Far Horizons: Heart of Destiny

Ok, I've been playing this more recently great fun:goodjob:

One complain though: Turrets seem overpowered, a few turrets in my cities were able to destroy everything with their bombards. Easily obliterating AI attacks, and even softening up nearby cities. I think they need a sifbigint reduction in their bombardment abities.

Maybe drop it to 50 (it's 100 now) reduce range to one and ROF to one. Then the could still be good defensive bombard without being so incredibly powerfull?

Finally got a chance to try it, and I noticed these:

The Maccabees (the Israeli UU) link is broken. It leads to the "Pink Screen of Nothingness".

For the faction description of Nubia, there is nothing.

And when I tried starting a game as the Romans, this appeared:
Spoiler :

Perhaps it's an installation problem, do you extract the second big file (200+ MB) into the folder created from extracting the first file (500 MB)?

Hi, hey I am new here and have been reading the forum for a few days. I installed the mod but get an error up before I even start a game. Do have u the updated patch for the pedia icons?

Also on the game menu I still have the original conquest screen instead of the mod screen, is that normal?

Thanks

Finally got a chance to try it, and I noticed these:

The Maccabees (the Israeli UU) link is broken. It leads to the "Pink Screen of Nothingness".

For the faction description of Nubia, there is nothing.

And when I tried starting a game as the Romans, this appeared:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/46733/Error_when_trying_to_load.JPG

Perhaps it's an installation problem, do you extract the second big file (200+ MB) into the folder created from extracting the first file (500 MB)?

YES! :eek: :eek: actually extract all its contents into the big foldier and let it replace anything it wants to.

Morlich: Unless you post a screenshot or what you did when you installed the mod I can't help you.

Mor

Could u go through the installation process again. I know it's annoying how people keep asking, but it's just to make sure I have not done the mistakes.

How do you change the menu screen, cos I TRIED AND IT'S NOT CHANGED to the far horizons menu graphics. nice looking MOD when I get to play it more :goodjob:

Well you could, but you would have to overwrite the original menu screen in the main civ III installation. It's usually not worth it though - after all, you only see the menu screen for a couple of seconds before the game starts.

To get the menu screen to show:
1. Load the mod
2. Quit the mod (before you choose what world you're on)

At least that's what I did. I can't remember if I moved any files around beforehand or not, though...

Hey SoG!

Great MOD!!! I'm really enjoying it:goodjob:

One problem though. When i click on the screen for Naval warfare this comes up.

File not found

Art\civilopedia\icons\units\cipactlismall.pcx

HELP!!!:sad:

But Still a great MOD!

Strange... Navel warfare works on my front. I clicked on the pedia and on the tech screen icon

I finally made it to the Future Age and guess what:
all paradrop units, from Special forces on up, have a paradrop range of ZERO!
Could this be fixed in the next patch?

Hey SoG!

Great MOD!!! I'm really enjoying it:goodjob:

One problem though. When i click on the screen for Naval warfare this comes up.

File not found

Art\civilopedia\icons\units\cipactlismall.pcx

HELP!!!:sad:

But Still a great MOD!

Really embarrasing, it was not naval warfare, but naval tactics i had the problem with.:mischief: What can i do to fix it?

Re-downloaded, reinstalled, and I got this when I tried to enter diplomacy with another nation:

Spoiler :

I played around it a bit, but you can't really go through the game without diplomacy.

Top Bottom