Fall Further - The Original Thread

Great modmod ! I liked it although play it not so long. Still, I have one request:
please, make something with "raiders" trait, promotion given by that trait is worthless,
in FFH it gives +xp from combat, use enemy roads and 1 first strike chance. Not much, still pretty useful with "homeland". Now Amelanchier is worse choice than Tessa :(
Hope you can do something about it. Thanks again for great modmod :)
P.S. Lizardmans is awesome, they are like cheat ;)

Summon Treant does not work. CIV4SpellInfos.xml has reqSummonTreant(pCaster) as a prereq, but this call does not exist CvSpellInterface.py. The main mod now uses
Code:
            <FeatureOrPrereq1>FEATURE_FOREST</FeatureOrPrereq1>
            <FeatureOrPrereq2>FEATURE_FOREST_ANCIENT</FeatureOrPrereq2>
instead of using a python prereq.

Great modmod ! I liked it although play it not so long. Still, I have one request:
please, make something with "raiders" trait, promotion given by that trait is worthless,
in FFH it gives +xp from combat, use enemy roads and 1 first strike chance. Not much, still pretty useful with "homeland". Now Amelanchier is worse choice than Tessa :(
Hope you can do something about it. Thanks again for great modmod :)
P.S. Lizardmans is awesome, they are like cheat ;)

The Commando promotion had it's prereq reduced from Combat 4 to Combat 3, so it's easier to get for everyone. The Raider promotion is actually very potent against larger civilizations that you may not be able to defeat immediately in a straight fight. You can cripple their economy and make gold in the process. This is in essence a "raid" rather than simply running very quickly along their roads to capture the cities.

The trait still gives +1 XP from combat - that's the trait rather than the promotion so it didn't change.

If you really want to change it though - go to "\Beyond The Sword\Mods\Fall Further 042\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4TraitInfos.xml" - you can open it in Notepad. Search for "PROMOTION_RAIDER" and change it to "PROMOTION_COMMANDO". It's literally a one word change :D

Summon Treant does not work. CIV4SpellInfos.xml has reqSummonTreant(pCaster) as a prereq, but this call does not exist CvSpellInterface.py. The main mod now uses
Code:
            <FeatureOrPrereq1>FEATURE_FOREST</FeatureOrPrereq1>
            <FeatureOrPrereq2>FEATURE_FOREST_ANCIENT</FeatureOrPrereq2>
instead of using a python prereq.

Thanks - will sort it.
EDIT: Fixed Unyielding Order too - same issue.

Can you try replacing your MainInterface with the attached file (it's in "\Beyond The Sword\Mods\Fall Further 042\Python\Screens").

Than you, kind one! I definitely shall try it now.

Main chars of my machine are:
AMD Sempron 2800+ (Hammer) @1.6 GHz
2 Gb RAM PC5300
NVidia GeForce 7900 256 Mb

____

Oh, yeah - I tried it, and now there's no lag at all. Thank you!

I guess that means things like ranged archery attacks can't be removed? Shame.

I don't know much about modding but isn't it possible to make a kind of modmod that never needs to be updated?

Not "never", but a module could replace certain parts and that module might survive an update or 5. That would basically be a small mod that you install alongside that could overwrite certain unit details (such as the archers) to re-modify them. I'll see if I can produce something along those lines if that's the only issue?

The attached file should do the trick in a modular way for the old style archery and siege lines. No guarantees about how long they'll survive through the patches - but it should be slightly longer than doing it any other way.

Enable ModularLoading in Fall Further 042.ini

Code:
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

and add the assets folder from the zip.

The "ClassicArchers" module will set all UNITCOMBAT_ARCHER units back to their 033 defaults

The "ClassicSiege" module will set all UNITCOMBAT_SIEGE units back to their 033 defaults as well as hiding the Assault Promotions and reallowing access to Combat Promotions for siege units.

===

If you want to remove either, delete the appropriate directory in Assets\Modules. These are provided "as is" - updates will probably not be too quick and they're not really part of Fall Further. They're provided as an option for those who want it.

Attachments

• ClassicArchery+ClassicSiege.zip
    25.9 KB · Views: 44
The delay on religion spread (and similar unit-consuming actions - Cage <Animal> for instance) has been there since the beginning of FfH 2 and is indeed because there's a waiting period for the unit's animation to play. It's possibly not something which can be modded since it'll in the GFX engine, but adding some animations would do the trick; it's just that that requires someone to make them.
The other 'hang' thing is definitely new to FF 042 - I'm getting it too now, and it is quite irritating. My system has eaten Civ4 for breakfast previously so I'm sure it's not simply a low-spec issue. I've an AMD processor and Nvidia GPU if that could be relevant. Actually, I have also recently upgraded my Nvidia drivers (Steam kept nagging me) - I guess there's an outside chance that could have caused it too.

I see... strange that I didn't notice that delay on religion spread on 0.32, probably didn't play it long enough :lol: well, doesn't matter anyway. I'm sure Vehem and xienwolf will get rid of the other "hang" thing though ;)

I am not sure if this is a FF issue or FfH (was running FF). As balsaraph, the add to freakshow button was available for slaves, even if the building already existed in the city. If you clicked it, you did not get a second building (which is good), but you loose the slave.

is it possible to mod in chosing one promo removing the option of picking a different one later?

I want to test buffing the drill line but having it remove the option of selecting any combat promotions and vice versa, selecting combat promotion removes the option of selecting any drill promos.

is it possible to mod in chosing one promo removing the option of picking a different one later?

I want to test buffing the drill line but having it remove the option of selecting any combat promotions and vice versa, selecting combat promotion removes the option of selecting any drill promos.

It's something that we've discussed, but haven't got around to implementing yet.

I still have to build the Hippus Ranch to build Horsemen (building says it also adds Horselord). This was in a patch D game.

<_____< damn lol I'd like to try this mod mod out but lol it's not up to date with current version of FFH guess I'll patiently wait... unless I'm reading something wrong and it is up to date with it

We haven't updated since patch C, but these last 2 patches for FfH were mostly bug-fixes and not so much rebalancing or new features. Some of the bugs are non-issues for FF, or have been solved already (since I sorta caused them in the main mod).

Overall, you could probably use the latest FF with the latest FfH without issue. Probably.

I see... I'll give it a shot... but not right now... lol busy on the new map I made to play on and it's late right now so I'll try tomorrow :p

Um, okay. From what I've read, this is a great modmod, dramatically improving FfH. And I downloaded the installer, and...

When I try to install it, I get this:

An error occured while trying to read the source file:
The source file "D:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 032\*" does not exist.

Why is that? Pardon my ignorance, but it's just the second time I'm using a Civ4 mod. My version of FfH is 0.33, with the latest patch ("d"). Does it mean anything that it's Civ4 Complete? I guess it might be not up-to-date with 0.33, :mad:

Yeah, I suspected that. I'll try to solve this problem myself, if I'm not successful, I'll ask for help.

EDIT: Strange. The very first post in this thread states that my version of this mod, 0.42, is compatible with 0.33. Is it the patch that is messing everything up? I got FfH patch "e", while the first post says "0.33d". So what's going wrong?!

The title in the first post is

Fall Further Version 042 for Fall from Heaven 2 033c

so you will need to use FFH2 033 with patch 'C'. I'm not sure whether or not FF will work with any other patch (from your experience, it seems not).

[EDIT] Incidentally, does anyone know where you can get patch C? It seems that Kael already deleted it when he updated FFH2 with later patches. [/EDIT]

Top Bottom