Fall Further - The Original Thread

Hi,

played my first game of FF with the good lizards - Mazsomething. Very nice, a really great mod.

Now a question: rather than waiting for them to spread, is there any way for the lizards to create jungles in their territory? Something like the spell "Bloom" for the FoL guys?

they create swamps using the spring spell, but jungles haven't been touched sofar. To be honest, i don't expect vehem to truly allow them to terraform up to those extreme levels (they've already got the strongest economy in the game, hands down), but i would prefer to see the forests in their territory changing into deep jungle a lot faster (i.e. forest + wetlands = deep jungle, automatically)

I'd like to see that as well. Right now I find them annoying to play unless you are playing the Creation mapscript, or are lucky enough to start near jungle on a normal map.

Maybe not change instantly, since with workers being able to Spring that is guaranteed to turn a forest into a jungle, but definitely a higher rate would be nice. Maybe even dependent on mana?

Yeah, allowing regular forest to turn into Deep Jungle would be great, Creation is the only map I can play, bacause jungle strat are so rare in regular.

there's a rainforest mapscript aswell, but that's even more overpowered than lanun on archipelago or dwarves in highlands.

i assume you are going to convert FF to be compatable with version .33?

Xienwolf has done all of the DLL already - I've got 2 directories of XML to finish (though one of them is Units which is the most heavily modified). Python I think is sorted. Had most of it done last night but was falling asleep - awake now though.

Grand news, it's a little odd trying to tackle lairs and finding they just disappear ;o)

second that, it's great to hear that 0.33 FF is coming soon :D

btw, Vehem, are the flavourful unique features and the safety distance feature of the latest version of flavourmod gonna be in this version? they were absent in 0.41d and they made a great addition to the game imho :)

[to_xp]Gekko;7145646 said:
Vehem, are the flavourful unique features and the safety distance feature of the latest version of flavourmod gonna be in this version? they were absent in 0.41d and they made a great addition to the game imho :)

I've sent a new version to Vehem some days ago. It's primary intention was to fix the OOS issue, but the safety distance and the flavourful unique features mechanism were parts of this version too. I suppose it will be integrated, if there aren't any problems with it in conjunction with FfH 0.33. There shouldn't, but you never know.

To be honest the safety distance feature won't be really necessary anymore. The main reason for introducing it was Barabatos killing everybody having the bad luck starting right beside him. The new FfH solves this problem by don't letting him spawn at the beginning of the game. As long as you don't decide to visit the Broken Sepulcher he souldn't be a problem in 0.33 games.

Any chance of making Somnium more important to the game? I know Kael doesn't want this, but I'd love to see a game option where it is and the AI handles winning and losing by declaring war or in other ways.

Any chance of making Somnium more important to the game? I know Kael doesn't want this, but I'd love to see a game option where it is and the AI handles winning and losing by declaring war or in other ways.

Xienwolf mentioned earlier that he had some ideas for expansion on the game and I'll probably think of a few myself once I get chance to play it a bit (haven't had time to play it much yet - plenty of hammering of XML to do :D)

===

The good news is that we now have what appears to be a working version of 042 - I've sent a copy to Xienwolf and Tarquelne to check overnight and - following whatever tweaks are needed tomorrow - there should be a public release fairly shortly.

awsome! you guys are on fire! one thing id liketo know is: are there any more unique features planned for FF? i know there is 7 Pines (havent actually played FF since thats been implemented) but have you got any more ideas?

awsome! you guys are on fire! one thing id liketo know is: are there any more unique features planned for FF? i know there is 7 Pines (havent actually played FF since thats been implemented) but have you got any more ideas?

I had a post over in the Lore forum a while back that tried to drum up some discussion of the existing lore locations, but we mostly drew a blank. We did find some information on Bradeline's Well - a portal to hell that was possibly formed by Meshabber (and more directly, Zazim) being summoned by Bradeline and released(ish) by Kael Coalbane.

As far as any other locations go - I'm wide open to suggestions. I really like that feature of FfH and the landmark signs in the latest version just add to it.

To be honest the safety distance feature won't be really necessary anymore. The main reason for introducing it was Barabatos killing everybody having the bad luck starting right beside him. The new FfH solves this problem by don't letting him spawn at the beginning of the game. As long as you don't decide to visit the Broken Sepulcher he souldn't be a problem in 0.33 games.

judging from this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7145319#post7145319
safety distance is still useful in 0.33 :D

As far as any other locations go - I'm wide open to suggestions. I really like that feature of FfH and the landmark signs in the latest version just add to it.

Off the top of my head, the volcano that the Cualli hid in and the entrances to the underworld relevant to the Khazad and Archos backstories could be okay, though palaces are supposed to account for the latter, I suppose. Possibly you could key them so they only appear if that race isn't in the game?

Top Bottom