Favorite maps to play on

What map(s) do you prefer to play on?

• Total voters
Don't end sentences with a preposition.

If you are from the American Midwest this is common enough to be a dialect. Which is ok, seeing as the entirety of the rest of the English speaking world has more erratic dialects to put up with. :D

Which is ok . . .

"There’s no necessity to ban prepositions from the end of sentences. Ending a sentence with a preposition is a perfectly natural part of the structure of modern English."

-http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/page/153

yeah.... i really would like to do another marathon huge archipelago map :p

Last night I dreamed I had a new laptop. It featured lots of mechanical switches that could be set prior to booting up that allowed me to customize the computing environment needed for the task at hand. I have no idea what all those buttons, switches, sliding bars and valves would control, turning on GPU's 3-10?, but the steam age aesthetic was fantastic. I have a hunch that it could easily handle a "marathon huge archipelago map" game.

Tectonics-Inland Sea (slighly better than Inland Sea). Big and Small, Custom Continents, Hemispheres. Great Plains & Oasis for the free-for-alls (although for some reason they totally screw with resource placement in the FfH and mods thereof). On someone's recommendation in a previous map thread I've started using Global highlands for the strategic barriers, although the games can be pretty tough due to the lack of arable land.

Usually though I use the Full of Resources mapscript with modifies most of the official mapscripts. This lets you control the settings for more or less resources, or for specfic resources (e.g. you want to play Khmer, so you guarentee yourself Ivory).

@Mec AntiKythera: About the Steampunk aesthetic, I would like a keyboard (or better yet a casemod) from this man. It ain't cheap though.
http://www.datamancer.net/projects/engine/engine.htm

Pangaea. Especially one that is on a Huge\Arid world with Alex, Boudica, Genghis, Ham, Monty, Rags, Shaka, Stalin, Toku, Izzy, Julius, Mao, Napoleon, Pacal, Saladin, Bull, Sury, and Zara on it (you as player picking from 1 of these 18). Leads to many many wars.

I choose Archipelago (specially - Tiny Islands), also love Custom Continents (6 by 3 on each) and now playing Great Plains....
All Marathon, all Huge and with 18 civs, (game running on lowest video settings, turned off whatever I can from moves etc, because my laptop is so slow in modern era, that need some 3-4 turns to warm it up... but I just can't play Civ without max I can get from it... same was in civ2 and civ3 - max size, max players, max time to play the game...

Continents, huge, marathon. Raging barbs, tech brokering off, tech trading on. I've tried all kinds of maps. Played quite a bit on inland sea at first, then tried Great Plains and Pangaea a few times. Intensely dislike fractal, archipeligo, and tectonic. Swirling, spaghetti-fied land masses are just anathema. The Europe maps I've found so far just aren't large enough. I'd like to play on even larger maps w/more AIs, but so far have settled for the custom settings.

Fractal is the best. It has the best exploration, because with other maps you can have idea of what you find.

I especially like Pangea maps and I too put on agg. AI and trow in as many killers, backstabbers, cut throats, and generally unwelcoming people as I can fit. Let the games begin...:ar15:

Fractal maps, I guess.

I just really get pissed when I get Pangaea Fractal maps, it really undoes the point of Fractal (like, why don't I just go play on a Pangaea map instead?).

Xel'Naga Cav....

I mean Fractal.

I don't like it because it is hard map to do Fast Forge Expand…Oh, sorry, different game.

I like Terra because of it's concept. I know that 'Old world' and 'New world' thing(one huge landmass without any civilization) is not historically accurate in real world, but it is entertaning concept to play. I don't have any plan to grant independence to my 'New world' cities in current game(I invested too much efforts), but I'll have one in next game, trying to being a good master nation.

Top Bottom