1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout mod.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by MarineCorps, Apr 10, 2004.

1. HermanCherusker

HermanCherusker Chieftain

A little rationalization on why the machine empire might suffer from unrest. It has basically to do with imperfections in AI and their inability to cope with the unpredictable fallout world. Programming conflicts occur and 2 robots might come into a conflict of purpose. (I.e. One gets programmed to build and the other to clean, the later sees what the former is doing as something to clean up.) Granted this is a simplistic and unlikely event but I trust I get the point across.

Futhermore, I believe there could be an improvement (AI Nexus) and Wonder(Master Integration Center) that could prevent all unrest. :scan:

Don't know if this is possible in the programming of CIV 3 but I thought I might suggest it.

Herman der Cherusker
    (Scourge of Rome)

2. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Herman, the closest we can come to no unrest is to give the wonders a high happy face ability. Make it high enough and that should take care of unrest.

:nuke: Cheers Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

3. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Hey Thor, I got some clarity questions about that little job you gave me, but your not on MSN right now...

4. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Well, I have no school tommorow so hopefully you'll be on as I'm off for the night, :)

5. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Reddog, any progress on those cities? Or did you bail on me to? :sad:

6. Reddog

Reddog Senior Scribe

Sorry thor, I have been away for a while to take care of personal buisness. But I will never bail out (only take long periods of time to make progress), I want to see this through. Anyway, I'll get back into it soon and I am hoping to get the cities completlely finished.

7. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Reddog, thanks as somone else has bailed on me for some silly excuse, I just did not want you to bail also.

Cheers Senior Elder Thorgrimm

8. flamescreen

flamescreen Ancient Mariner

As you already know Thor, that is if you read at all what I said, I haven't.
    I said i don't know what i'll be able to do. I did say I don't want to be part of the team any longer, for my personal reasons, and in my mind, they're not silly at all. Furthermore, they're for the best of the mod in my mind.

Nothing gains a meaning just cause a single person names it thus. Else, we'd have different language versions for every single person. I don't think I have to explain how I feel in full, in any given situation. Additionally, what is said in PM, is to stay there, I'd believe.

There is nothing worst to do than releasing partial info, as you best see fit, to serve your purposes.

I could take huge leaps of time off, but that wouldn't be straight forward(And I don't know right now what I'd create, when). Unlike Reddog's, work on my area, is crucial and has to be done on huge amounts. You'd prefer I'd leave you hanging? I said most of the units i've said I'll give, will be done(except one that I didn't get feedback for anyway, but never promised it and said only the settler is for sure) and it's 50-50 for making more buildings.

Don't know you about you man, but for me, RL is far more important.
    Can you understand that, or do you understand only what's best for your interests? I'm not some kind of child that bails out for no reason, so don't treat me like one.(And this had to be discussed in private in the first place, as it was and the purpose of Pming).

9. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Gents, Feel The Rads has finished the Corvega! :goodjob: Now he is working on the Highwayman, if there is any unit makers out there who would like to turn these outstanding models into units, you will have my undying gratitude. :D

10. FeelTheRads

FeelTheRads Chieftain

I made the Highwayman too and sent it to you. You haven't received it?

11. HermanCherusker

Is it possible to restrict what a city improvement does?

(i.e. Barracks only make veterans not heal units automatically?)

Herman der Cherusker
    (Scourge of Rome) :mischief:

12. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

@ Feel the Rads, I apologise, as yes i did recieve it. I just did not check my email often enough. :blush: Sorry about that.

@ Herman, no if you tick a building with making vet units, it auto heals units. That is hardcoded IIRC.

13. HermanCherusker

I'm trying to think how the Clinics and Community Health Brigade could apply to the game...

One thought might be that the improved health would allow larger communities.

Death by disease could be a big problem in early post apocalyptic societies especially with everyone fighting over medical supplies. :nuke:

Lastly, these tangents of mine doesn't mean I'm not working on the beastlords.

Just gotta entertain a diversity of ideas. :mischief:

Herman der Cherusker
    (Scourge of Rome)

14. MarcusSaurono

MarcusSaurono Warlord

Why not change the plague from teh black death to some kind of mutated basteria. Make the common cold really leathal... The community health brigade could eliminate this, and the clinics could serve in place of the aquaduct.

15. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

@MarcusSaurono, that is a good idea. As i wanted the wastelands to cause disease, from the radiation and other nasty things in the wastes. So an explosion of disease every now and then would be a good idea to show how deadly the wastes are. :)

16. Nailo

Nailo Warlord

This fallout mod sound really cool and from the pictures I have seen it looks cool.
    I have only read a few of the pages of this and being it my first time posting on this thread I would like to know the eta of this fallout mod and how big it will most likly be (I have a feeling telling me it is bigggggggg).

17. HermanCherusker

I like the idea as well, Marcus. Though for a Great Wonder, Community Health Brigade should probably also put a clinic in every city.

Herman der Cherusker
    (Scourge of Rome)

18. MarcusSaurono

MarcusSaurono Warlord

Te community health brigade should require clinics and give another smaller upgrade to all cities. The smaller upgrade could be something like Local Doc. Which could be reuired for the clinic. The Local Doc could also decrease pollution caused by population.

19. HermanCherusker

MarcusSaurono, I'm not familiar with all the little game mechanics, therefore I only give general ideas based upon my knowlege of the game.

The basic priniciple is you have postapocalype herbs, medicines, and antitoxins. (Like the Rad-scorpion antivenom developed in fallout 1) or (Healing powder & Stimpack that can be manufactured by medical, shaman, or sadistic drug chemists(myron)) :mischief: These medicines would be extremely valuable and a source of power. Therefore, one civilization might develop the Community Health Brigade, a military style HMO, to manage these medicines and make sure these resources is not squandered.

Now, how this would express itself in the game - I'm not sure as I am not completely versed in all the mechanics of the Civ3 system.

Clinics are the basic medical care facility and can limited the spread of some of the nasty diseases out there. A city with a clinic could probably prevent the disease from spreading and perhaps shorten the duration of a plague in that city. Even if all they do is quarantine the infected and burn the bodies.
    "We did our best but we had to put down the patient" or "Well, wadda ya know the mutant fungus and brahmin sweat actually worked". :eek:

Herman der Cherusker
    (Scourge of Rome)

20. MarcusSaurono

MarcusSaurono Warlord

Herman, I like your basic ideas. I'm just making suggestions on how they might be improved. If my suggestions are taken, great. If not, I don't care. I just want to do what I can to make the mod great. The idea I came up with, and something I'm getting ready to test, was this.

If disease is caused by terrain and pollution causes one terrain to act like another, does this include causing disease? If so, pollution could be a continuing problem beyond just limiting food, production and commerce. So, reducing pollution of all kinds iis very important. So, make a smaller advance that allows for decreased pollution and a larger one that allows cities to grow (and maybe decreases pollution more). Put the Community Health Brigade in the middle as a major wonder. The Health Brigade can then require the first improvement and lay the ground work for the second. Now what to call them... Local Docs: they provide the chems needed to survive but don't regulate things all that well. Get enough of them and suddenly people start thinking it might be wise to regulate things: Community Health Brigade. The Health Brigade also makes sure that every city has a Doc and the supplies are use wisely. This allows for the developement of Clinics which can support larger populations. Also, given the way things seemed to develope from town to town in FO1 and FO2, it seemed appropriate for the game.