Fears you HAVE NOT overcome.

he fears the black man though

Well he could fear white folk just as much, since he is Asian.

Strangely, not really. Growing up, my simplistic views of the world were as follows:
1. Black people (Africans, Aboriginals, Indians) are dangerous, violent and untrustworthy.
2. White people are cool and super-smart.
3. America is a dangerous imperialist nation.
4. Britain is better than America (more civilized, etc, whatever that means).
5. The USSR/Russia was/is cool.
6. China is evil. (Free Tibet!)
7. Burma is evil. (Free Shans/Mons/Karens!)
8. Vietnam is also evil.
9. And Cambodia, too, while we're at it.
10. Japan, Indonesia and the Philippines are cool.

taillesskangaru said:
7. Burma is evil. (Free Shans/Mons/Karens!)
8. Vietnam is also evil.
9. And Cambodia, too, while we're at it.
10. Japan, Indonesia and the Philippines are [is] cool.

that isn't simple its genius. i presume malaysia is part of indonesia raya.

So, I had believed in some pretty silly things over the years.

that isn't simple its genius.

Why not the Mons? :(

presume malaysia is part of indonesia raya.

Malaysia didn't even count as significant in my world view at the time I think.

Well, murkiness is also a factor, maybe the biggest. I did swim in pretty deep crystal clear water but I could see all the way to the bottom, so that was fine.

Big lakes and sea/ocean is where I'm chickening out.

Yeah, I don't like deep, dark water too... It gives me the creeps just thinking about it!

Also I don't like lights under the water, oddly enough.

spiders

yikes

Bees. I'm not even allergic to them. They creep me the hell out and I know they just want to murder everything they come into contact with, especially me. It's that suspicious hovering they do, I just know it. At least with flies, you know they're on their way somewhere. Bees on the other hand loiter around, waiting to strike out at some unsuspecting victim.

Seriously though, I know you're supposed to just mind your own business around bees and they won't bother you, but strangely enough that seems to be the primary behavior that causes them to attack me. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Fish heads. I can't stand them.

Im half and half on the fear of spiders. Small ones dont scare me but if there was a big one crawling on me i would be freaked out.

I have a big fear of rapids since when i was a kid i was whitewater rafting and I almost drowned when my raft flipped over. I will never go near rapids ever again they are incredibly dangerous.

Im half and half on the fear of spiders. Small ones dont scare me but if there was a big one crawling on me i would be freaked out.

I have a big fear of rapids since when i was a kid i was whitewater rafting and I almost drowned when my raft flipped over. I will never go near rapids ever again they are incredibly dangerous.

Yeah, I'm getting better with spiders. For me, color matters too. I don't mind pale ones but big black ones bother me. I guess I'm racist with spiders.

For me, it's ladders. When I was young, I used to jump off the roof (one story, obviously) and do a rolling fall rather than go down the ladder. Never got hurt doing that, although I wouldn't now that I'm older. I also had a ladder fall a few years ago coming down which didn't help.

Roller Coasters are funny. A lot of people get scared of them as they get older.

Fear of bad neighborhoods, fear of losing the final fight of a martial arts tournament because Miyagi won't train me.

I have a fear of horror and disaster movies. Especially zombie apocolypses. And 'slasher, mass-murderer' movies.

im scared of ppl who type in caps. i see lots of weak posts, weak arguments and weak discussion online. so when someone uses the CAPS LOCK i stand up and take notice, even if the rest of their post is crap (usually it is lol)

Top Bottom