did not happen on the last time Hyborem entered Erebus. But on that game I was neutral, playing as Valledia. And AC was still 30-ish on that game.

Meshabber is built by a player, not spawned free for the barbarians. He is one of the religious heroes.

Better way to start for troubleshooting a WoC is to delete all cities for a certain player (thus removing them from the game), THEN if you find a specific player you can delete to fix things, start deleting his units to try and solve less-drastically.

Did you build the Altar of the Luonnotar? Later levels of that get you auto-declared on. So does starting the tower of mastery.

I do have an Altar of the Luonnotar, but it's level 5, and it's been quite some time since it was built, so I doubt that's causing all the nations to DoW on me.

Now that I think of it, Buboes and Yersina? running around razing and pillaging Malakim and Baelseraph lands has caused AC to spike by a huge amount in the last 4 turns, so this might be the Good-Evil diplomacy penalty doing its work. I know it's not religion because Auric also DoWed on me.

I also don't have all the neccessary towers to start the Tower of Mastery, although I'd love to do so, as I am isolated with a whole sub-continent to myself :)

By the way, here's the save. Please do not take too much note of the 10 Scion cities huddled up in the middle of Patrian Territory; I did that for flavour ;)

View attachment Pontifex Turn_0349.CivBeyondSwordSave

PS: I tried deleting every Tiger/Hill Giant/Elephant in sight, to no avail.
PSS: I have 'complete kills' activated so it might be a pain to delete a Civ completely from the game, but I'll give it a try :(

OK, trying deleting Luichuirp, Maztl, Sheaim, Sidar, and Grigori, and yet the WoC's still there. There is an increasing fear that it's not a unit already in the game that's causing the problems...

Just loaded the previous turn's save and ended two turns in a row - and the problem is not recreated! Case Solved! Why didn't I think of this before? :(

Now it's turn 360, the Amurites have cast their worldspell two turns before all the evil nations declared war on me (It turns out they DoWed on Bannor, and I happen to have a defensive pact with Capria...), on which same turn Hyborem entered the world on the far north of the mainland, beyond the Grigori domains(which until now had been the backwater of the continent). I have a feeling Cassiel isn't going to last long... he's third place from bottom on the scoreboard...

I am afraid that after installing Fall Further, computer turns off on it's own repetively. I don't know if that's the cause, but it repeatedly does so.

I am afraid that after installing Fall Further, computer turns off on it's own repetively. I don't know if that's the cause, but it repeatedly does so.

You've got a hardware problem. My guess is it's your memory, video card, or your power supply. I suggest you take it into your local computer shop and get it looked at.

So...just did a clean install of Windows 7, and as a result had to dload Civ 4 off of Steam, re-install FF etc etc.

Grabbed the dload and the patch; installed, started playing a game.

Somewhere around turn 600 ran into a crash I couldn't (well, tbh, didn't bother to dig around enough to figure out) fix.

Started a new game instead with the Sidar, who I haven't played in a while.

That's when things started to go really wrong.

Right off the bat, my Sidar scouts had the wrong art - they looked like Balseraph warriors with the feathers on their helmet. When I clicked on them, they went back to their proper art, but as soon as they lost focus, they reverted to the wrong look.

Same with warrior, the settler. "Flickering" unit art. Played a few turns anyways, and found a flickering lizardman....who looked like a lizard while it moved, and as soon as my turn popped up, it reverted to an old swordsman look I haven't seen in awhile.

Digging around in the xml, I find the following for a Sidar warrior in the Art Defines.xml:

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARRIOR_SIDAR</Type>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Warrior Sidar.dds</Button>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1</fInterfaceScale>
<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/Civs/Sidar/Warrior/Warrior.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Unique_NativeAmerica_DogSoldier/DogSoldier.kfm</KFM>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>1</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

So, following the few file paths that are listed, I've found that it seems most of my art files are missing. I have no Sidar folder in the Art/Units directory at all. The few directories that are there (about half the civs roughly) don't have much inside them at all. For instance, the only directory under the Amurites is the Archer folder with it's files.

Art/Units/Civs/Sidar/Warrior/Warrior.nif
Art/Units/Unique_NativeAmerica_DogSoldier/DogSoldier.kfm

^^ Those two files don't even exist in my install. In fact, there isn't even a Sidar directory in the Arts/Units directory.

I did a second install, in a clean directory and I have even less art files. In fact in the clean install, the only directory in the Art folder is a Movie directory. So...

I'm confused. I don't know how all this works, but the install seems to be dependent on some things being there, and if they aren't, some stuff doesn't get installed.

Obviously something is wrong, but I don't know enough about how the installer works, or where all the art files come from/go to/base dependencies off in terms of xml paths to figure it out.

It's strange that the first install worked in terms of Art - I had no flickering at all. It's only with this second game that I've had an issue, and decided to do a second install of FF 051 and patch C, which hasn't solved it. And it's not just the Sidar. I started a Khazad game as well, and right away had flickering on the units.

I did a brief skim of this thread going back to the last patch date (late September) and haven't seen any one else mention this.

Any ideas out there?

Wow, such a long post for so simple an answer.

Don't remember turning that option on, I wonder if it's on by default?

Bleh.

Thanks tho! Was just considering a 3rd install lol. You saved me some time :)

Top Bottom