FfH 2 Manual

I would like to get to that point, but preferrably without going through and changing all of my black text. If I just made it have White text on a Dark (non-Printing) background then the manual would be unprintable (as white text on white paper tends not to work so well).

For now I think that I will just ditch the darker background idea and get all the data entered. Then I can focus on fixing it up graphically, going through and changing font colors and whatnot if needed. For now, I might have to just let Guilds take the same color as Religions (or maybe slightly different) and move the Pink to spells. Such a pain to find enough distinct colors for everything I want to cover. Let alone get them all to show up nicely on a certain background.

The content is far more important than the appearance anyway.

Good luck :)

Shouldn't this thread by a sticky?

It used to be stickied but when it got to out of date it was unstickied

Edit: Doh! I thought this was gray fox's manual!!! :lol:

On the contrary, this is the up-to-date one.

And improving constantly. :)

I've been looking through the updated (1.83) version of the manual and I can easily say it's fantastic. Great work Xienwolf, thank you! I've learned some stuff from there, like the exact revolt chance Loki adds to the city he is in.

I believe I saw a few incomplete entries, and would like to share them:

The Ingenuity trait also adds 50 starting gold and stacks with Guild of Hammers upgrade cost reduction.
The Spiritual trait also gives double production speed for temples.
For weapon upgrades, access to Iron comes with Iron Working; and I believe the "1 tech before they can be used" is incorrect because Mithril is both revealed and utilised by Mithril Working.
Elohim World Spell entry has "Teammate" misspelled as "Teamate".
Casting "Peace" kills Corlindale afaik.
I'm not sure about this but Chanter should also have -%50 city attack.
Losha Valas gains the Immortal promotion after defeating a living unit, instead of any unit.
Warrens doesn't grant the benefit neither from the buildings in the city nor wonders nor civics to the unit it clones (Form of the Titan, Apprenticeship).
Could add that a Luonnotar could be sacrificed to construct an Altar of Luonnotar.
Infernal civilization keeps the "Fallow" trait even if Hyborem dies.
The Dwarven Vault's first and last levels need to have <= and >= respectively, i.e. Empty: <=49 gold per city, Overflowing >=500 gold per city.
Jeweler doesn't just add %5 gold but %5 gold from Gems, Gold and Pearls, doesn't add any gold on its own.
Rathus Denmora might be getting penalty on City Attack/Defense, I'm not sure.
Gypsy camp also gives -%5 GPP to the city it's in.
Unyielding Order is destroyed if there's no Prior or Sphener in the tile.
I believe Blood of the Phoenix ritual grants the Immortal promotion to living units only.
Repair doesn't completely heal Siege, Naval and Golem units, but it's like %20-25 of the unit's full health.
Sheut Stone is misspelled as Shuet Stone in the promotions page.

Guess that's all I was able to take notice. I know some are not important like the minor typos, but seeing how much effort you've put into this, I thought you might as well like it perfect. I'm sorry if some minor corrections offend you. I'm not %100 sure of every single correction, but I believe I got most of them right. And again, thank you for this great manual Xienwolf, it's truly awesome.

EDIT: And, oh, Beastman receives the regular %25 city defense instead of the %20 stated in the manual I believe.

Ingenuity + Guild of Hammers = 25% total upgrade price, right? Not free?

Pretty sure that the Luonnotar can no longer be used to build the Altars.

The rest are most likely correct and quite appreciated. I'll check things out and fix them up. Anyone else with correction PLEASE feel free to post them :)

Ingenuity + Guild of Hammers = 25% total upgrade price, right? Not free?

Yeah, that's what I meant by stacking; as in (Original Price) * 1/2* 1/2 = (Original Price)/4. I suggested this one just as a reminder for the peeps who browse the manual, like the reminder where you said Great Commander, Valor and Raider trait are stacking.

Pretty sure that the Luonnotar can no longer be used to build the Altars.

Didn't know that, I stand corrected :D.

thanks for the manual...my comments :)

strategy for the lanun:
"led by falamar they'll grow quickly thanks to rapid border expansion and cheaper lighthouses"

this isn't true as falamar isn't creative/organized but charismatic/expansive

That's what I get for leaving old text in the manual :) I had generally attempted to avoid mentioning specific strategies and individual Leaders, but at first revision I was quite short on how much I had to say about the Lanun. Looking at it now it would seem that later I found a bit more to say, but didn't clip the original filler junk :p

Got them all checked and entered now:

Chanters do indeed get a penalty on City Attack as well.
Rathus Does not get a penalty on either Attack nor Defense of a City.
Gypsy Camp is a flat -1 GPP, not a percentage. But I was still missing it :)
Beastman gets 20% City Attack, but retains the standard 25% City Defense.

Thanks again for taking the time to write up the errors. Keep them coming :)

just a friendly little bump :)

edit: or maybe this thread could be stickied and Grey Fox's thread unstickied? since Grey Fox's is outdated.

Finally took a look at it. VERY spiffy!

The Nether Blade entry doesn't mention the +2 death:strength:

Great manual though!! :goodjob:

Top Bottom