Fall Further - The Original Thread

Looks like this thread has slowed way down. While awaiting the updated version, here are a few suggestions.

Although not everyone will agree with this, but it would be nice to have a unit that could be attached to cannons, and that would increase their move +1 space on open plains or on roads -- such as a team of horses to pull cannons and their caissons. The assumption is that cannons are presently oxen-drawn. While they are being pulled by horse, the cannons can only defend and with a -50% penalty. Despite the latter, I think this would be useful since cannons cannot be Hasted magically. I hate having a fast moving army, and leaving the cannons behind. :)

Another idea would be to add an enchantment spell that would affect cannons specifically, just like archery units -- either a fear effect (the roar of the cannon), a bonus to collateral damage, destroying individual buildings (like in Dale's Combat Mod), or a barrage bombardment which would make the target space impassable temporarily.

What about baggage trains? The idea here would be to give a small attack bonus to units in enemy territory if they are in the same space as their baggage train, or adjacent. It would also negate the maintenance cost of these units being in enemy territory. If captured, the baggage train would be worth a certain amount of gold to the enemy. It should cost gold to construct a baggage train (perhaps the sacrifice of worker units too), and it is lost when returning to friendly territory. There ought to be a limit on how many baggage trains can be built, perhaps one per Civ at any time, or one per unit with the commander promotion.

Looks like this thread has slowed way down.

Have you noticed that the thread is now in a "Fall Further" forum? I'm guessing that you might have subscribed to this thread and are just clicking through to it directly as a couple of the points you've raised are discussed in other threads in this forum (mobile siege etc) and I haven't noticed you posting in any of the other threads.

That might also explain why the original thread seems slow :)

Have you noticed that the thread is now in a "Fall Further" forum? I'm guessing that you might have subscribed to this thread and are just clicking through to it directly as a couple of the points you've raised are discussed in other threads in this forum (mobile siege etc) and I haven't noticed you posting in any of the other threads.

That might also explain why the original thread seems slow :)

That's correct (I'm a lazy bum, I guess) :)

Okay... I'll go look for the right thread now... :rolleyes:

The next Fall Further will be released likely in the downloads and changelogs thread. And will be released after Duke Nukem Forever, and the next version of Song of the Moon. *cackles and runs*

Since this is sort of the catch all topic and there is no bug thread yet for 0.43, I'll just put it here:

Firstly, game crashes when generating a map, any map.

Secondly, Brigit looks as if she's been visited by mafia goons who procceded to dislocate her arm for not paying off some debts......... or something.

I can't get maps to load as well.
Did I forget a Civ patch again, or is it something else?
Help, I wanna play it too

Secondly, Brigit looks as if she's been visited by mafia goons who procceded to dislocate her arm for not paying off some debts......... or something.

You trying to muscle into my spasticked armed ho trade? You want a war you got it buddy!

It would seem that a communist infiltrator posing as Vehem has leeked this mod-mod to the general public in the modpacks forum. Tsk, tsk, we really need tighter security 'round here. :mischief:

It would seem that a communist infiltrator posing as Vehem has leeked this mod-mod to the general public in the modpacks forum. Tsk, tsk, we really need tighter security 'round here. :mischief:

If we had decent security round here, Vehem wouldn't have got in in the first place.

I just installed Fall from Heaven a couple hours ago and since I don't got much Civ under my belt it looks like I'm going to have to quit another job.
Can I install Fall Further over .34g? If not, how long will I have to wait?
Sorry I'm new and would rather not look at 148 pgs of posts.
BTW the few games of Civ I played were cool but (to me) this is what Civ should've been doin!

I just installed Fall from Heaven a couple hours ago and since I don't got much Civ under my belt it looks like I'm going to have to quit another job.
Can I install Fall Further over .34g? If not, how long will I have to wait?
Sorry I'm new and would rather not look at 148 pgs of posts.
BTW the few games of Civ I played were cool but (to me) this is what Civ should've been doin!

FF actually has it's own installer, and will install everything you need in a folder of it's own, no need to overwrite your FfH install. Just make sure you have the current version, and then install first the base FF and then the current patch, and it should be good to go.

What he said :)

The Fall Further installer will copy your Fall from Heaven 034 directory to a new directory (Fall Further 043) and then install our content over it. Our most recent version is based on Fall from Heaven 034 Patch H however, so make sure you have that installed first, then run the Fall Further 043 installer, then the Fall Further 043 Patch D (especially if you're using Vista, there were problems in versions before Patch D).

Top Bottom