Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

Thorgrimm

Senior Elder
Well folks the time has come to post the beta. It is not finished, but it is stable and playable. If you all wish to see it completed, then by all means play the mod, take notes and give feedback!:lol:

There are two downloads, the main mod file and the music. I have replaced all of civ's music and ambient sounds with Fallout's music and my special made tin rattling in the wind wav.

If you do not wish to use the music just delete or rename the music.txt file in the main scen text folder.

When you install the mod just unzip it to your C drive. If you have not used the default location for civ, redirect as necessary.

Below are a couple of screenshots from the latest version. Once again it is not finished, but just a good beta.

EDIT:
Here is the new update. :)

It Includes the following;
1. Flamand's new city screen, new civilopedia, small heads and sundry other gfx tweaks by the gfx guru.
2. Maintenance cost tweaks
3. Took away the raider scout from the non raider civs
4. Added the units Eyebot, Mr. Handy, and the highwayman. Included the Brainbot unit, but not implemented yet.
5. Redid large portions of the map implementing the Wastelands terrain
6. Took away the regular workers ability to work the Wastelands terrain. Added worker jobs to the Enviro Armor Mg so they can work and remove the Wastelands terrian when the proper tech is researched.
6. Upped the starting money for the civs.
7. Settlers now only cost 3 pop to build. Vault Citizens now only cost 2 pop to build.
8. Storm Grunt's Fallout Tech icons are in
9. Many other tweaks to buildings and units, mainly in maintenance and costs.

Interface
1659888340741.png

City Screen
1659888317516.png

Civilopedia
1659888364531.png

Moderator Action: Mirror download added - Blake00
Here is the location for the mod.

Fallout Mod Download

CFC Mirror Download

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Last edited by a moderator:
FIRST POST - FINALLY.

Downloading now. :D

OMG, this looks so cool!!!
Downloading right now!!!!

It looks like i can't download the music and play the game at the same time. It crashed from Low Memory.

Anyway here is the first report:

1. The first part of the Civilopedia of the civs are not made. (the "they start with" part)
2. What does Rediscovery of Trade do ? It doesn't say in the civilopedia.
3. Rebirth age has the Civ3 background not the Fallout one like all other ages.

That's all i could gather up in the 2-3 minutes it took the game to crash.

Expect a lot more feedback. :D

It looks like i can't download the music and play the game at the same time. It crashed from Low Memory.

Anyway here is the report so far:

1. The first part of the Civilopedia of the civs are not made. (the "they start with" part)
2. What does Rediscovery of Trade do ? It doesn't say in the civilopedia.
3. Rebirth age has the Civ3 background not the Fallout one like all other ages.

That's all i could gather up in the 2-3 minutes it took the game to crash.

Expect a lot more feedback. :D

@Heretic,

1. Yup, did I mention this was a beta and not finished? ;) The civilopedia needs LOTS of work.

2. Here is what it does;
In the city where built it increases the number of trade arrows by one.
+50% luxury output
+50% tax output
Increases Luxury trade

globally it does this
Treasury earns 5%

3. Let me check I may have put something in the wrong place.

Keep up the good work and keep the feedback coming.:D

:nuke: Cheers, Senior Edler Thorgrimm :nuke:

Heretic, I just checked and all the era splahses are what they are supposed to be.

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

1. Yup, did I mention this was a beta and not finished? ;) The civilopedia needs LOTS of work.
I know, but i'm just pointing out which parts are missing so that it will be easier when you get to fixing it. :D
Heretic, I just checked and all the era splahses are what they are supposed to be.
Not the era splashes; the background of the 3rd era tech tree is white(ish).

Now let me go play. :p

weird, it completes the download at 51% and then offcourse it is not possible to unzip it.. anyone else having that problem?
same problem with sound part

weird, it completes the download at 51% and then offcourse it is not possible to unzip it.. anyone else having that problem?
same problem with sound part

Ancient One, they are humongous DLs. Are you using Dial up or DSL? its possible your modem is timing out from the huge DL.

@Heretic, I know bud just razzin ya. ;)
Ok on the tech tree. Will check it out.

Second Report

1. The Music archive doesn't unzip in the right place.
It should be .../Conquests/Scenarios/Fallout/sound/...
instead it's .../Conquests/sound/...

It's not a big problem, but you should mention it near the download thingy.

2. Whenever i right click on the Improvement box on the left in the city view screen. The game crashes without issuing an error.
Did anyone have this problem ?

3. Palace ?

4. Radscorpions atack animations are a bit to fast IMHO. Maybe they could be slowed down a little. I know scorpions strike fast, but wouldn't it look a bit better if the atacks would be a loop between these 2: a fast one, a slower one.
IMHO

5. There are window leftovers from the Oil Tanker.

6. The civilopedia large icon of the Dog Kennel has pink goo in it. :D

7. What does the Tanner do ?

8. I started playing with the Enclave. And people are just so darn happy. :mad: Or maybe i'm just used to them beying constantly rioting like they do in my mod.

Second Report

1. The Music archive doesn't unzip in the right place.
It should be .../Conquests/Scenarios/Fallout/sound/...
instead it's .../Conquests/sound/...

It's not a big problem, but you should mention it near the download thingy.

2. Whenever i right click on the Improvement box on the left in the city view screen. The game crashes without issuing an error.
Did anyone have this problem ?

3. Palace ?

4. Radscorpions atack animations are a bit to fast IMHO. Maybe they could be slowed down a little. I know scorpions strike fast, but wouldn't it look a bit better if the atacks would be a loop between these 2: a fast one, a slower one.
IMHO

5. There are window leftovers from the Oil Tanker.

6. The civilopedia large icon of the Dog Kennel has pink goo in it. :D

7. What does the Tanner do ?

8. I started playing with the Enclave. And people are just so darn happy. :mad: Or maybe i'm just used to them beying constantly rioting like they do in my mod.

Heretic,

1. I use it all the time instead of the nasty music civ has. But otherwise you are correct.:D

2. I have been asking for help with that error for almost two years now. Nobody knows why it occurs.

3. yup I know.

4. Address that one to the gfx guru Flamand. :D

5. See 4.

6. See 5.

7. Eventually it will be required to build leather armored units. Right now it only adds 25% to the shields.

8. Then play on a harder setting than the default difficulty. Trust me if you do, you will be begging for that happiness again. ;)

Thanks for releasing, this looks awesome! Downloading now...

@NavyDawg, if you like it maybe I could talk you into doing some units for me. ;) I have the models but can't make units. These are the organic units Flamand could not make.

Hey, I'm sure you guys did an awesome job with it.
Hope the fans will tremendously enjoy this one. :)

Flame, you are responsible for a lot of the good stuff in this mod to. So you take your bow and recieve the accolades you deserve.:D

8. Then play on a harder setting than the default difficulty. Trust me if you do, you will be begging for that happiness again. ;)
Heh, in my mod, they are always miserable. (as they should be :whipped:)

I chose an easy difficulty level because i am sure i will not be able to finish any game. I got to the 2nd era and end turns already take 1 minute each. :(

Flame, you are responsible for a lot of the good stuff in this mod to. So you take your bow and recieve the accolades you deserve.:D

Ah, so you kept it?
It wasn't that good anyway. For the graphics part, I wish I was as skillful Kinboat and Aaglo(something tells me we will not be seeing anymore of Aaglo either) were or Flamand is.

Sorry for not being able to help more. I'm working tomorrow even. What a hectic year that was. Anyway, you guys have a wonderful 2007 and keep bringing your collaborated efforts to the community! :)

Ah, so you kept it?
It wasn't that good anyway. For the graphics part, I wish I was as skillful Kinboat and Aaglo(something tells me we will not be seeing anymore of Aaglo either) were or Flamand is.

Sorry for not being able to help more. I'm working tomorrow even. What a hectic year that was. Anyway, you guys have a wonderful 2007 and keep bringing your collaborated efforts to the community! :)

@ Flamescreen, I loved the vault settler and vault shotgunner! No way I would get rid of those. :D

Well don't be a stranger, drop by from time to time. If nothing else say hi.:D

@Heretic, any overall comments on the mod yet?

Top Bottom