FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU (The Rage Thread)

I've failed the Japanese 3rd UHV by One Point to France.

I got the opposite when playing the 3000 BC start with the old date: when I spawned, Rome was going strong and dominating the world of science, culture, economy and military by several hundred points in overall score. They were ahead of me by 1000 points when I spawned (although that sounds too much in hindsight) but little by little in the span of next 2000 years I started to catch up to them. When 1500 AD finally came, I beat them to top score by 3 to 5 points. :lol:

It went for a long time until they collapsed, too. You can imagine my face 500 years before the deadline as I started to realize the top player in the game won't be collapsing, with me struggling to get a stable, running empire.

I recently failed the 3rd Japanese UHV (1st to complete the tech tree), because I had to stupidly over-expand to get a higher school than a super Spain, which slowed down my research enough so that I needed about 8-9 more turns to finish everything when time ran out.

I was playing Germany and after building a few units marched down to Italy. Then realized they had Crossbowmen. x( But in a refreshing switch, the Byzantines suicided on Venice and I managed to take it.

Then I got to Rome. and France declared on me. So I had to actually put a garrison in Venice while dealing with the horrendous -4% per turn against Rome from my 1 Treb and 3 Cats. I finally throw everything at Rome and manage to take it with one wounded axemen in the city. I then look around and see a French horsearcher sitting right outside of Rome, ready to take the city from my Axemen! I go to Louis for peace and he won't do it without Rome (smart bastard). I sadly resorted to WB for this situation but JEEZ. I did not feel bad when I was enslaving *repatriating* his nation.

I sadly resorted to WB for this situation

Cheater!

I couldn't continue the game after doing that...
The only things I use WB for is replacing Holy cities and deleting Islam out of Europe. :p

It's your own fault. Don't begin conquering Rome before you have at least Knights or Macemen.

If you were smart, you would have left 2 wounded units in Rome, and the French horse archer would have tried to take on the wounded units, and then you can capture it. "Borrow a knife to kill."
I do it all the time either as the French, Germans or Spanish.

You should've kept playing without going into wb. So what if france takes rome? It shouldn't be too hard to take it back considering the horse archer will be wounded and it gets no defense bonus.

Except by the third time the city is captured it'll be dead certain there won't be any infrastructure left. I don't know about you but I have better use for :hammers: than rebuilding forges, granaries and markets to multinously captured cities.

I had 3 swordsmen and 5 catapults ready to raze the obnoxious barbarian city to the north when i sent a tireme up there and saw this. Feels bad man.

Attachments

• 16 axemen.jpg
    16 axemen.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 715
As if infrastructure matters. You wouldn't raze Rome would you?

I'm going to raze Rome one time as Russia and found Livorno 1 tile north-west.

It's in the citynamemanager-map...

Noobs: It's where Rhye lives.

I had 3 swordsmen and 5 catapults ready to raze the obnoxious barbarian city to the north when i sent a tireme up there and saw this. Feels bad man.

Being unstable, wouldn't it be better to not raze cities atm? :) They produce units quite slowly anyway.

Being unstable, wouldn't it be better to not raze cities atm? :) They produce units quite slowly anyway.

idk, but I'm more stable now and I'm tired of barbs attacking me. (It's what caused my instability in the first place). Idk how I'm gonna capture this city though :confused:

Playing as France, I spent around 20 turns sieging Mediolanum. There was 1 weak catapult left, and I was gong to take the next turn. Then a barbarian axman from Roma comes and razes the city!!!! :mad:[pissed]

Playing as Russia (in Warlords RFC), I send my Horse archers straight into eastern/central Europe.

I find both Rome and Greece have collapsed due to instability, so I take Athenai and Roma from the Independants. :)

Then, just as I prepare a settler to send into the Balkans to give me a secure route to the cities, Germany founds Dobruja (a black-sea Romanian port city) completely cutting me off from Athenai and Roma. Plus, I have no Black-sea ports to build Galleys to move reinforcements or workers to them. :mad:

Tl;dr I had to declare war on Germany despite a ridiculous tech disadvantage (I was often forced to charge Knights against musketmen and cannons).

Thankfully, due to some ridiculous favouritism from the combat odds (highlight was a Horse Archer beating a city-fortifying Longbowman despite the <5% success rate) I managed EVENTUALLY to knock them back to just Hamburg, upon which they collapsed due to instability.

NEVER AGAIN. :sad:

Haven't you learned the Budapest trick already? (Send one of your initial settlers over there)

Notice that Indian Empire (China's Tributary Shendu State) won't die, I should have killed them!:nono:

I conquered Delhi BC ago and they were like unstable for many years, who would have thought those Chinese would love to keep them as pets... :( BTW this is viceroy, so yeah, everyone can pretty much conquer on that difficulty except me... GAH I HATE MYSELF! :(

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 516
Okay so I'm playing as Spain. I'm doing my usual destroy Portugal as soon as possible strategy, so I already had an army ready to conquer them way before they spawned. It wasn't a huge army, just enough to destroy what Portugal has. On the same turn they spawn a barbarian uprising occures on the one non spanish tile in iberia. Those 6 axemen flip to them. They immediately declare war on me and France joins them. Portugal captures madrid and santiago and France captures barcelona. I lose.

Top Bottom