• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Oil Well
Requires Refining
• -1:food:, +2:hammers:, +1:commerce:
• +1:commerce: with Highway
• +1:yuck:
• Can be built on Desert, Tundra, Ice
• Chance to produce Gas, Oil​

SECONDARY IMPROVEMENTS

Watermill
Requires Milling
• +1:hammers:, +1:commerce:
• +1:hammers: with Replaceable Parts
• +1:commerce: with Electricity
• +1:commerce: with Bureaucracy
• Can be built Riverside (Flatland only)​

Windmill
Requires Milling
• +1:food:, +1:commerce:
• +2:commerce: with Environmentalism
• Can be built on Hills​

Lumbermill
Requires Machinery
• +1:hammers:
• +1:hammers: next to River
• +1:commerce: with Paper
• Can be built on Forest, Jungle​

Workshop
Requires Artisanry
• +2:hammers:
• +1:hammers: with Machine Tools
• +1:hammers: with Highway
• +1:hammers: with Caste System
• +1:commerce: with Professionalism

Cottage/Hamlet/Village/Town
Requires Employment
• +1:commerce: each size
• +1:commerce: with Highway (Town only)
• +1:hammers: with Social Welfare (Village and Town only)
• +1:commerce: with Free Market (Village and Town only)

Is there any way to have the unhealthiness kick in at for example Village rather than at Cottage?

Oil Well
Requires Refining
• -1:food:, +2:hammers:, +1:commerce:
• +1:commerce: with Highway
• Can be built on Desert, Tundra, Ice
• Chance to produce Gas, Oil​

SECONDARY IMPROVEMENTS

Watermill
Requires Milling

Windmill
Requires Milling
• +1:food:, +1:commerce:
• +2:commerce: with Environmentalism
• Can be built on Hills​

Lumbermill
Requires Machinery
• +1:hammers next to River
• Can be built on Forest, Jungle​

Workshop
Requires Artisanry
• +2:hammers:
• +1:commerce: with Professionalism

Requires Employment
• +1:commerce: with Free Market (Village and Town only)

Is there any way to have the unhealthiness kick in at for example Village rather than at Cottage?

Yes. I can't decide whether to do it that way or not. Opinions welcomed.

In other news, I've managed to find new art for Flax that will work with Farms, so that swap will go ahead. I'm working on getting all the art to match the changes at the moment, unfortunately its not as straight forward as I thought it would be.

I agree that the unhealthiness should only kick in at village level. The cottage and hamlet levels are already rather lackluster, no need to penalize them further.

PRIMARY IMPROVEMENTS

Balance Suggestions

Farm
Requires Agriculture
• +1:food:
• +1:food: at Fertilizer
• +1:commerce: with Agrarianism
• Requires and Spreads Irrigation
• Can be built on Grasslands, Plains, Flood Plains (Flatlands only)
• Chance to produce Corn, Potato, Rice, Wheat​

Pasture
Requires Pastoralism
• +1:hammers: at Biology
• +1:hammers: with Agrarianism
• Can be built on Plains, Savannah, Tundra (Flatlands only)
• Chance to produce Cattle, Pig, Sheep, Horse, Elephant​

I'm still not happy with +1:hammers: from Farms. It creates too many high yield tiles: we've already decided that the Plains Forest Camps we have in 1.17 are too strong, and Plains Farms under Agrarianism would be more of the same. Grassland and Flood Plains Farms would be better still, with bonus production and a food surplus. The simplest solution is to swap the Farm and Pasture bonuses; it retains flavour, while restricting bonus hammers to an improvement only available on low food terrain. Since Pastures do not require irrigation, this also allows dry cities to stay competitive with riverside cities, which already produce plenty of hammers via Levees.

Quarry
Requires Masonry
• +1:hammers: at Geology
• +1:commerce: with Railroad
• +1:commerce: with Slavery
• No health penalty
• Can be built on Desert, Hills
• Chance to produce Salt, Stone, Marble, Jade​

I really think that Hills should be allowed a nonpolluting improvement in the early game, and a nonpolluting alternative to Windmills in the mid to late game. A nonpolluting improvement on Deserts should also be an option. That's why I favour dropping the health penalty on Quarries, and weakening them accordingly, by changing the Railroad bonus to commerce. In flavour terms: Mines are "pure production" because they produce metals for use in manufacturing. Quarries are a "production-commerce hybrid" because they produce minerals for use in construction. Not to mention, Coal or Uranium miles are probably far more damaging to the environment and human health than Stone Quarries.

Flavour Suggestions

Orchard
Requires Pottery
• +1:commerce: at Horticulture
• +1:commerce: with Apprenticeship
• Requires Irrigation
• Can be built in Forest, Jungle (Flatlands only)
• Chance to produce Fruit, Olives, Spice, Wine​

I like the Orchard and Workshop bonuses on Professionalism. My only suggestion is to rename the civic 'Apprenticeship.' I don't like the name 'Professionalism' because it usually refers to professional conduct instead of professional practice, at least in North America. 'Apprenticeship' seems a much better fit for Artisanry in the Classical Era. Of course, this is a merely flavour suggestion, so feel free to ignore it.

SECONDARY IMPROVEMENTS

Balance Suggestions

Lumbermill
Requires Machinery
• +1:commerce: next to River
• +1:hammers: with Bureaucracy
• Can be built on Forest, Jungle
• Chance to produce Prime Timber

I think +1:hammers: next to River is a mistake. It turbocharges riverside cities, which already get bonus hammers from Levees. I would swap that bonus hammer with bonus commerce from Bureaucracy. That leaves Lumbermills relatively weak, except under Bureaucracy; but if they can discover Prime Timber and are reclassified as a primary improvement, that's not a problem.

Workshop
Requires Artisanry
• +1:hammers: with Guilds
• +1:commerce: with Apprenticeship

If you insist on +5:hammers: Workshops, you may as well spread the bonuses around: +1:hammers: base and +1:hammers: from Guilds.

Requires Employment
• +2:commerce: for Cottage
• +1:commerce: each size further
• +1:commerce: with Democracy (Village and Town only)

Here's what I suggest: keep the health penalty on Cottages but bump them up to +2:commerce: base. Cottages and Hamlets are rather lackluster, since Camps and Plantations produce +2:commerce: with the right technology or civic, and +3:commerce: with both. Stronger Cottages are more competitive and add variety. (We don't need three single-commerce improvements!) That said, keeping the health penalty lets players and the AI plan better, because the effects of future Towns can be seen from the start. It also preserves the value of the +100% cottage growth bonus. Otherwise, Progressive leaders would see their cities mired in pollution twice as quickly because their Cottages mature twice as fast. (I assume that +1:commerce: from Free Market was a typo?)

Flavour Suggestions

Watermill
Requires Milling
• +1:hammers: with Physics
• +1:commerce: with Corporation

Windmills and Watermills are both enabled at Milling; it wouldn't hurt if their technology bonuses were slightly different. Watermills are not widely used to generate Electricity, and they were popular before Replaceable Parts, so I've shifted those bonuses accordingly. Watermills now peak earlier in the midgame, while Windmills remain strong well past Environmentalism.

NOTE: Changes are marked in blue. Additions are marked in green. Cuts are marked in red.

I'm still not happy with +1:hammers: from Farms. It creates too many high yield tiles: we've already decided that the Plains Forest Camps we have in 1.17 are too strong, and Plains Farms under Agrarianism would be more of the same. Grassland and Flood Plains Farms would be better still, with bonus production and a food surplus. The simplest solution is to swap the Farm and Pasture bonuses; it retains flavour, while restricting bonus hammers to an improvement only available on low food terrain. Since Pastures do not require irrigation, this also allows dry cities to stay competitive with riverside cities, which already produce plenty of hammers via Levees.

Makes sense, I was considering doing it that way too. I keep forgetting that I re-enabled Farms on Plains.

I really think that Hills should be allowed a nonpolluting improvement in the early game, and a nonpolluting alternative to Windmills in the mid to late game. A nonpolluting improvement on Deserts should also be an option. That's why I favour dropping the health penalty on Quarries, and weakening them accordingly, by changing the Railroad bonus to commerce. In flavour terms: Mines are "pure production" because they produce metals for use in manufacturing. Quarries are a "production-commerce hybrid" because they produce minerals for use in construction. Not to mention, Coal or Uranium miles are probably far more damaging to the environment and human health than Stone Quarries.

I want to leave the :yuck: on Quarries because I think its beneficial to have some terrain that isn't necessarily worth improving until your cities have developed enough health infrastructure. If Quarries had no :yuck: then hills (and deserts) would just be spammed with Quarries instead of Mines. In the early eras I'd rather see just the occasional Quarry or Mine built; it feels more realistic and I think it's important to retain some form of 'ramping up' of tile use, especially now that we're making many other tiles improveable early on when they formerly were not.

I like the Orchard and Workshop bonuses on Professionalism. My only suggestion is to rename the civic 'Apprenticeship.' I don't like the name 'Professionalism' because it usually refers to professional conduct instead of professional practice, at least in North America. 'Apprenticeship' seems a much better fit for Artisanry in the Classical Era. Of course, this is a merely flavour suggestion, so feel free to ignore it.

'Professionalism' isn't the best name but I haven't been able to come up with anything better. 'Apprenticeship' isn't right, much too narrow in meaning.

EDIT: Perhaps 'Merchantry'?

I think +1:hammers: next to River is a mistake. It turbocharges riverside cities, which already get bonus hammers from Levees. I would swap that bonus hammer with bonus commerce from Bureaucracy. That leaves Lumbermills relatively weak, except under Bureaucracy; but if they can discover Prime Timber and are reclassified as a primary improvement, that's not a problem.

I was intending for Lumbermills to discover Prime Timber, must have been misplaced at some point. To be honest I'm fine with dropping the river bonus altogether. I'd prefer the Bureaucracy bonus to remain commerce, so perhaps I'll just switch the Paper bonus to production instead.

If you insist on +5:hammers: Workshops, you may as well spread the bonuses around: +1:hammers: base and +1:hammers: from Guilds.

While 5:hammers: Workshops will be possible, they're unlikely. Most players, human or AI, are not going to be using Caste System in the Modern Era, when the Highway bonus becomes available. Even if they do, it's balanced by them not having the useful later game bonuses of Industrialism or Social Welfare. So I think we can consider Workshops to be a 4:hammers: improvement.

Here's what I suggest: keep the health penalty on Cottages but bump them up to +2:commerce: base. Cottages and Hamlets are rather lackluster, since Camps and Plantations produce +2:commerce: with the right technology or civic, and +3:commerce: with both. Stronger Cottages are more competitive and add variety. (We don't need three single-commerce improvements!) That said, keeping the health penalty lets players and the AI plan better, because the effects of future Towns can be seen from the start. It also preserves the value of the +100% cottage growth bonus. Otherwise, Progressive leaders would see their cities mired in pollution twice as quickly because their Cottages mature twice as fast.

Hmm. Interesting alternative. I'm not sure that having the unhealthiness from the start helps with planning all that much, but I'll think about it.

(I assume that +1:commerce: from Free Market was a typo?)

Nope, that's a change I'm (probably) making, connecting the new corporation mechanics with the civics. I'll post a draft of these later.

Windmills and Watermills are both enabled at Milling; it wouldn't hurt if their technology bonuses were slightly different. Watermills are not widely used to generate Electricity, and they were popular before Replaceable Parts, so I've shifted those bonuses accordingly. Watermills now peak earlier in the midgame, while Windmills remain strong well past Environmentalism.

Those tech bonuses could be shuffled around a bit, yeah. That part of the tree has filled up a bit since I've started working on 1.18 though, Physics is still free but Corporation is pretty full now. I'll take a look and see what works.

Here's what I suggest: keep the health penalty on Cottages but bump them up to +2:commerce: base.

I think that would just end up making Villages and (especially) Towns overpowered again.

I was intending for Lumbermills to discover Prime Timber, must have been misplaced at some point. To be honest I'm fine with dropping the river bonus altogether.

Isn't the extra commerce on rivers just there to restore what gets blocked by the forest?

I'd prefer the Bureaucracy bonus to remain commerce, so perhaps I'll just switch the Paper bonus to production instead.

Thematically, *both* make more sense giving commerce: The civic because it's in the Economic column, and the tech (Printing, not Paper, at least in 1.17) because it has more to do with the transmission of ideas than the creation of products.

Unfortunately, that ends up making lumbermills into primarily commerce improvements when they should be more about production. Perhaps the commerce bonus from Bureaucracy should be moved to a different improvement and lumbermills get another point of production from something else?

I think that would just end up making Villages and (especially) Towns overpowered again.

That's my hesitation too. I deliberately want Cottages/etc to be weaker than they are in BTS. I don't see 1:commerce: Cottages as weak as they don't take very long to upgrade to Hamlets. If they start at 2:commerce: then they start becoming a no-brain choice again.

Isn't the extra commerce on rivers just there to restore what gets blocked by the forest?

Yes, but I don't think it needs to be retained. The other Forest and Jungle improvements don't have it and because such terrains have 1 more yield than their cleared equivalents, any improvement that can be built on them without clearing is already stronger than those that cannot. I had it there to help make the Lumbermill competitive with the other secondary improvements but since it'll become a primary improvement it can go.

Thematically, *both* make more sense giving commerce: The civic because it's in the Economic column, and the tech (Printing, not Paper, at least in 1.17) because it has more to do with the transmission of ideas than the creation of products.

Unfortunately, that ends up making lumbermills into primarily commerce improvements when they should be more about production. Perhaps the commerce bonus from Bureaucracy should be moved to a different improvement and lumbermills get another point of production from something else?

Switching the civic bonus around would require shuffles with several other civics as well. I'm pretty happy with how I've got them at the moment so I'd prefer to avoid that. Switching the tech bonus to :hammers: is the simplest solution; slightly less intuitive but not unreasonable I feel. Switching it from Printing to Paper helps.

I need some feedback on how common to set resource discovery. Currently there are 2 rates in 1.17: Mines are set to the same rate of discovery as in BTS, and Farms are set to discover more often. You all play many more actual games than I get to, let me know which of these feels more appropriate to you for what we're proposing. Somewhere in between possibly, or even more common?

It's my impression that farm discovery is too high in 1.17, but that may just be a combination of the fact that there tend to be a lot more farms being worked than mines under most circumstances, and that the variety of resources that farms can discover is much more homogenous.

I tend to agree.
However, it appears as if Farms will be somewhat weaker in the next version, and other improvements will also have discovery of new resources possible. Thus I would just leave this alone for now and wait to see how all the other changes shake out.

It's my impression that farm discovery is too high in 1.17, but that may just be a combination of the fact that there tend to be a lot more farms being worked than mines under most circumstances, and that the variety of resources that farms can discover is much more homogenous.

I want to leave the :yuck: on Quarries because I think its beneficial to have some terrain that isn't necessarily worth improving until your cities have developed enough health infrastructure. If Quarries had no :yuck: then hills (and deserts) would just be spammed with Quarries instead of Mines. In the early eras I'd rather see just the occasional Quarry or Mine built; it feels more realistic and I think it's important to retain some form of 'ramping up' of tile use, especially now that we're making many other tiles improveable early on when they formerly were not.

I take your point. We should aim for a "ramping up" of tile use as the game progresses. I just worry that if Quarries produce :yuck:, then Hills will be spammed with Windmills, which come with no health penalties and also produce :food:. Polluting Quarries greatly limit the improvement options for hilly cities, which are common on all maps with ridges, including Highlands, Tectonics, and Terra. I would prefer to weaken the Quarry further, to maintain balance with Mines:

Quarry
Requires Masonry
• +1:hammers: at Geology
• +1:commerce: with Railroad
• +1:commerce: with Slavery
• No health penalty
• Can be built on Desert, Hills
• Chance to produce Salt, Stone, Marble, Jade​

No base commerce and no health penalty but +1:commerce: with Slavery and Railroads.

'Professionalism' isn't the best name but I haven't been able to come up with anything better. 'Apprenticeship' isn't right, much too narrow in meaning.

EDIT: Perhaps 'Merchantry'?

'Apprenticeship' might be too narrow but 'Merchantry' is surely too broad. How about 'Craftsmanship'?

Speaking of civic names, I'm not too happy with 'Organized Religion' and 'Free Religion.' 'Organized Religion' is, again, too broad. The best name for a civic that emerges from Priesthood, one that presents a clear contrast with Paganism, demands not only proper ritual but inner faith, enables missionaries and brings communities together to construct great works, is Orthodoxy. 'Free Religion,' meanwhile, is simply a contraction of 'freedom of religion.' It works fine alongside 'Free Market' and 'Free Speech' in BtS, but I've always found it a bit passive. A society that does not merely tolerate diversity but celebrates it: that would be 'Pluralism' or 'Multiculturalism.'

I was intending for Lumbermills to discover Prime Timber, must have been misplaced at some point. To be honest I'm fine with dropping the river bonus altogether. I'd prefer the Bureaucracy bonus to remain commerce, so perhaps I'll just switch the Paper bonus to production instead.

What if you kept the commerce bonus from Paper and reintroduced the hammer bonus from Railroads?

Lumbermill
Requires Machinery
• +1:hammers: with Railroad
• No bonus next to River

Lumbermills don't have to be quite as strong as secondary improvements but they should be stronger than other primary improvements. After all, they can only discover one resource; and once you have a single copy, Lumbermills are only as strong as their yields. (Unless you adopt the Da Vinci corporation, of course.)

That's my hesitation too. I deliberately want Cottages/etc to be weaker than they are in BTS. I don't see 1:commerce: Cottages as weak as they don't take very long to upgrade to Hamlets. If they start at 2:commerce: then they start becoming a no-brain choice again.

I disagree. Cottages are already significantly weaker when compared to BtS: they produce +1:yuck:, equivalent to -1:food:; they appear later in the game and thus mature later in the game; the Financial trait does not increase their yield; there are other improvements that produce up to 3:commerce:, including Camps, Plantations, Watermills, and Windmills, some of which can be built directly atop terrain features; and they produce one less commerce at full strength, 6 compared to 7. If you do not bump Cottages to 2:commerce:, I suggest you add a technology bonus, perhaps at Printing Press. (Even 1.17 offers more Cottage bonuses: +1:commerce: each from Democracy, Social Welfare, and Highways.) The health penalty alone prevents Cottages from being a no-brain choice.

Hmm. Maybe you could replace +1:yuck: with +0.5:mad:, +0.5:yuck:? That way, two Cottages would have the same effect as once city population point. (The citizens must be entertained!) Forest Preserves increase happiness so surely you can code an improvement that decreases happiness?

I need some feedback on how common to set resource discovery. Currently there are 2 rates in 1.17: Mines are set to the same rate of discovery as in BTS, and Farms are set to discover more often. You all play many more actual games than I get to, let me know which of these feels more appropriate to you for what we're proposing. Somewhere in between possibly, or even more common?

It all depends on what you consider most important about the new improvement system. If you mainly see it as a way to add variety to the landscape, with resource discovery as mere flavour, then the current Farm rate, 1 in 5000, seems appropriate: resource discovery comes as a welcome surprise but is not reliable. If, however, you want resource discovery to be a strategic consideration, such that players can tailor the resource mix in their empire, discovery chances should be set higher. 1 in 2000 does not seem to me to be unreasonable; but you'd have to reduce the number of resources created by the map generator first. Of course, I play at Normal speed and discover about two resources per game. The experience of players who prefer slower speeds will be different.

'Apprenticeship' might be too narrow but 'Merchantry' is surely too broad. How about 'Craftsmanship'?
Referring to an essentially medieval organization of labor, one dominated by individual free citizens? That would make sense. Classically it was the craftsmen who enjoyed the most liberties and rights in such societies, at least among the commoners.

Speaking of civic names, I'm not too happy with 'Organized Religion' and 'Free Religion.' 'Organized Religion' is, again, too broad. The best name for a civic that emerges from Priesthood, one that presents a clear contrast with Paganism, demands not only proper ritual but inner faith, enables missionaries and brings communities together to construct great works, is Orthodoxy.
Note that Organized Religion can allow that easy proselytizing and rapid production of missionaries for religions other than the state one; one of my favorite tactics is to spread around two or three religions through my cities and reap the science bonus from multiple monasteries.

A minority religion can be Organized too; the question on my mind is whether "Orthodoxy" adequately covers that.

What if you kept the commerce bonus from Paper and reintroduced the hammer bonus from Railroads?

Lumbermill
Requires Machinery
• +1:hammers: with Railroad
• No bonus next to River

Lumbermills don't have to be quite as strong as secondary improvements but they should be stronger than other primary improvements. After all, they can only discover one resource; and once you have a single copy, Lumbermills are only as strong as their yields. (Unless you adopt the Da Vinci corporation, of course.)
The drawback of this is that in the absence of a terrain improvement for forests that gets a bonus from rivers, there's really no reason not to clear-cut all the forest tiles along a river valley and replace them with farms or whatever. The +1 food from a farm is more powerful than +1 hammer; even small food surpluses let you support miners and specialists that net you a lot of hammers.

The drawback of this is that in the absence of a terrain improvement for forests that gets a bonus from rivers, there's really no reason not to clear-cut all the forest tiles along a river valley and replace them with farms or whatever. The +1 food from a farm is more powerful than +1 hammer; even small food surpluses let you support miners and specialists that net you a lot of hammers.
in reality "lumbermills" as they exist in civ more closely represent loggers. Lumbermills were typically incorporated into metropolitan zones of cities. while civ (modded or not) can only be so accurate this is forgivable. Anyway the role of rivers to the logging industry cannot be underestimated. traditionally, cut logs were floated down river to lumbermills to be processed. Even today, they are frequently put on barges (especially when/were they cannot be reliably transported by truck) giving lumbermills a commerce bonus is not only a good idea, given simon''s point (and that river's only real contribution to the game in general is the added commerce -they have proven to be important tactically and economically than civ or hr gives them credit for-) but the bonus from being next to a river is also accurate.

Hmm. Maybe you could replace +1:yuck: with +0.5:mad:, +0.5:yuck:? That way, two Cottages would have the same effect as once city population point. (The citizens must be entertained!) Forest Preserves increase happiness so surely you can code an improvement that decreases happiness?

While I can make improvements cause unhappiness I cannot make them cause fractional unhappiness.

Referring to an essentially medieval organization of labor, one dominated by individual free citizens? That would make sense. Classically it was the craftsmen who enjoyed the most liberties and rights in such societies, at least among the commoners.

'Craftsmanship' suffers from a similar issue to 'Professionalism'; the most common use of the word these days refers to the quality of the good that's been made. The civic is not just about craftsmen (or merchants) either; its about the first emergence of the private sector and the middle class, individuals and families making a living by trading goods and services with each other, rather getting what they need directly from the state or the land. Whatever name we go with, it has to be broad enough to encompass all of that.

Speaking of civic names, I'm not too happy with 'Organized Religion' and 'Free Religion.' 'Organized Religion' is, again, too broad. The best name for a civic that emerges from Priesthood, one that presents a clear contrast with Paganism, demands not only proper ritual but inner faith, enables missionaries and brings communities together to construct great works, is Orthodoxy. 'Free Religion,' meanwhile, is simply a contraction of 'freedom of religion.' It works fine alongside 'Free Market' and 'Free Speech' in BtS, but I've always found it a bit passive. A society that does not merely tolerate diversity but celebrates it: that would be 'Pluralism' or 'Multiculturalism.'

I like 'Orthodoxy' and 'Pluralism', they contrast nicely with Fundamentalism, Altruism and Rationalism too; less about the structure of religion and more about the state's philosophical approach. I'll make the change.

Note that Organized Religion can allow that easy proselytizing and rapid production of missionaries for religions other than the state one; one of my favorite tactics is to spread around two or three religions through my cities and reap the science bonus from multiple monasteries.

A minority religion can be Organized too; the question on my mind is whether "Orthodoxy" adequately covers that.

Not perfect but I think it will cover it well enough. Orthodoxy doesn't automatically imply exclusiveness like Fundamentalism does (though some sects use it as a more 'polite' synonym), just structure and convention. I think since we'd have the two along side each other it would be enough to highlight the distinction.

I'll comment on Quarries, Lumbermills, and Cottages, when I have more time.

"Artisanship?" I mean, I don't think we should be totally tied down by 20th century usages- "Redistribution" in a modern economy means something rather different from what it meant in ancient Babylonia too.

But "artisanship" gets across the idea of the individual skilled laborer who wasn't just a subsistence farmer, or a slave of the god-king-priests-whatever.

I've come up with a solution for Cottages that I'm quite happy with, particularly as it solves another problem: the currently lacklustre Public Transport building.

Requires Employment
• +1:commerce with Democracy (Village and Town only)
• +1:yuck: (Village and Town only)

Public Transport
Requires Combustion
Cost: 280
• +10%:hammers: with Oil
• +10%:commerce: with Oil
• +1:health:
• No :yuck: from Village, Town

Note that Public Transport is unlocked by the same tech (Combustion) that obsoletes the Stable with its +10%:hammers: bonuses from Horses and Elephants. The bonuses from the latter are thus replaced by the former. I've set both to Oil but I'm open to suggestions for a second resource to be linked.

I've decided to leave resource depletion out of 1.18 and set resource discovery to 7500, halfway between the current rate for Mines (10000) and Farms (5000). I think that's a safe value to start with and we can make adjustments for 1.19 once we have more experience on how the system plays.

Top Bottom