Fall Further - The Original Thread

After a few month without FFH2 and FF I started playing FF again and I have to say it's great. This modmod rox!
And I'm very happy the BUG mod is (partially) included.

thx for the hard work. :goodjob:

Now I have to leave and play again! Curse you!!!11 ;)

I think monks are too nerfed now. They are useless in attack and defense now and used to be my favorite unit. :(

Try them in Patch E - let me know what you think.

• Increased to Str 4/5 instead of Str 4/4
  • Pacifist only applies outside of team borders (so in your own lands it actually is Str 4/5)
  • Abbey tech reduced to Priesthood - makes it easier to access their spirit mana affinity (Focus).

They still remain just one option for the Elohim now - which is much better if they can obtain the benefit from Shrine of Sirona.

Don't know which end it's on, but the Scions can build the Abbey. Either it's counting the Kylorin Cult as a monastery, or the Abbey requires any pagan temple rather than just the monastery.

Thanks - sorted in Patch E.

Try them in Patch E - let me know what you think.

• Increased to Str 4/5 instead of Str 4/4
  • Pacifist only applies outside of team borders (so in your own lands it actually is Str 4/5)
  • Abbey tech reduced to Priesthood - makes it easier to access their spirit mana affinity (Focus).

They still remain just one option for the Elohim now - which is much better if they can obtain the benefit from Shrine of Sirona.

Thanks - sorted in Patch E.

And what about my question (sorry for impatience). Is there any way to deal with lags?

And what about my question (sorry for impatience). Is there any way to deal with lags?

Can you try replacing your MainInterface with the attached file (it's in "\Beyond The Sword\Mods\Fall Further 042\Python\Screens"). You need to extract the .py file from the zip first.

Remember to make a backup of the file first, otherwise you'll need to reinstall to undo this

That's a default FfH interface, which will look slightly odd in places (it doesn't handle the "Raw Armageddon Counter" for instance), but if that solves the problem we have an idea of where to look for a better fix.

Also - can you supply the spec of the machine you're using - will help to work out if it's performance related (might need to tidy up some code to work better on slower machines if that is the case).

Attachments

• CvMainInterface.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 75
Patch E - Download
1. CtD related to unit upgrades for units without a race fixed.
2. Artwork added for Lizardman promotion and Deep Jungle button.
3. Lucian can be upgraded following the Axeman line. Retains his name and the single unit graphics.
4. Elohim pacifist promotion only applies when outside their own borders (should help to handle the barbarians early game).
5. Base combat strength is now capped at a minimum of 0 regardless of promotions. Corlindale returned to 0/0 strength.
6. Monks set to Str 4/5.
7. Abbey no longer buildable by some races that should not be able to.
8. TechPrereq for Abbey reduced from Religious Law to Priesthood.
9. (Hopefully) Resolved issue with upgrades. If there's any further odd behaviour - please let us know.
10. Xienwolf's Adaptive Trait tool tips re-enabled (lost them with 033).
11. Prereq tags for inOwnBorders, inTeammateBorders, inRivalBorders (neutral, non team), inEnemyBorders (at war) and inNoBorders (unowned) added for Promotions.

maybe a bug:

A barbarian lion 1 title away from Necrototem attacked my hunter with Subdue Animal promotion (two titles away from necrototem). After that combat I had an infinity loop and after reloading a CTD. After three reloads I cheated 1 warrior next to the lion and killed it and the game continued without problem.

Can you try replacing your MainInterface with the attached file

That eliminated the chronic "catch"/pause in the game I was having. It's pretty much everywhere - opening/closing the city screen, unit selection, etc. I'm pretty sure it showed up with the initial 042. The post in which I reported it was put up after Patch A, however, so maybe it appeared then.

I've got an Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400 (2.31 Ghz), 3.5 gigs of ram, a GeForce 7900 GS video card and an on-Mboard sound card.

Can you try replacing your MainInterface with the attached file (it's in "\Beyond The Sword\Mods\Fall Further 042\Python\Screens"). You need to extract the .py file from the zip first.

Remember to make a backup of the file first, otherwise you'll need to reinstall to undo this

That's a default FfH interface, which will look slightly odd in places (it doesn't handle the "Raw Armageddon Counter" for instance), but if that solves the problem we have an idea of where to look for a better fix.

Also - can you supply the spec of the machine you're using - will help to work out if it's performance related (might need to tidy up some code to work better on slower machines if that is the case).

I had similiar problems as VSPavlov, could best be described as a small delay during/after unit movement, especially if a lot of tiles are revealed by the move. Using the original FFH file fixed the problem, as well as the CvMainInterfaceFF.py which can also be found in the relevant folder.

Machine specs:WindowsXP 32bit, C2D 3GHz, 3,5GB RAM, 8800GT 1024MB Video card, shouldn'be the problem.

And of course, thanks for the great (mod)mod!

maybe a bug:

A barbarian lion 1 title away from Necrototem attacked my hunter with Subdue Animal promotion (two titles away from necrototem). After that combat I had an infinity loop and after reloading a CTD. After three reloads I cheated 1 warrior next to the lion and killed it and the game continued without problem.

That might be a base mod bug - there shouldn't be anything FF related about Necrototems or Subdue Animal. I'll try to reproduce it anyway and try to find a cause, but I'd post that one to Kael's thread as a "might be a bug".

Nicopol said:
will patch E break patch D savegames?

Yes - new (hidden) promotion to handle Lucian and new tags added in DLL.

Tarquelne said:
That eliminated the chronic "catch"/pause in the game I was having. I'm pretty sure it showed up with the initial 042. The post in which I reported it was put up after Patch A, however, so maybe it appeared then.

I've got an Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400 (2.31 Ghz), 3.5 gigs of ram, a GeForce 7900 GS video card and a on-Mboard sound card.

Thanks - system definitely seems speedy enough. Will have a play with it and then I'll send you a couple more MainInterfaces to see what difference they make (if you don't mind being the guinea pig for this one?)

I'm wondering a bit on the FF patches. Currently you say it is based on FFH 033 C which is when I downloaded FF and its patches. However when FFH goes to patch D and FF updates to that, will I have to rerun the initial FF setup program or will the FF patch include both FFH updates and whatever is changed for FF?

I'll send you a couple more MainInterfaces to see what difference they make (if you don't mind being the guinea pig for this one?)

Sure - no problem.

I'm wondering a bit on the FF patches. Currently you say it is based on FFH 033 C which is when I downloaded FF and its patches. However when FFH goes to patch D and FF updates to that, will I have to rerun the initial FF setup program or will the FF patch include both FFH updates and whatever is changed for FF?

"Officially" - rerun FF setup, then the patch.
"Unofficially" - most of the FfH patch content tends to be in the FF patches anyway.

I too have experienced the same issue of the small delay particularly noticeable in the city screen, I have a game running right now but I'll give a try to the modified cvmaininterface later and report.

What does Effect Promo do again? I thought it was mentioned but I couldn't find the reference.

Also:
"Pack Leader" promo's Description is "PROMOTION_PACK_LEADER" rather than "TXT_KEY..." or simply "Pack Leader". It doesn't show up from the 'pedia but it is shown as "Starts with PROMOTION_PACK_LEADER..." in Lucian's entry.

What does Effect Promo do again? I thought it was mentioned but I couldn't find the reference.

Also:
"Pack Leader" promo's Description is "PROMOTION_PACK_LEADER" rather than "TXT_KEY..." or simply "Pack Leader". It doesn't show up from the 'pedia but it is shown as "Starts with PROMOTION_PACK_LEADER..." in Lucian's entry.

"EffectPromotion" is the "hidden" field (it's a "game effect" rather than a promotion as such). It's not visible in most places within the game, though I don't think having it as a starting promotion was considered - the original plan was for it to be part of the AutoAcquire setup I believe. GraphicalOnly hides the promotion from the 'pedia, but would still show it in game.

Shouldn't be too hard to hide it completely though. It's named Pack Leader at the moment as that was the name I was using for it when I originally coded it to be visible. The TXT_KEY was removed as it won't be needed when the promotion is properly invisible.

ok, I've tried the modified cvmaininterface vehem provided and it does fix the slight delay in the game. btw, I'm running a hotseat game (0.42E, without scions and without the modified cvmaininterface) and every time the turn goes from me to the other human playing, the interface option that highlights resources on the map gets automatically deselected so we have to re-enable it each turn. not sure if it's a bts, ffh or ff issue though, since it's the first time I'm playing hotseat..

update on the modified cvmaininterface: some delays are still noticeable for me, the worst one being when you expand a religion in a city, there's a wait of a couple seconds before the unit disappears. same when for example building an academy with a great sage. I think this delay was introduced with FFH 0.33 though, I think it wasn't there in 0.32

[to_xp]Gekko;7172934 said:
update on the modified cvmaininterface: some delays are still noticeable for me, the worst one being when you expand a religion in a city, there's a wait of a couple seconds before the unit disappears. same when for example building an academy with a great sage. I think this delay was introduced with FFH 0.33 though, I think it wasn't there in 0.32

Think that's probably related to the unit anims (or lack thereof in some cases) - the game allows a brief time for the unit to animate when it performs those actions. I think those were probably there for a very long time (pre-FF). They should be present in BtS, but the unit is animating at the time so it isn't noticeable as a delay.

Top Bottom