Fall Further - The Original Thread

Should be able to pass it - I'll check on it. (remember that you select the receiving unit and "take" equipment rather than giving it with the unit that has the equipment?)

With the latest patch (E) my warrior found a ring of perception, and my scout cannot take it from him. Is there a quick fix I can make in the XML? This is annoying ;) In my previous game, when my unit died, the equipment was dropped, so that is one way to pass it.

Just a question (excuse me, if it's stupid); aren't you going to include Broader Alignment into FF one day?..

The title in the first post is

Fall Further Version 042 for Fall from Heaven 2 033c

so you will need to use FFH2 033 with patch 'C'. I'm not sure whether or not FF will work with any other patch (from your experience, it seems not).

[EDIT] Incidentally, does anyone know where you can get patch C? It seems that Kael already deleted it when he updated FFH2 with later patches. [/EDIT]

Ugh, I have patch E already... so I'll have to uninstall whole FfH, install the C patch and then I'll be able to run Fall Further?! Aaaargh! :mad:

As more and more people are finding out about FF (and FFH for that matter) we are getting more posts about version incompatibilities. For future updates, it might not be a bad idea to retain (and link) a copy of the FFH version and patch that the current instance of FF is based on, in the first post.

is it possible to mod in chosing one promo removing the option of picking a different one later?

I want to test buffing the drill line but having it remove the option of selecting any combat promotions and vice versa, selecting combat promotion removes the option of selecting any drill promos.
May I step in here and suggest you make Combat II block drill rather than Combat I - otherwise anyone with agressive will have drill blocked for most of their units. IIRC you can get Drill I from somewhere free too, so the reverse might also apply.

With the latest patch (E) my warrior found a ring of perception, and my scout cannot take it from him. Is there a quick fix I can make in the XML? This is annoying ;) In my previous game, when my unit died, the equipment was dropped, so that is one way to pass it.

I found the problem, and fixed it for myself (after comparing with ORTHUSS_AXE)

In SPELL_TAKE_RING_OF_PERCEPTION_PROMOTION Change:

<PyResult>spellTakeEquipmentPromotion(pCaster,'PROMOTION_RING_OF_PERCEPTION')</PyResult>
<PyRequirement>reqTakeEquipmentPromotion(pCaster,'PROMOTION_RING_OF_PERCEPTION')</PyRequirement>

To

<PyResult>spellTakeEquipmentPromotion(pCaster,'EQUIPMENT_RING_OF_PERCEPTION')</PyResult>
<PyRequirement>reqTakeEquipmentPromotion(pCaster,'EQUIPMENT_RING_OF_PERCEPTION')</PyRequiremnt>

Need to change for all Marnok's equipment. You need to take equipment, not promotions.

I found the problem, and fixed it for myself (after comparing with ORTHUSS_AXE)

In SPELL_TAKE_RING_OF_PERCEPTION_PROMOTION Change:

<PyResult>spellTakeEquipmentPromotion(pCaster,'PROMOTION_RING_OF_PERCEPTION')</PyResult>
<PyRequirement>reqTakeEquipmentPromotion(pCaster,'PROMOTION_RING_OF_PERCEPTION')</PyRequirement>

To

<PyResult>spellTakeEquipmentPromotion(pCaster,'EQUIPMENT_RING_OF_PERCEPTION')</PyResult>
<PyRequirement>reqTakeEquipmentPromotion(pCaster,'EQUIPMENT_RING_OF_PERCEPTION')</PyRequiremnt>

Need to change for all Marnok's equipment. You need to take equipment, not promotions.

Thanks - was going to hunt this one down tomorrow so that's saved me a job. Worst of it is that I actually made that equipment for Marnok when he was first developing the lairs code - so I really should have spotted that.

Multiple mana-nodes are acting screwy. I like to built up multiple nodes, so I can upgrade all my adepts to mages and instantly have them all with Stoneskin and Maelstrom.

But in this game, my air mana count keeps disappearing. I should have 3; 1 from palace, and 2 from mana nodes. I noticed a few turns before this save that I only had 2, so I tried pillaging one of the nodes and rebuilding it, and then I went down to 1. I just tried it with the other node, and now it displays zero air mana (though mouseover says one).

Never noticed this before the current patches.

Attachments

• Elves.CivBeyondSwordSave
    425.4 KB · Views: 45
Ooops...
I don't recall ever agreeing to that though!

Must have somehow clicked through by accident :)

Thanks for the catch.

Summon Treant is still bugged though - there's a python error message every time a unit with the summon treant spell is activated.

File "CvSpellInterface", line 21 in canCast
File "String", line 0 in ?
NameError: name 'reqSummonTreant' is not defined.

put this in cvspellinterface file, right after spellsteal section

Code:
def reqSummonTreant(caster):
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	if (pPlot.getFeatureType() != gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST') and pPlot.getFeatureType() != gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST_ANCIENT')):
		return False
	return True

that should do it

Just played my first FF Elohim game (or started it, at least). A few things to note:

1) Early exploration was very very difficult. I had trouble making enough free, non-barbarian space to build my third city, due to the pacifist promotion.
2) I was invunerable. My second city was placed next to Odio's Prison, and I could enter it as many times as I like for a free Sanctuary world spell.
3) I did not want to destroy the new well place (no AC at that time), so maybe an extra option on these sort of world features allowing you to leave it for now. Maybe the sanctification should require a monk?
4) An option with all unique features would be a nice addition, I think, even if it does overpower the Elohim a bit. If that goes in, maybe the pilgrimage should be with a monk instead of any unit.
5) Pacifism hurts your scouts badly. Maybe it shouldn't apply to recon?

EDIT: Maybe pacifism should decrease a unit's strength when in enemy territory only, or it should give a '- City attack %'...

EDIT: Maybe pacifism should decrease a unit's strength when in enemy territory only, or it should give a '- City attack %'...

+1

It's a killer having -1 att early game out in the wild. Your suggestions make more sense.

Summon Treant is still bugged though - there's a python error message every time a unit with the summon treant spell is activated.

File "CvSpellInterface", line 21 in canCast
File "String", line 0 in ?
NameError: name 'reqSummonTreant' is not defined.

It's fixed in the next patch, but that is unreleased as of yet.

2) I was invunerable. My second city was placed next to Odio's Prison, and I could enter it as many times as I like for a free Sanctuary world spell.

Did you ever actually reset your worldspell using it? You should be allowed to enter it as often as you like, until the time that you actually use the effect to reset your worldspell. After that, you should no longer get the event when entering (making it a single use event)

==

Regarding Pacifism and exploration - the Elohim should pretty much be exploring rather than attacking creatures in the wild. They're still full strength on defense, so they're not more vulnerable to being attacked by animals/barbarians, just not as good at hunting and destroying them. Removing that effect inside your own borders was necessary to allow a pro-active defense of your improvements and cities against barbarian hordes, but there should be very little to defend in the wild.

For settling purposes, a settler with a couple of defenders should be sufficient to reach the settling location without needing to attack barbarians en-route (if they attack you, the warriors defending the stack will be defending at full strength and pacifism won't make a difference).

At the end of the day, Pacifism needs to remain a significant downside as some of the other features of the civ are quite powerful (such as being able to get 5 traits in a particularly lucky game, or easy reuse of the worldspell etc). It will require a change of playstyle during the exploration phase - if you really need to eliminate a certain enemy unit, jump onto an adjacent forest-hill and let it attack you. If a barbarian city settles close to you, you might not be able to destroy it straight away - but you can be fairly sure to put cultural pressure on them - especially as Ethne - so you'll probably win the city over without warfare eventually.

Hi Vehem, will you likely be updating FF to FFH2 patch e - or will you wait until Kael signals that he is done patching FFH2, or just stick with patch c?

Like Niley, I've made the mistake of patching to FFH2e before going downloading Fall Further...which is a bit of a bummer 'cos I quite like the look of what you've done with the Elohim and Tolerant!

Regarding Wyrmhero's comment about the Elohim getting benefits from more/all unique features, perhaps a Monk unit could get XP and a specific promotion relating to the Unique Features it has visited (on the lines of the mutated promotion)? The benefit would then perhaps be that when in an Elohim city, it would provide a culture and/or beaker boost on the lines of the Inspiration spell.

If somehow the promotions could have a cumulative effect so that perhaps visiting one Feature would have a marginal effect and a real bonus wouldn't be seen until a Monk had the promotion for multiple features.

Perhaps also the first monk to visit 10 World Features should get a rucksack, a digital camera, and gets to publish the Rough Guide to Erebus...

Hi Vehem, will you likely be updating FF to FFH2 patch e - or will you wait until Kael signals that he is done patching FFH2, or just stick with patch c?

Like Niley, I've made the mistake of patching to FFH2e before going downloading Fall Further...which is a bit of a bummer 'cos I quite like the look of what you've done with the Elohim and Tolerant!

I've been tracking the changes as they were made for Patches D and E - I'll release the Patch E version now (will take a few minutes to bundle all the files and upload).

Patch F - Download
1. Updated to FfH 033 Patch e
2. Fixed Summon Treant
3. Fixed Unyielding Order
4. Fixed Equipment passing for FF Magic Items (thanks Elm)
5. Reworked MainInterface to track current HUD and Religion settings (reduces overhead slightly - not sure if it will have an impact on the speed - feedback welcomed)

Real dumb question Vehem...

What is the best way to continually update FF when FfH has changes as well.

Right now I simply rename FF or delete the old version entirely and then rerun the main installer. After that I add the latest patch. Is that the best way or can you put a FfH patch on top of FF and then the FF patch on after that?

Sorry if this is confusing or moronic.

Top Bottom