• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FAQ's on Installation & Patches

I have downloaded 3.17 from above site. Unzipped it and ran it, notting happens. Must the file be in the game directory to work

No install wizard, pop up notting. I have installed the 3.13 so I know how it worked. None of this appered.

No error message, the hourglass pops up for 20 to 30 sec then nada. No anti virus warning, my anti virus program is avast. All else is fine, I also have redownload update and ran it, nada. Will updateing from game will work, I do not like to try this because 3.13 did not work, lock up on me.

is this windows vista or xp?
in either case when you start the .exe - even if nothing happens some kind of message should be logged into the event manager. Is there anything in there?
try saving it to a location you know, e.g.
c:\patch\patch.exe
then click on start and then on run and type
c:\patch\patch.exe

this is weird...
try this link for a fresh download (near the bottom of the page):
http://www.firaxis.com/games/downloads.php

That it :goodjob: must be a glitz in the download here. Fraxis site was the answer.

Thank a lot:)

had to uninstall both civ 4 and Bts. Reinstall civ 4 to 1.74 and runs great
but install for BTS keeps looking for patches and fail. No fire walls. and when i down load patches they will not run because no BTS is found. Is their a way to install with out it looking for the patch and then install patches my self. any help would great..

Ok so I haven't played for a while, and looking at upgrading from 3.13 to 3.17 with Solver's unofficial patch.

Questions are:
-how do I know if I had Bhruic's installed? (can't remember)
-if I do, will it affect the 3.17 upgrades? (official and unofficial)
-and if it does, how can I undo Bhruic's?
-and what build etc will Civ BtS say it is once I have 3.17 off and unoffic installed?

Thanks in advance guys, been a while since I got into it.

welcome to cfc :)

you could look at the change date of the cvcoregamedll.dll and see if that is newer than the 3.13 patch. However: it does not matter. Bhruic's patch will not affect the 3.17 patch (in fact the 3.17 patch will overwrite it). After patching the game will tell you:
Version 317
Build 3.1.3.1

Welcome to the Forums remmtodd. :beer:

Welcome to the Forums JeebusGreen. :beer:

Have installed BtS ok, but in fullscreen mode the picture stretches waaaay past the right side of the screen. Haven't had this problem on Civ4 & Warlords.

I can go to the config file and put 0 for fullscreen mode and then I can stretch the window back into the frame of my moniter.... Only problem is that it is harder to navigate and the font is all blurry.

So is there anybody who knows where I need to change my settings; I have piddled around and haven't found it. I hope the solution is sooo "Duh-oh!!":twitch: simple.

Thanks in advance... and BtS mods and scenarios are so wooowie. I'm enjoying figuring out 'Age of Ice' & 'Final Frontier'. Good-one:thumbsup:

I have the cd ver . funny thing is game worked before i tried to patch it. i and movies quit working so unistalled bouth cv 4 and BTS.

Top Bottom