Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

I'm playing Archos and I'm on about turn 350. I started on a continent on the northern half of the map. I'm moving onto continents in the southern half, but taking any unit into the southern half of the map crashes to desktop. Sea unit, land unit, even a hawk scouting and CRASH. After putting so much time and effort into the game, this makes me sad. :(

I'm not sure if these are bugs, but I didn't want to start a new thread. Playing as the Kahdi for the first time and have encountered some issues that I thought I should report:

1) I've received very few Psions (6, although one was killed and I'm now left with 5). I'm playing on a huge map and have a very large empire at this point: my other gated creatures number in the dozens.

2) Despite having had Earth Mana for a long time now, I've had no Earth Elementals gated in. Maybe that's intentional, but I doubt it. I have several of the other Elementals (Air, Fire, Ice, Water), as well as creatures connected to other Mana types (Pit Beasts, Flesh Golems, Aurealis, Spectres, Djinni), so this would seem to be a bug.

3) If the Kahdi complete Birthright Regained, they can end up casting both of their world spells. This doesn't seem appropriate, since the text suggests that Kahd makes an irrevocable choice to serve either Oghma or Mammon. It's also exploitative, since you can get most of the benefits of both spells. Maybe intended, but if not, then perhaps the Kahdi should be blocked from building Birthright Regained?

"Please post any bugs you encounter with as much detail about how it happened and possibly even a savegame. I'll fix what I can when I can :)

If you are experienceing issues with Memory Allocation Failures (MAFs), please attempt to follow the directions in this thread to optimize your computer to run Civ."-XienWolf

I'm running VISTA and when I try editing my boot.ini file(which doesn't show up in a manual search with hidden system and operating files showing), I get denied permission to edit it even though I have administrative rights....

I tried finding the bcdedit, but coulden't find that either. anyone have advice on what to do?(besides getting windows 7 :crazyeye: )

My wife and I like to play as a team in the hotseat mode.
But it seams we cannot play the Kuriotates as a human controlled Civ since their first city will automatically turn into a settlement rather than a city and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it into a city (no pop-up screen asking you whether you want the new town to be city or a settlement)

To reproduce:
- Start the game in multiplayer hotseat mode
- Make the first and second player into a human controlled team (team 1)
- All other Civs are AI controlled and random (it does not make adifference if they are also in teams)
- Choose the Kuriotates for one of the human controlled Civs (it does not seem to matter if it is for player one or two)
- Start the game (we usually choose the following options:
- Map: Standard or large continents
- All victory conditions available
- All of the following checked (actually I can't remember the exact wording: but choose anything that increases the power or frequency of the barbarians and animals, random seed on reload, all religions and all special features and heros active, civ based starting location, AI does not need prerequisite buildings or minimum levels for its units, additional resources, additional events)
- have the player playing the Kurios build their first city
- note that it automatically turns into a settlement

Hi!

I have a question.
At the beginning the game (Race: Lanun), my Warrior (Defender) won against Lion (Barbarian, Attacker). Warrior's statistics doesn't change (number of battles, damage), except experience. Why?

Hi!

I have a question.
At the beginning the game (Race: Lanun), my Warrior (Defender) won against Lion (Barbarian, Attacker). Warrior's statistics doesn't change (number of battles, damage), except experience. Why?

As far as I know the statistics just don't work period.:dunno:

I don't know if this is a feature or a bug. I'm playing Scions/Risen Emperor, Huge Map, Marathon Speed, turn 615. A bit over 10 turns ago my Reborn Spawn Counter vanished. This is the 3rd time it has happened to me this game, but i have fixed it by rolling back my auto saves until i can see it again.

Building scion buildings that affect the spawn chance, Training an Awakened, or collecting resources that improve the % chance have no affect. Once the counter disappears the only way i can make it show up again is by returning to a previous save.

I have not been able to find this anywhere else on the forums (although i may have missed it somewhere). Is this intended to happen after a specific number of reborn spawn into the world? Or after your Civ reaches a particular size? (i am ATM the largest and most powerful civ on the map). I know that the counter did not reach 0% on its own. As of turn 600 my reborn counter was above 10%

or is this a bug. i have included my current save here

Attachments

• Test.CivBeyondSwordSave
    922.1 KB · Views: 247
I'm pretty certain the counter disappears once you reach a certain population level. And will come back if you should drop below that level. I don't remember the specific numbers.

it was worrying me not knowing what was going on.

I don't know what happened. sometimes it won't leave a city screen and sometimes it won't show interface at all. (I'm playing dural with RoK) (it's probably a dumb thing i clicked on) the city interface works however, although it won't leave, even if another unit is selected (I pressed command I and all it did was hide the argamegnon counter)EDIT: I loaded the game before it bugged but now even when i reload it always does that on turn 558

here is a screenshot

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-25 at 6.29.22 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-25 at 6.29.22 AM.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 313
I'm playing as the Archos. I conquered the final Dural city, which happens to be the Order Holy City. At this point, the Armageddon counter begins counting up while the screen displays the 'defeat' message from Damnos. It counts up to 100 and continues trying to count.

I tried adding an additional Dural unit outside of their capital using the worldbuilder. I conquered their capital and the loop didn't begin. So it has nothing to do with the Order. But when I killed the final Dural unit the loop began.

The only way out of the loop is CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Is there no Regen map Option? Any Idea why mine would be missing? Is there any way to use Blue Marble with this?

Is there no Regen map Option? Any Idea why mine would be missing? Is there any way to use Blue Marble with this?

Valk said for RiFE it was because map/event scripts that ran on the first turn would not work correctly with map regen. Fall Further probably does not include this for the same reason, though I'm not positive on that.

I think the RiFE modmod already uses blue marble, so you could download it.

Playing as Scions, Risen Emperor. Huge, Fractal Map, Quick, 15 Civs, turn 170.

I honestly can't say any more than that. Right after turn 170 it just crashes with no error reports or anything. This has happened before in other saves, I don't remember if it was the same turn number or not, but the end result is the same. Below is the saved, when you end the turn, it will crash.

Attachments

• Dude Turn_0117.CivBeyondSwordSave
    501.2 KB · Views: 195
Playing as Scions, Risen Emperor. Huge, Fractal Map, Quick, 15 Civs, turn 170.

I honestly can't say any more than that. Right after turn 170 it just crashes with no error reports or anything. This has happened before in other saves, I don't remember if it was the same turn number or not, but the end result is the same. Below is the saved, when you end the turn, it will crash.

Fall Further isn't being developed any more, the last patch came out more than 2 years ago. You might want to check out Rise from Erebus (http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=360) instead -- that started out as a Fall Further modmod, but has been and continues to be actively developed.

It's remotely possible that someone will look at your save and try to fix what's causing the crach so you can continue playing your particular game, but I wouldn't count on it, sorry.

Top Bottom