Skwink

FRIIIIIIIIIITZ
Spiders

EAS test

People on the sidewalk in my town

Someone breaking into my house

My cat

Tsunami's

Someone getting to the crawl space under my house, and lighting a fire down there

Huge fires (like the San Bruno one)

Heights. I was terrified of them as a kid, even though as a teen I kinda overcame that, I still am not confident around heights.

I'm not afraid of heights, but I am afraid of falling. I can be thousands of feet up and be just fine, but if I'm 2 feet up and don't feel completely stable (wobbly ladder or something to that effect) I get really nervous.

Aside from that... Bugs I guess. I'm not afraid of them per se, but they creep me out. Especially fast-moving ones.

Snakes
asteroids
destruction of my laptop
not doing something with my life

Spiders.

TBH I'm a little bit afraid of a lot of things, like I get nervous around most living creatures (including humans), I get nervous when I climb things (and even more when I have to come back down), I'm terrified of telephones and avoid answering them (no good has ever come from answering the phone), I get nervous when the lights are out and inexplicable sounds happen (I have to figure out what it is, or else I can't sleep), etc etc etc.

heights (I'm forced to sit when it gets really bad) and spiders.
If we go into the "spiritual" field, the fear to not witness any interesting event/change that the future will reserve to humanity. But I think this is pretty much shared by everyone.

having my legitimate fears trivialised as rasism

Spoiler its just coincidence that there's not a black face in the crowd aside from the dudes hanging from the tree amirite? :

Snakes terrify me, occasionally I'll come across a stick and think it was a snake. It can take 2-3 minutes for my heart rate to return to normal levels...

Phones and people make me uncomfortable too, making a phone call even someone I know but especially to like tech support or something is completely nerve wracking for me. On the other hand I'm cool with answering the phone because then the guy on the other side has to justify the reason for communication, not me.

having my legitimate fears trivialised as rasism

On the other hand, I used to have a fear of black people. It was a real fear - I wouldn't go near dark-skinned people, I wouldn't trust them, I thought they were dangerous, violent, etc.

Not so much now.

Heights, I love the views they give, but they just freak me out.

O.O

How old were you?

Not very, maybe seven or eight. Though I think I'm still a bit wary when I'm around them.

Maybe it's lack of familiarity. Not counting CFCers, I only know a few dark-skinned people and they're Indian. Africans I see around my neighbourhood are generally scary-looking young men who are 6 feet tall and walk around in large groups. And horror stories I keep hearing about Aboriginals and Africans (and, from Asians, about Indians) don't exactly promote a healthy image, either.

Doesn't this make me a racist? I don't know.

as mentioned in the other thread.

women

Top Bottom