FF051 OoS thread.

Merddyn

Scholar of the Arcane
I predict you'll be seeing a lot of these posts in the future from me. I get a lot of OoS errors. -_-;

... Unfortunately, I don't have the random number logs set up yet. I'll take care of that with the next game (Which is unlikely to be the next OoS error.)

Edit: A few turns after that, I traded maps with the Khazad and CTD. I suspect that will be true of that save too.

Attachments

• FF051 Turn 341 OoS.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
Posted logs are almost certainly a random number being off. Too many small, inconsequential differences to be much of anything else. Perfect bundle though, look forward to having the Random Number logs as well. Let me know if you need help figuring out where to find them/how to set it up.

Dunno if this is helpful, but wanted to report absolutly, positively zero oos errors or crashes in a Huge!!!/Lakes (30% water, huuuuge continent) map game that got to turn 361.

(We ended it there because the huge/Lakes map was just too big and too boring because I hadn't put enough AI civs on the map. The vast areas of open wilderness were neat, but not condusive to actual MOAR WAR)

Always nice to have positive feedback. So often I get the feeling that NOTHING works since it isn't interesting/worthwhile to post "I just didn't crash. Oh look, I just didn't crash again. Damn, 3 seconds straight that I didn't crash!"

Might be worth knowing which civs you had in the game, just in case something crops up later where others are incapable of having a non-OOS game.

Always nice to have positive feedback. So often I get the feeling that NOTHING works since it isn't interesting/worthwhile to post "I just didn't crash. Oh look, I just didn't crash again. Damn, 3 seconds straight that I didn't crash!"

Might be worth knowing which civs you had in the game, just in case something crops up later where others are incapable of having a non-OOS game.

All Lairs/Barbarian options at standard. (This is notable - all the bells and whistles but Dark Forests were on and still no issues. Props to nailing whatever the crashy thing was in the lair code!)

No Technology Brokering, Religion-Based Interfaces, Broader Alignments, Flavor Start, Log Random Numbers, Turn Timer(Slow), All Victories Enabled (standard speed)

Player Civilizations: Calabim(Me), Archos(My Assistant)

NPC Civilizations: Dural, Malakim, Austrin, Chislev, Sidar, Hippus, Lanun, Amurites.
----------------
I'd just like to add that the turn swaps were very zippy, no massive periods of time where I could hear the music before an AI popped up to demand something (a few times they even made reasonable trades! 0_o) and in general I was pretty impressed. It felt a lot like playing Fall From Heaven 2 at its core with MOAR STUFF, instead of playing it in slow motion starting around 300 or so turns. My buddy declared war and starting bashing the Austrin as Archos, and since we'd started as a team due to the testing, he had a pretty hefty tech advantage. But they still caused him a lot of trouble until he got the Baron (who is now, honestly, broken as #@#$ and I'll probabaly be disabling him by the options, because his strength buffs as he becomes a stronger werewolf make him quickly ridiculous...) and my Vampire Phaneul to start cracking cities, which, considering he was Archos and they're not known for having crap troops, is also impressive.

I lost my capital around turn 125 to a str 4+1 Poison, Combat 5, Drill 2 Goblin Wolf Rider which nerfed me hard enough to result in me pretty much researching techs for the spider-guy and not doing a whole lot other than trying to eek out a crud existence on the shoreline till around turn 300, so I can't comment on how any other NPCs handled the vampires, other than that to say the removal of Death from them is still a good idea, because they just feel like hungry champions and not mutant Adepts.

Got an OOS promptly when the AI Clan of Embers used their worldspell. Going to try to get randomlogs from the players involved.

EDIT: It was turn 79.

EDIT2: A second crash on turn 83. Jotnar player moved a unit and the game exploded into little chunks, OOS-wise. Still trying to get OOS logs for that but I hear it's pretty common w/ Jots.

Attachments

• OOS79.7z
    20.2 KB · Views: 77
Can't get the logs for the Jotnar crash :( Because the game does not appear to have generated an OOS for me on the turn 83 crash for whatever reason.

But I have another crash - turn 132. Kuriotates still cause an OOS with their humongous build radii not working, I think - it's another "gold digit is wrong" issue.

Attachments

• OOS132.7z
    22.2 KB · Views: 77
Thanks, got me to look at the City Plot radius information again and I found that in one place there was a safeguard which would make working a plot outside of your radius correct itself almost instantly which was altered to be useless, and in another there was a new safeguard written, but in the wrong location, making it ALSO useless.

So, hopefully now it is impossible to find yourself working a plot outside of your normal radius.

Also I improved the OOS logger yet again so now it will tell me specifically which plots are being worked. Then if it really is working a different plot we can figure out for certain, and add more information about the plots to find out why at that point.

Thanks, got me to look at the City Plot radius information again and I found that in one place there was a safeguard which would make working a plot outside of your radius correct itself almost instantly which was altered to be useless, and in another there was a new safeguard written, but in the wrong location, making it ALSO useless.

So, hopefully now it is impossible to find yourself working a plot outside of your normal radius.

Also I improved the OOS logger yet again so now it will tell me specifically which plots are being worked. Then if it really is working a different plot we can figure out for certain, and add more information about the plots to find out why at that point.

Stellar. That'll be ready for next patch? My two testers favor the Kuriotates and Jotnar pretty heavily, and I play Scions, so we tend to find OOS pretty quick with plot radii or the Scion HLs.
Any luck with the For The Horde worldspell?

Already included in the files for the next patch.

Haven't had a look at For the Horde in great detail yet, but I didn't see any of the "classic" OOS causing features in the code. My suspicion had been that it was in the AI programming for which units to hire and which ones to fire.

we have not been able to connect multiplayer, We can play single player. WE used to be able to play mulitplayer. Also I have crashed on the first turn of multiplayer for as long as I can remember. I play as the clinet. If I could figue out how to play as the host I could see if that still holds. I have never been able to get this modem to let me play as the host. Short of calling at&t.

I hope that you can still figure out the problem for stuff from 051 non-patched, since that's what this save game was for. ... Didn't exactly get all the files from my brother when I asked him for them. -_-

Are these at least all the necessary files for when it's the most up to date version?

Attachments

• FFHx OOS Logs.rar
    748.5 KB · Views: 59
I can always look at the logs, just can't toy with the savegame any post-patch. Can't do much with MP Savegames anyhow, so usually not an issue.

EDIT: Looks like it is the issue of workers outside the allowed working radius again. So should be fixed with next patch.

So, I have another OoS log set for you, gotten the error several turns of loading and starting up again in a row. Also keep getting a TON of memory allocation errors on the Scion player (and all of us have gotten it at least once) including just when starting up. Furthermore, it seems whenever I (the Amurite player) have a fireball die on attack, the number of units supplied goes up... And never goes back down. It doesn't do this when they win, nor have I tested if it happens from bombarding or just sitting idle and disappearing from end of turn death.

Regardless, having the cost of my empire go up by several gold a turn for using fireballs to weaken enemies is really irritating, especially when that cost is greater than the total cost for everything else (and I don't even have half as many units built as are being paid for supplies.)

Attachments

• FF051B OOS Logs.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
Hmmm. Bout to start a new game as the Amurites, but maybe not, now.

Any chance of some XML for a fix for those of us who can do so? Or Python?

Sorry, haven't got the time for at least another 2 weeks to really look into the cause of any bugs or OOS issues unless they jump out at me as pretty obvious for what caused them :( The FIreballs was an easy test I could set up between projects, so got a lucky break in seeing proof.

Top Bottom