Female Trooper

SaibotLieh

Emperor
I tried myself a bit at animation merging. As a result I created a female Trooper that uses a gun (SAM Infantry animation) and a saber (Swordsman animation). The SAM Infantry animation had to be modified by exchanging the right arm animation with the idle animation from the Swordsman. Further the unit uses some Scout animations and a custom fortify animation made by me using Blender. :)

And that's enough with the boring stuff, here are some screen shots:
Spoiler :

And of course the download link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16579

Enjoy! :)

great work - i´m mostly too lazy to merge texture, but i know how "unfunny" this kind of work is.

So again: great work :)

So glad you are still doing models for the greatest civ game. I hope to include this model in one of my mods very soon. Keep up the good work.
I'll try, just doing a lot of other stuff at the moment. But at least you won't have to worry that I might change to Civ 5 anytime soon. :)
great work - i´m mostly too lazy to merge texture, but i know how "unfunny" this kind of work is.

So again: great work :)
Thanks. True, merging textures is not the funniest part in unit creation, but at least it isn't as unpleasent as trying to reduce the polycount. ;)

and i wanted to write "merging animation" - and iirc i wasn´t trunken. :lol:

but you are right, reducing the polycount is something i also don´t like. Luckily i normally don´t import/convert units. And if i see one of my units goes will have much to many polys, i restart with modelling. It´s faster for me than trying to reduce the polycount :crazyeye:

and i wanted to write "merging animation" - and iirc i wasn´t trunken. :lol:

but you are right, reducing the polycount is something i also don´t like. Luckily i normally don´t import/convert units. And if i see one of my units goes will have much to many polys, i restart with modelling. It´s faster for me than trying to reduce the polycount :crazyeye:
I already wondered why you would talk about the textures in this case. :lol:

Merging the animations was a bit more work than I expected to be, but I just wanted to test it. I guess my next try would go a bit faster, but to tell the truth I'm already out of ideas at the moment. :rolleyes:

Having more control on the polycount is one of the many advantages when you create own units from the scratch. I'm just better in modifying already existing stuff, especially since I'm mostly doing human-shaped units.
is it my imagination or their left hands are broken??? :D
:confused: What makes you think that?

Top Bottom