favorite civilization

No votes for the Iroquois yet?

I'll second a vote for the Iroquois!

My current game is the first time I've played the Iroquois (random civ - otherwise, I had not considered playing them before). Three reasons:

1. Argiculture is probably the best civ trait in the game.

2. I think the Mounted Warrior is among the top 3 units of the ancient age - the Ancient Calvary & Gallic Swordsman being the others (yes, I did left out the Immortals, but I'm talking about my top 3 not my top 5 :D). Speed kills.

3. The Commercial trait is underrated by many players. I consider it the second best civ trait in the game. It allows for a higher OCN thus a bigger empire and lower corruption - meaning more shields and gold in almost every cities.

For example, in my current game, I have an island city/base named "Vice City" that "orbits" another continent a hemisphere away from my empire (game settings - huge map, 16 civs). Vice City is by far, the farthest city in my empire - but will be an important base of operations for my eventual invasion of this continent (I've been eyeing their luxuries... muhahaha :lol: ). As a 4-tile island, it doesn't have a lot of shield potential - and besides, I irrigated the land anyway - but if there were no corruption, it could generated 6 shields. But as a remote territory, 3 of the shields are lost to corruption...

Think about that for a minute: A 3-shield producing city far, far away from your empire! Note: Vice City does have a courthouse but no police station.

Industrious civs may get one extra shield in each city, but commercial civs may save 1-2 extra shields and gold from corruption in every city, and as a cherry on top, gets an extra gold in every city too. This trait doesn't get any discounted buildings, but it will allow you to build more of everything from the lower corruption.

My top three:
1)Ottomans
2)Mayans
3)Japan

Celts is the best since:
1. Agricultural (Very helpful for territory expansion)
2. Religious (Very helpful for cultural expansion)
3. UU (Speed is everything in early attacks)

I like the Ottomans, b/c of the Science and Industrial benefits fit well into how I prefer to play.
I also like the Dutch, and am currently playing a game as them, but it is my first c3c game, so I am not really familiar with either of their traits since they are new to me. Another reason I would vote Dutch is because I used to live there for a few years.

I'll take the Americans any day, no kidding, I know everyone hates that civ, but I love them.

I have been playing carthage and they are pretty good but I change my mind a lot.

I like the greeks. In the early game the hoplie tends to keep AI's from getting to agressive (it's like starting with pikemen). The science/Comercial trait allows you to amas TONs of gold towards the end when you are rampaging acros the world and all the cities you take over are fully corrupt. (just buy the improvements you want) Although I am used to playing the chinese or the Aztecs and I miss the Militaristic trait...

There are many. It's easier to mention the least favourite civs:

Inca, Portugal, Zulu and Mongols.

Own said:
although i like the french better, you're right that the byzantines are awesome. the dromon is unbelievable, with early lethal, attack a coastal city with 20 catapults and a warrior with about 7 dromons on the side, it's all yours. :)

I think I would really like playing a civ with the french triats but I can't get myself to play them.... Thye always attack me when I am started right next to them even when I trade w/them.... I have come to the point where I kill them 1st in all games (unless germany is around then I get Germany to kill them off for me and I smile) and I never play them myself even thought I think their comercial/indust traits sounds like a good combo....

What can I say?.... I don't buy their products in real life either...

1. Greece
2. France
3. Germany

I always play well with these 3, but I must say I never pick India, China or America, they actually tend to get crushed early in most of my games for some reason

Top Bottom