Favourite computer games music

Kyriakos

Creator
It seems to me that music used in computer games frequently is as the norm of a higher quality than what the normal popular music production offers. Although its been years since i played games, i remember some themes of them still.

Currently i am listening to One more soul to the call, a song from the game Silent Hill 2:

Link to video.

Which is your own favourite game theme/track? :)

Ima Big fan of the music from Dragon Quest VIII. Pretty much all Square Enix's music is pretty good.

Apart from the Civ4 menu music, the music I remember the best is from the Monkey Island series. Hell march from Red alert is also good.

Command & Conquer has damn fine music. Hell March from the RA soundtrack is one everybody knows, but the first game has pretty much the better music. Check it out on Youtube - Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn.

I always thought the early Command and Conquer games had excellent music:

Link to video.

Frank Klepacki's work is unrivaled.

:agree: re Tropico.

Klepacki goes without saying. Red Alert, RA2, C&C and Dune 2000 are some of my favourites.

Despite its shortcomings, Streets of SimCity has some pretty awesome music.

Civ 4 has the best because it's, well, actual music, but if you are saying original music than maybe Civ III. I really like the little instrumental pieces they did for the background.

Apart from the Civ4 menu music, the music I remember the best is from the Monkey Island series. Hell march from Red alert is also good.

I love the MI and RA music as well :)

Even though, I have to say my favorite is from the settlers II.

I'd catch myself humming the music from original Civ II. :D But I also love the music from Zany Golf and some of the games I got from Big Fish Games (ie. Zenerchi, The Count of Monte Cristo, Runes of Avalon, Hidden Wonders of the Depths...).

Top Bottom