Fall Further - The Original Thread

I think that because the Sidar always have Shadow and Spirit mana from their Palace, the House of the Grey will always give them +2 :). Maybe change this to another resource, or make the bonus only for extra Shadow/Spirit mana beyond the automatic 1 unit?

Just out of curiosity, since I haven't seen much feedback on it thus far: What do people think of the Master/Slave unit connections? Do you use the icons? Find yourself renaming your summoners often so you can track things? Enjoying the access to more Skeletons with Graveyards? Frustrated that each Worker and Hawk has to summon their own Skeleton as the Amurites?

But mostly just curious what folks think of the interface portion :)

Do you use the icons?
But mostly just curious what folks think of the interface portion

I've been taking a break from Civ - too much Scions playtesting - but I did try the new interface and I like it. I found the icons very useful. (I think I'll like Death magic quite a bit better with the new limitation on Skeletons.)

... assuming I know what icons you're talking about...

Timppå;7132943 said:
I like the new civs, and I like the added stuff...

But I HATE THE PRESS CTRL+ALT+O TO EDIT DEBUG MODE MESSAGE!!!

How could I get rid of that, seriously, it drives me friggin insane... I've stopped two games so far just because the flashing of that message makes me wanna throw heavy objects at it...

If someone could help me with this I´d appreciate it, thank you :)

I just wish it'd save the settings I set when I load up a game. Or an option to turn it off completely.

My personal ideal is that we find out which portions of BUG mod people actually use, and I work them into the DLL as gameoptions/permanent features. Maybe add some of them to the standard Options Interface and .ini so that they can be saved across games (but I haven't attempted to modify that yet, so don't know if it is beyond my ken at this point :)). BUG Mod itself went to great pains to remain Python only, but a lot of what they have done is honestly much easier/better done with the DLL.

I noticed that when I upgraded my adept to a wizard, he no longer got his free promotion from being upgraded. Is this a bug or a feature to help balance wizards. I was thinking it was a bug because I didn't see it listed as a change on the first page.

Also, thanks Vehem for the excellent modmod.

I noticed that when I upgraded my adept to a wizard, he no longer got his free promotion from being upgraded. Is this a bug or a feature to help balance wizards. I was thinking it was a bug because I didn't see it listed as a change on the first page.

I've noticed this too. I wonder, could it possibly be caused by the "no level limits requirements" option? I think I've only noticed it in games with this option.

Also, the Divided Soul thing for Sidar is micromanagement hell. Impossible to keep track of which unit is attached to which.
Plus, the soul summoner units cost upkeep I think. Not worth it.

Press CTRL ALT O and then find the checkbox which turns it off. Something like "Keyboard shortcut reminder" IIRC.

I tried that, but instead of giving options for the bug mod, it gives this error message.

"Can't find Fall Further.ini file

Used search paths

c:\program files\cid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword

c:\omat tiedostot\my games\beyond the sword"

And I can't find Fall Further.ini file anywhere on my computer. The upper folder on the error message is where I've installed BTS

Im confused now

I believe there a is a fall from heaven 032 ini file in your fall further directory. try renaming that to fall further and editing it near the end to say fall further. I had the same problem once before and I think that is what I did to fix it.

edit: In the FFHbug ini file scroll down to the screens section, around line 223. You'll find this line
Code:
# Whether or not to display a reminder message about Alt + Ctrl + O
Options Shortcut Reminder = False

Yours probably says True, change to False

In that case you need to install the patch :) Vehem forgot to set some directory path definition somewhere, so unless you had the BUG Mod installed in the same non-FF location he did by sheer coincidence you would not get an options screen. Was fixed in Patch A I think, but lots of nice things in the later patches to make it worthwhile to get D anyway (D contains all information from all patches before it)

Just noticed that I didn't have the patch... I did download it, but didn't install it... naturally :)

Thank you :)

edit: Awww... New main menu and musics and better interface and no flashing press ctrl+alt+o and everything ok, me likes.

I also like the lizardmen civs, a lot :)

I've noticed this too. I wonder, could it possibly be caused by the "no level limits requirements" option? I think I've only noticed it in games with this option.

Also, the Divided Soul thing for Sidar is micromanagement hell. Impossible to keep track of which unit is attached to which.

Me three - though it's my first FF game where I've got to Sorcery (only recently downloaded, and my first attempt with the Cualli I completely ballsed up the economy) and I'd assumed it may relate to playing the Archos

I know what I did to mess things up with the Mage/Archmage free promotions. Thought when I was changing it that it would fix the issue with gifting (which it does), but I forgot the function is also used for upgrading at the time. Easily fixed though :)

If you want to find the severed soul for a unit, click on the button that appears under their unit image. Likewise for the master unit of a soul. Makes the "impossible" really quite easy :D

This works with any summon - the unit that summoned it and the summon are linked and you can switch between the two using the buttons under the unit image. Handy for finding the skeleton that belongs to an adept so that it can be disbanded and resummoned if needed.

Vehem, I checked out the new fall further main screen on a friend's monitor ( 4:3 ) and it looks absolutely awesome. it turns out that it looks weird on a 16:9 screen like mine, cuz the image does not "stretch" and so it cuts off the "fall further" title from the screen ( it gets "swallowed" by the semi-transparent band on the lower side of the screen :( ). sucks to be me, I guess :lol:

Top Bottom