FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU (The Rage Thread)

He's Japan, for goodness' sake! That's like respecting France's souvereignty when playing Germany :D

Germany, first 2 UHVs completed, and trying to charge through the tech tree while keeping production high enough to keep a standing army to fend off all my angry neighbors. Stability dropping, dropping, dropping . . .

Oh look, more than half my cities just left. Oh look, 2 of those cities had all of my modern armor sitting in it along with a few wonders each. Those independents were pretty pissy at me. Luckily I raced to Mech Inf and the German unique ability allowed me to upgrade my army for free so I only lost one other city to conquest. Stupid Americans, my vassal, nearly beat me to the end of the tech tree. Have to say, this was probably one of the funnest games I have played with the added tension at end and barely pulling it out in the end.

More rage:

This time I decided to give the Babylonians a whirl. Didn't think I'd get the UHV trifecta but I'd just keep playing along anyway. Saladin shows up and declares war. Meh, I was expecting him. My cities have walls, lots of culture, plenty of spearmen, some bowmen, some plague . . .

Plague?!?! *$&% #*$&% @*#*$ I think my neighbors heard my stream of expletives.

Yeah, plague hits me the turn Saladin is marching to my front door, thus allowing him to snag two cities without so much as a casualty.

More rage:

This time I decided to give the Babylonians a whirl. Didn't think I'd get the UHV trifecta but I'd just keep playing along anyway. Saladin shows up and declares war. Meh, I was expecting him. My cities have walls, lots of culture, plenty of spearmen, some bowmen, some plague . . .

Plague?!?! *$&% #*$&% @*#*$ I think my neighbors heard my stream of expletives.

Yeah, plague hits me the turn Saladin is marching to my front door, thus allowing him to snag two cities without so much as a casualty.

Yeah babylon is a racket. Plague almost always hits them right about when Arabia spawns.
I am currently playing Babylon going for Culture Victory. I own the 3 highest cities, but one of my cities is really being racked by Turkish culture. I know I don't have 80% culture in their tiles yet so that's why I don't own them - but c'mon, my cities are the 3 best in the world...why don't they own 80% yet? (It's like 1850AD)

(yeah, I know that's not very fast - and I'm still not even close to victory. I hope I survive until, oh maybe 1920 without collapsing - but I might not. And that would mean disaster for my proposed victory type :eek: )

I own the 3 highest cities, but one of my cities is really being racked by Turkish culture. I know I don't have 80% culture in their tiles yet so that's why I don't own them - but c'mon, my cities are the 3 best in the world...why don't they own 80% yet? (It's like 1850AD)

If the tiles are in the turkish spawn zone, they get all the culture that has been "produced" untill that point, at the time of their spawn - thus you need to produce quite a lot of new culture to get 80% of that figure.

The turkish UP converts most foreign culture into their own.

but that's only triggered when a city flips or is conquered.

If the tiles are in the turkish spawn zone, they get all the culture that has been "produced" untill that point, at the time of their spawn - thus you need to produce quite a lot of new culture to get 80% of that figure.

oh ouch! I didn't know they get all culture produced up to that point?
I guess no wonder I'm not at 80% yet! (at 72 in my best tile, average around 70%)

No. When you conquer a city, you get "its" culture. The UP doesn't create new culture, so cities founded by you are completely unaffected.

Wait til the next plague, then declare war and raze that city while his defense is weakened.

But the tile has accumulated culture. When Turkish culture reaches the tile part of this culture becomes Turkish.

Are you sure that's not just from the culture conversion at the spawn?

I'm not sure anymore which situation you're talking about. Could you please elaborate?

Wait til the next plague, then declare war and raze that city while his defense is weakened.

yeah, if I did that I most certainly wouldn't make it until 1920 without collapsing:crazyeye:

Never played Turkey long enough but often as Romans I have Constantinople. When Turkey spawns it takes culturally some of important tiles. Constantinople is starving. I fight them culturally back. Then the city in Anatolia grows it cultural borders and takes fishes from Constantinople (arggh!). I fight them culturally back again. But more to come- their capital is going to expand borders yet again. They do. I take army, raze their cities, they collapse. In every story there has to be a good ending.

Top Bottom