Fall Further - The Original Thread

True, which is one of the main reasons I'm recommending that we borrow Conqueror's Delight's Invisibility mechanisms. (I was actually thinking that making units invisible while in water tiles would be the most important for my purposes though.) The code already exists and is easily availible, so we might as well borrow it from Dom Pedro II.

Don't they have that in the Gods of Old mod? I thought that Nana gave invisibility in forest's. Course I havn't played Gods of Old since December, so I might be wrong.

No. The religious promotion Nanna's Cloak just gave a 25% defensive bonus in forests, jungles, and cities. No religion had anything to do with invisibility.

(I hadn't played since it first came out, so I had to look this up.)

Okay, I knew that one of Nanna's Promotions had to do with forests, I just couldn't remember what exactly.

I just had that odd worldbuilder bug again, but this time in an advanced start game instead of worldbuilder. (I'm still on my modified 041C version for now, since I'm waiting for a modcomp that I want to try to merge with the 041D DLL to be released.)

Edit: Nevermind. I think this was caused by a recent mistake in a python file where I accidentially used .. instead of .

Just got 41D up and running, and wow, love the new Main menu and Music.
(Actually, it reminded be of a sepiffic episode of Doctor Who I like, now that I think about it)
Also, I also always thought strings were far more apropete for the end of the world.

Hi gang, just installed FallFurther and fired it up for the first time tonight.

Unfortunately, I get no interface at all (alt-I doesn't help).

I have FFH032l and patch D for fall further.

I thought at first it might have been some of the other mods I had applied to FFH (like lairs) so I made a fresh install of FFH and patched it, then a fresh install of FF and patched that.

No luck.

in desperation, I did some searching here, and tried turning off the alignment / religion screens based on xienwolf's post (modifying the cvmaininterface.py line 1108)

Anyon have a clue why I get a good interface in FFH but none in FF?

Hi gang, just installed FallFurther and fired it up for the first time tonight.

Unfortunately, I get no interface at all (alt-I doesn't help).

I have FFH032l and patch D for fall further.

I thought at first it might have been some of the other mods I had applied to FFH (like lairs) so I made a fresh install of FFH and patched it, then a fresh install of FF and patched that.

No luck.

in desperation, I did some searching here, and tried turning off the alignment / religion screens based on xienwolf's post (modifying the cvmaininterface.py line 1108)

Anyon have a clue why I get a good interface in FFH but none in FF?

If you turn the popups for Python Errors on. you should get a message that might help. The option is "HidePythonExceptions" in the configini file (shortcut to Civ4 Config is in the BtS directory). If you set it to "0" and post the resulting message I'll try to work it out (almost all no-interface issues produce/are a result of a Python Exception

Hi and sorry for ascing again, but how do i get rid of the"Swamp"-improvement?
The spread all aover my lands, just as intended... but my adeps are now unabble to build Mananodes on the tiles... :mad:

Hmm, swamps shouldn't appear on reasources, but Scorch will remove the swamp but also reduce the wetland to grassland.

If you turn the popups for Python Errors on. you should get a message that might help. The option is "HidePythonExceptions" in the configini file (shortcut to Civ4 Config is in the BtS directory). If you set it to "0" and post the resulting message I'll try to work it out (almost all no-interface issues produce/are a result of a Python Exception

OK .. forgot to do that first, sorry. when I did.. here's what I got.. on the initPython section of the game startup .. a TON of popup exceptions:

Traceback:
File "<string>" in line 1 in ?
File "<string>" in line 52 in load_module
File CivEventInterface in line 13 in ?
File CivCustomEventManager line 24
File CivEventInterface in line 12 in ?

there were lots more, I started using shorthand here...

CivScreensInterface line 10
............ line 52
MainInterface line 12
CvStatisticsScreen line 13
UnitStatisticsTools line 6
Defines
attribute error
'module' object has no attribute sdObjectGetAll

and finally:

Failed to load CvEventInterface.

Then nothing more till I started a new game, then about 5 more popups in the game interface all referring to wanting some of these other dependencies in the pre_game section.

hope this helps.

OK .. forgot to do that first, sorry. when I did.. here's what I got.. on the initPython section of the game startup .. a TON of popup exceptions:

Traceback:
[...]
UnitStatisticsTools line 6
Defines
attribute error
'module' object has no attribute sdObjectGetAll

and finally:

Failed to load CvEventInterface.

Thanks - that traces back to being related to the UnitStats. Do you have any files installed in CustomAssets (general use mods that are always loaded when you play civ) - possibly ones that include something related to the SDToolkit?

As the issue is related to the UnitStats, you won't see the same problem in normal FfH (which doesn't include stat-tracking) - though I know from Teg Navanis's notes that other mods that use SDToolkit may not merge neatly with his UnitStats. As you said it was a clean install of FF, all I can think of is a conflict elsewhere. Teg may be able to suggest something else (he's been brilliant at providing support for the mod so far) but checking the CustomAssets would be my first move.

Thanks - that traces back to being related to the UnitStats. Do you have any files installed in CustomAssets (general use mods that are always loaded when you play civ) - possibly ones that include something related to the SDToolkit?

As the issue is related to the UnitStats, you won't see the same problem in normal FfH (which doesn't include stat-tracking) - though I know from Teg Navanis's notes that other mods that use SDToolkit may not merge neatly with his UnitStats. As you said it was a clean install of FF, all I can think of is a conflict elsewhere. Teg may be able to suggest something else (he's been brilliant at providing support for the mod so far) but checking the CustomAssets would be my first move.

Nope .. I didn't think I had installed anything, but I went to check .. nothing but a lot of empty folders in CustomAssets. (same with the other Custom... folders.)

@kdodge: search your system (especially your 'My Documents' and Firaxis folders) for a file called SdToolKitAdvanced.py. You should find only one, its path being *\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall Further 041\Assets\python\Utils\ (and its timestamp June 26th 2008).

And instead of typing down the whole python exception, you can find it in the file PythonErr.log in your *\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\ folder. Just make sure you have LoggingEnabled set to 1.

Hi Vehem (or anyone else) - quick question/problem. I added a new custom civ to FF - it seems to work fine, but my new civ is not able to explore ruins for some reason.

I am not sure why that is - not sure if its something I did/didn't do, a bug, or if its intentional, or if I need to update a file in the FF mod to allow my custom civ to explore ruins?

Any thoughts/pointers/suggestions you might have on what the problem might be so I can fix it?

Love FF by the way. Great work. :goodjob:

@kdodge: search your system (especially your 'My Documents' and Firaxis folders) for a file called SdToolKitAdvanced.py. You should find only one, its path being *\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall Further 041\Assets\python\Utils\ (and its timestamp June 26th 2008).

And instead of typing down the whole python exception, you can find it in the file PythonErr.log in your *\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\ folder. Just make sure you have LoggingEnabled set to 1.

Thanks Teg, I knew that had to be logged somewhere, was looking for it last night but decided to play instead. lol

AHA I found no less than 5 copies of that file:
Fall from heaven 2 032/Assets/python
Fall from heaven 2 032/Assets lairs/python
Fall Further 041\Assets\python
Fall Further 041\Assets lairs\python
Fall Further 041\Assets\python\Utils

all but the Utils were dated 4/10/06

I'm 99% certain though that I made clean installs of both mods.
It's entirely possible that I was too bleary eyed and didnt make a good clean uninstall before I reinstalled.

Cleaning all that up now.... thank you for the debugging help, I"ll keep you posted!

Bingo!

I must not have cleaned up my FFH installation before re-installing and that had an old "lairs" install.

I didn't realize till I back-surfed here that FF actually copies files from the FFH install, not just references back.

All fixed!! on to play with new races...thanks!!

I like the new civs, and I like the added stuff...

But I HATE THE PRESS CTRL+ALT+O TO EDIT DEBUG MODE MESSAGE!!!

How could I get rid of that, seriously, it drives me friggin insane... I've stopped two games so far just because the flashing of that message makes me wanna throw heavy objects at it...

If someone could help me with this I´d appreciate it, thank you :)

Top Bottom