1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout mod.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by MarineCorps, Apr 10, 2004.

1. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Any idea as to the next time you'll be on?

2. flamescreen

flamescreen Ancient Mariner

The Citizen unit is basically finished, I just had some problems with the palette and it came out as Civ colored, I'm discussing this with an expert and hopefully will come out with something, but wanted to ask you Thor, what are you thinking on Worker actions?

I haven't started it yet, but will standard modern worker jobs do? More referring to specials, like building outposts and such(the bricks anims etc), or you're after something more Fallouty(?), cause I don't know my abilities on that and I want to be flexible.

Have a nice week and solve your troubles the easy way.

Oh, forgot to mention, I rendered in 140 x 140(Closely following tutorials).
    I'll check it out with some FO units I discovered I have(so the death flic is not needed after all), also, it's not bloody death yet, if I can do that I'll redo it, but I noticed the Deathclaw isn't bloody, so that might be acceptable.

3. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

@Flame, i had not really thought about what the worker actions should look like. So if you have any ideas, feel free to run with them. :)
    The problem with units from the rpg's is that they only have 6 directions. That was why I had to use the FO:T units.
    140 x 140 should not be a problem. As my sizes were picked with reduction in mind. As i can't animate, i had to reduce the FO:T units to civ scale. :D

@MC, i am on my bro's laptop in Iowa, so i can't recieve or send items. I will let you all know when i get back to Minnesota.

:nuke: Cheers Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

4. flamescreen

Yeah, I got that. I'll see, I think the PB one was a bit large compared, I might increase size( I learn myself from the process), but currently, it's as big as the ancient settler to which I compared in game.

Fo is tricky, since you have tech combined with abscence of it and one has to transfer this to game, if possible. Personally , I love FoT units(except the Pa, which'll not be in my mod for sure. Hm, and the ghouls, but I doubt I'll do them). FO's untis are also dated and would not look that good in civ, imo.

Since I can animate, I'll adjust to your units if possible, not vice versa.

5. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

AH, ok. I thought you were back home. :lol: No problem, I can wait.

6. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Gents, i am back.

@Reddog, any progress on those cities?

Flame, sounds good, as i can't adjust to yours, as that would take something i don't have, talent. :D

7. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

And good timing to. My State just got dumped with a fresh load of new snow. :( So I have no school today. :)

8. Crash757

Crash757 King

No school because of snow ? :dubious: Was that snow so thick, that u couldn't open door in morning or what ? :D

Btw, i haven't seen any screens of your mod for some weeks... Hope that mod development hasn't slowed down a lot... :rolleyes:

9. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Theres about two feet of snow outside right now.

10. flamescreen

Hey, I'll be completing the unit before the weekend, sounds and all(due to lack of time). God willing you'll have it by 6th. The 140 version for comparisons and such. I've rendered in 160, but I want to fix the mistakes that caused the civ colored version first.

However I'm quite happy the way the unit turned out, so... :)
    Btw, I forgot to attach textures on all animations, so the geck doesn't look too good on some, maybe I'll revise it, but no promises.

11. flamescreen

Ok, the - Full - unit is posted, so tell me in my board what do you think of it. The big jpg is in case you want to display it on the other(rpg) boards. I've been testing it in game all wek and it looks fine, but when you transfer something from floppies, files can get corrupt.

12. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Only if the floppy is corrupt!;)

13. flamescreen

Well, MC, that's probably a joke, but my grasp of the language sucks, especially when coming to jokes, so I'll have to ruin it for you, by saying "I didn't got it". :confused: (Hm, unless this is one of those IC related jokes, so it's reaching, a bit).

Point is, the floppies are ok when I leave home, but the drives in Net Cafe's are bit screwed up. Is Thor missing in action again? I got no replies and I have to delete the files from their point of origin, to keep safe.

14. HermanCherusker

HermanCherusker Chieftain

Probably beating this to death but I don't like leaving it half done.

To Summarize:

Strategic Resource - The Feral Caves

Savage Empathy tech - Allows scouting/explorer type beast lord units. Leads Savage Mastery tech.

Savage Mastery tech - Allows military beast lord units. Permits construction of the Draconian Dens Wonder. :evil:

Draconian Dens Wonder - produces extra culture & Death Claw/beast lord units. About 1 every 4 turns I estimate. It is the only way to get Death Claw/Beast Lord units. I see them as having movement bonuses (treat all terrain as roads) & perhaps stealth attack(attack any unit in a stack). Powerful attack & Moderate Defense.

Thorgrimm,

Could you please give a little feedback on this. I'd like to know if I'm hitting the mark as to what you want.
    :coffee:

Thanks,

Herman der Cherusker
    (Scourge of Rome)

15. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Not a joke. if you can't get files off a floppy the that means the floppy is corrupt. I had to deal with this a while ago.

I would guess yes. I haven't seen him at all recently.

16. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Gents, I apologise for my absence, but it seems I picked up a case of bronchial pneumonia while I was in Iowa. I just got out of the hospital last night. So I felt I owed it to you to explain where I have been.

@Flame, as soon as a regain any strength i will add the Vault Settler and get back to you. Oh MC's humor is hard for Yanks to figure out, so don't worry about it. :D

@Herman, I like where you are going, but you need to come up with a Sci Fi name, not a fantasy name for your wonder. ;) Also, if you would like to work on the beastlord tech tree for their units, buildings, and wonders that would be outstanding! :goodjob:

17. Miloch

Miloch Chieftain

Just wanted to say thanks, the mod is looking good. I read from page 1 to 16 in one sitting but haven't had the time to read more. If you wouldn't mind I'd really appreciate a post listing your progress on all fronts. Like units graphics 55% done or something to that effect. If you have the time that'd be great. Thanks and keep up the good work.

18. HermanCherusker

A common misconception to view draconian with dragon. I was also referring to the extended definition of draconian - harsh and cruel.

But perhaps something like the Alpha Dens might be a more appropriate name for this wonder. The intended purpose of the Alpha Dens is to wean out the weak from the tribe and train those Alphas who are strong enough to become packmasters for both Animals and Humans(barely). And, also cultivate an Alpha's bond with nature. For only the strongest, most driven, and naturally empathic can command Deathclaws.

Now to think of additions to a tech tree.

Well, I'll try... :wallbash:

Thorgrimmm,
    Any idea about how large it should be? :hmm:

Herman der Cherusker
    (Scourge of Rome)

19. HermanCherusker

They do not use motorized vehicles. I would also suggest the wonders which produce vehicles would also be unavailable.

The closest they can come to this are chariots and carts drawn by such creatures as molerats, geckos, or brahmin. :whipped:

They do not fear technology per say but have a strong aversion to driving anything powered by mechanical/artificial means. :vomit:

Would this work out Thor? :dubious:

Herman der Cherusker
    (Scourge of Rome)

20. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Herman, Alpha Den is fine. The reason i did not like Draconian is it's attachment to the Dragonlance saga. :D

The Beasties will remain foot bound. As I am going to make all their units have the road bonus. Herman that will work just fine. For the tech tree for them, just start in the first age and design techs that will link the units, buildings and wonders to the 4 ages. Then i will integrate it into the base tech tree and make any changes if needed. :)
    A good start for the Beasties is the Genetics Tech, then everything can come from that.