Feedback and Suggestions

I think I will come back to solving this at a time that I am feeling a little less like poop :)

Friend, we need to change your diet. Get on some raw organics and juice organic apples and such, it will change your life for the good! What you eat is more important the exercise!

You need all the art and sound files from the Official version.

You will need :

Medieval2.FPK in your Assets folder
res folder in Assets
Art folder in Assets
Sounds in Assets

And the Maps need to go in your PublicMaps folder

Then you should be set if I haven't forgot anything.

Right and we are off!!!

lets see what goodies we have in this version!

wow my soldier was a nobleman! that was a nice surprise!

hmmm all the civics are pink, as was the anglo saxon flag button...

I think I must have put that atlas file in the wrong place or some such...

looks like I might be missing something else that I hould have DL, as I don't have the sounds folder either.... man I am having a real thicky time right now!

I have to say though just looking over the civic effects..... me wants these toys :D looks really good already Kail a lot of good content there. I am looking forward to figuring out my favourite civc set up :D

<y initial set of immigrant choices are rubbish though! :D no scout... no monk... what is this the dark ages!!

hmm I am not sure but I think spice to lux food might be broken? I am making it with cattle, but my spice is not going down..

IDIOT! I wasn't paying attention and lost my seasoned scout to planting a trade post...

Right and we are off!!!

lets see what goodies we have in this version!

wow my soldier was a nobleman! that was a nice surprise!

hmmm all the civics are pink, as was the anglo saxon flag button...

I think I must have put that atlas file in the wrong place or some such...

looks like I might be missing something else that I hould have DL, as I don't have the sounds folder either.... man I am having a real thicky time right now!

Yeah, you will need to put the new art files in the correct folder. Sorry, I didn't make it easier. All the files you need should be in the official version 2.0i I think it is.

hmmm something is still not right my civics are still pink...

I have it in Assets/Art/Civics

also I cannot seem to 'rush buy' immigrants from the 3 choices...

I also can't use gold to 'rush buy' buildings on the city screen..

I also get this error message, but I feel like it is an old known one..
Assert Failed

File: CvGameTextMgr.cpp
Line: 9074
Expression: iModifiedProduction == aiYields[eYieldType]
hmmm something is still not right my civics are still pink...

I have it in Assets/Art/Civics

also I cannot seem to 'rush buy' immigrants from the 3 choices...

I also can't use gold to 'rush buy' buildings on the city screen..

I also get this error message, but I feel like it is an old known one..
Assert Failed

File: CvGameTextMgr.cpp
Line: 9074
Expression: iModifiedProduction == aiYields[eYieldType]
The Civics need to go in Assets/Art/Interface/Buttons/Civics. You can look at the xml files to determine the path where to put the files.

You need to pull the latest version of Medieval_Tech as the Hurry bug has been fixed as of yesterday I think. That other failed assert is known and I'll be looking into it.

Guys, I am reading with interest what you're doing here.

Many of your developments could be of interest for my own efforts, as I assume. Yet, what I severely lack is the understanding of what your current state is (there are a lot of announcements what is changed, what is going to be changed, what isn't working anymore and what was never working ... :mischief: ) and a lot of references to Git, which actually (yes, I am very open ;) ) seem to confuse even your own team.

What about having some understandable tutorials? :)

Well, we have been working with a Development version through a file sharing program called Git, at least thats the way I would explain it.

Recently we have moved our shared code to Steam's sourceforge, which has a few advantages over what we were having.

If you are new to Git, repositories, and sharing development code this way, then there is a learning curve and that's is what you have been seeing as we all adapt to it.

For the latest stuff you should just be able to pull (download) the current development files, not sure exactly what link to use though as my link has my name in it, but there may be a general link for you to use. Nightinggale can point it out to you when he gets back on.

We could use some more feedback.

Also, depending on what you need or what if you was using the M:C as a base for your own mod we could create you a branch and you could share in our efforts.

Guys, I am reading with interest what you're doing here.

Many of your developments could be of interest for my own efforts, as I assume. Yet, what I severely lack is the understanding of what your current state is (there are a lot of announcements what is changed, what is going to be changed, what isn't working anymore and what was never working ... :mischief: ) and a lot of references to Git, which actually (yes, I am very open ;) ) seem to confuse even your own team.

What about having some understandable tutorials? :)
I plan on writing some git step by step tutorial for getting the latest version. However I have been busy doing other stuff lately. I started moving the source to a new server 7 days ago and it took me a few days. This mean the past 3-4 days have been around figuring out the new URLs and the new setup. M:C used to be one git module, but it has been split into 3 (C++, python and the rest) because two of them can then be used in other mods as well. Think of it as having identical aliases in all mods.

Yes we ran into a bunch of problems. Using new git features, understanding how the new setup works as well as firewall issues didn't make it easy, but it did give info on what can go wrong. Hopefully I will write a guide with pictures within the next few days to make it easier to get the git version.

You can fetch the latest version here: http://sourceforge.net/p/colonizationmodcollection/Medieval_Conquest/ci/master/tree/
I haven't tried the "Download snapshot" feature yet, but presumably you can get a zip of everything without using git. I strongly recommend using git however as it makes updating a whole lot easier.

Recently we have moved our shared code to Steam's sourceforge, which has a few advantages over what we were having.
Sourceforge is unrelated to steam!!!

Also, depending on what you need or what if you was using the M:C as a base for your own mod we could create you a branch and you could share in our efforts.
The whole point in splitting python and source away from the rest is to make it easier to add new mods. New mods can then either contribute to shared resources or just leech of the new code featyres from the rest of us.

RUN JUST RUUUUUNNNN!!!!!!!

that is me being rubbish :D

my poor sick sleepy head cannot cope with all this third party program combinating and I mostly end up in a small hundled mass whimpeering 'make it work just make it work!!'

Nightinggale has made some tutorials for git and its usage.

For me they are useless and non-understandable, but that is mostly due to the fact that I am completely rubbish at everything and my success mostly comes through the repeated hitting of things with a hammer until someone comes along and says 'I fixed it... here' then I go back to purring in a corner until the next time the call of the hammer cometh upon me!

My advice would be, wait a little while, let the latest dust of developmental whirlwinds settle into the next release verson, then download it! :D

Unless you are both smart and brave, or stupid and relentless....

The truth is for most mod groups all these conversations go on behind closed doors in clsed groups, andonly the final result is known to the public, this creates less manic confusion, but will often leave a mod community uninformed if that group disappears..

So welcome to the medieval jungle baby!

Nightinggale has made some tutorials for git and its usage.
They are on the github wiki and are outdated as they do not take into account that the source is no longer on github. Well it is, but that one too is outdated.

For me they are useless and non-understandable
In honour of you I will make the next guide a picture book. That way you can just sit and point to the pictures and say "me want too" :lol:
For the rest of us it will be a guide with screenshots of correct setup of what turned out to be places where it went wrong for at least one person.

For the record: this is the person I decided should only be trusted with read only access to the source code.

My advice would be, wait a little while, let the latest dust of developmental whirlwinds settle into the next release verson, then download it! :D
Maybe not that long. The moving issues should be all over when the new guide is written, which I really hope I will be able to do within a few days.

My contribution to the tutorial efforts!

Attachments

• Shanty kitty.jpg
    Shanty kitty.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 95
Ok, so first impressions of 2.5 (I dropped my mouse and some how closed the game (DOH!) ) hopefully an auto save was not too far behind!

So First Impressions:

Loving it! Still getting my head around how some new things work and features!

Love the new start screen! That is cool with the flames and the bobbing boat! (I also saw you pinched some screenies from Vikings shhh!)

Really like the civics so far, they are expensive enough to make you really think about what and when to change without being too expensive. (the not being able to join cities during anarchy is a bit of a pain, cause I have to remember to wake up my people when the time is over!)

Still working out how demands across plot groups works..(if I am understanding the whole thing properly) I have yet to figure out what changes when I connect them (I know missions and trading posts will do stuff, haven't got to them yet..)

Still don't understand why Night thinks it is hard to get money? I was having nice piles of useful money to spend on a regular basis (but still not enough that I don't have to think carefully about what and where to spend).

The Pope is still annoying trying to take my money, so I just tell him to shove off :D

I neglected my trade a bit (which is unusual for me) but I have just opened up the spice route, and settled an outpost in preparation for the silk road so then trade will be megafied anyway!

Still loving the opening part of the game where you really have to decide between building, trading, production, starvation, city size, all that jazz!

I think that is about it for now, I haven't really got into all the civics yet, jsut getting to the point where I have choices.

So First Impressions:

Loving it! Still getting my head around how some new things work and features!

Love the new start screen! That is cool with the flames and the bobbing boat! (I also saw you pinched some screenies from Vikings shhh!)

Glad you are enjoying it so far. Let us know about the things that you don't understand as we probably need more in game help.

Ahh man, I was thinking about having a contest on who could figure out where I got the loading screen pic from but you nailed it right from the start :) Wow, you are up on your Vikings series. I am excited about the next season.

Top Bottom