1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

February 2021 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Feb 25, 2021.

1. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

Hmmm that's not what I've seen. Actually... what I've seen is the other CSes being very aggressive towards barbarian camps... and that might have been true for a long while, but since the focus wasn't on barbs then, I might not have noticed back then. So ok., will check to see about AI Civs... might be true

2. JJOne

JJOne Prince

Are AI improving luxuries again?

3. xphantomx

xphantomx Chieftain

no.

I’m in a marathon game with 11 civs and at turn 400 only one civ has one luxury resource (honey) and I’m positive it was farmed by accident by the AI.

i love this game, and I have never nit picked or complained about anything...not even uneven AI behavior in the past...but the last 2 months have been horrible.

how are people playing this game when the civs refuse to recognize that luxuries exist in their cities? Especially when the current focus of the game mode are luxuries?

Is there something people are doing that I’m not to make AI farm/mine resources? Please tell me because I’m not motivated to start a new game ever until it’s fixed :(

4. robal1991

robal1991 Warlord

I've run tests on the Campus/Observatory/Seowon adjacency with reefs and Great Barrier Reef. Conclusions:
    • Seowon does have no adjacency bonus from Great Barrier Reef nor standard reef tile.
    • Observatory has +2 per each Great Barrier Reef tile (no standard reef bonus).
    • Campus has +2 per each Great Barrier Reef tile and +2 per each standard reef tile.
    I'm attaching screenshot with proof.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  5. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

As it should. It already gets a +4 Adjacency Bonus for existing, no need to make it even more powerful.

Myomoto and Noble Zarkon like this.
  6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

The Maya can look to the stars for knowledge but who knew the Observatory can also look under the sea? :mischief:

7. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Seowon gets no adjacency bonuses of any kind since it gets the automatic +4, even from stuff like Ley Lines.

8. taulph88

taulph88 Warlord

In the livestream, Anton mentioned as an answer to a listener question on having 0 city-states, but with the barb clan mode on, so they would all become city-states. This was not working for me.

In my testing playthrough, I had 0 city-states on a large map, with barb clan mode on. I saw the turn meter not changing, not displaying the "50+ turns...".

Also, if I had only 1 city state to show up, I saw the other barb camps with their turn meters saying correctly "50+ turns...." How would this work if a barb camp became a city state, when there is already 1 city-state on the map according to my game setup config? Unless I missed something from the discussion.

9. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

Weird, this hasn't been my experience. I haven't had many barb camps turn to CSs

10. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I wonder if it has to do with map type and size, or game speed if it scales funny in terms of turns until the switch

11. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

In the few games I've played so far, the Barb mode has provided an interesting early game diversion which I have enjoyed, but it hasn't revolutionized the game (which is fine!). I have definitely purchased military units from them several times.

The challenge is that the early game is already pretty fun and interesting. It's the late game that needs more work and new events. It's gotten better with diplo stuff and emergencies and rockbands, tough climate change is more annoying than actually fun.

Kotofei likes this.
  12. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@SammyKhalifa -- I'll bet it does.. maybe even more factors have influence in that highly random ruleset condition. We need to inspect the Code logic for sure.

13. Hans Castorp

Hans Castorp Prince

A second thing I've noticed, there seems to be a glitch with AI camps that turn into CS and are then conquered by major civs. In two different games, the CS remains listed in the CS list after it has been conquered and it is even possible to assign new envoys to them. Not sure if this is only true of CS where you had envoys before it was conquered.

AntSou and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  14. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Am I dreaming, or have they quietly fixed that random disembarking of embarked units? My embarked units are behaving and no longer make landfall at first opportunity, but go around promontories like decent seamen :)

OzzyKP and 8housesofelixir like this.
  15. Bechhold

Bechhold King

The AI not improving resources needs to be hotfixed. I mean there is no way Firaxis is not aware of this bug...

Peserwin, Myomoto, Elhoim and 2 others like this.
  16. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

It's not going to be hotfixed or it would have been by now. We'll have to wait another two weeks.

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

When you fire up a new game to try to use the new features, roll a map that looks really fun, think you're doing really good; then when you go to save realize you forgot to change the difficulty level.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  18. Kotofei

Kotofei Chieftain

Ok, I was on the verge of a Deity SV with Babylon, then noticed that I was almost to CV totally by accident. Swapped in some tourism policy cards around turn 280, and you can guess the rest. ****** Monopolies and Corporations Mode.

Also, I usually play on Immortal. I'm not that good at this game. </ragepost>

Moderator Action: Help keep the forum family-friendly. Edited text to further obscure profanity and comply with site rules. ~ LK
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2021
  19. Abaxial

Abaxial King

I wonder if it is not deliberate so that the game is not repeatedly won by an unmet civ.

20. xphantomx

xphantomx Chieftain

Why do you think AI civs not farming/mining luxuries it will be addressed in the next patch when it wasn’t in the last patch?

Did a dev mention it in a post somewhere