1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FFH] The Story of the Calabim

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Lone Wolf, Jul 25, 2011.

1. inohotep

inohotep Slender Time!

how is there only one page?:hmm:

2. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

You created the second one :p

3. inohotep

inohotep Slender Time!

the irony:suicide:...

4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

It's still one page for me. I blame different user account parameters.

5. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Continued.

Os-Gabella declared war on Thessa. We immediately bribed her off with Theology.

Meanwhile, we completely crush the Bannor:

The city of Gongaga was initially captured by the Hippus, but then recaptured back by the Grigori, allowing me to capture it for myself.

We capture the Grigori city of Sliktor, that separates the Bannor core from the Bannor snowlands:

And make peace with Cassiel. His Mithril-armoured troops are not that easy to kill.

Trade.

This Knight actually lost that battle. These Bannor are sure sturdy!

Our master bower has grafted a new bow design. Also, we can't eliminate the Bannor due to his remaining cities being cut off by mountains and countries who aren't willing to sign Open Borders with us.

But then, Flauros received news from his spies in the Luchuirp lands. Garrim Gyr had lately behaved strangely. No longer he seemed to be the embodiment of goody-two-shoesness he was earlier. Flauros immediately knew what that meant - Garrim had discarded the teachings of Lugus and adopted Esus as his patron. Only weak and foolish Einion still clang to his old god of "Truth". Flauros then joined the cult of Esus himself

We signed Open Borders with the Luchuirp and conquered all Bannor cities.

Thessa teaches us the secrets of Mithril weapons. We indeed have one source of Mithril, in the former Infernal territory.

Upon seeing the gracious Elven dwellings consumed by fire, we bribe Os-Gabella to sign peace with Thessa again.

Our army is next to the Grigori lands again.

They have their own army:

The Grigori attack us in battle next to the city of Nibelheim. We suffer causalities (compare our army to that on previous screenshot) but the Grigori army had been completely scattered:

After this huge battle, the Grigori resistance collapses. Rhoanna joins in the fun and captures one Grigori city, too.

By Season 479, we capture almost all of Grigori cities. He still has one, captured from the Ljosalfar, far away. We sign peace.

After this war, we embark on a massive cultural program, building theaters (which stage dramas about the clear superiority of the Calabim, their strength, their nobility, their grace as they devour the souls of their victims). The Calabim mages secretly complete the "Birthright Regained" dark ritual, that allows the Vampires to do a grand hunt on Erebus one more time.

After it, our empire becomes very close to the Domination limit.

To complete Flauros' dreams, he backstabs Garrim - after all that's what the deceptive worshippers of Esus are supposed to do.

The next turn after we capture the Luchirp cities of Hexam and Jubilee, one of our stacks is hit with some Fire spells and almost eliminated by the Iron Golems. Hexam is recaptured, and Guell, a minor city of ours is also captured.

But this doesn't matter much, because our capture of Jubilee

Granted us a Domination victory.

The Vampires. Forever dominant.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  6. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

During all our wars, we killed

13 Adepts
    4 Imps
    2 Angels
    1 Angel of Death
    13 Archers
    136 Arquebusiers
    12 Assasins
    26 Axemen
    3 Moroi (who turned Barbarian on us)
    11 Cannons
    23 Catapults
    38 Champions
    22 Dragon Slayers
    1 Iron Golem
    48 Chariots
    2 Skeletons
    Sphener
    Probably a couple of more units I've missed

Here's the Power rating though the ages. Note the events between the two red lines.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  7. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

Good work with the game! Except the story ended with only two pages :sad:

8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

It's still one page for me :p

And I usually write with only the minimum amount of flavor, and after I captured and secured the core Bannor cities, the outcome was never really in doubt due the size of my territory and the sheer production force of Governor's Manors, combined with the Fin/Org combo. The Luchuirp were the only ones who could threaten me, but they missed the opportunity (and in the end were busy fighting Os-Gabella).

It was quite pleasing to see the Luchuirp being such a strong AI. Typically, they are quite weak.
    The Hippus were weaker then usual - they didn't have anyone to early rush and had some problems with the barbarians later on.
    The Elohim did the refusal to expand conga which is sometimes present even in vanilla Civ. This contributed to the Dwarves' power.
    The Sheaim early on attempted to conquer the Ljosalfar, but were repulsed by the March of Trees wordspell. After this, they've spent the whole game in a state of mediocrity, before receiving some major PWN at the Luchuirp hands at the very end.
    The Ljosalfar were the chief economic power early in the game, but then bugged out. However, they remained my valuable trade partner 'till the end.

9. inohotep

inohotep Slender Time!

so, were you in the modern age equivilent before your victory

and was that fire spell the FFH nuke equivilent?

10. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Yes. I usually prefer conquering my world with all the cool toys at the middle and the end on the tech tree. I was nearing Future Techs in the end.

No, FFH has no nuke equivalent. Can't remember what it was - probably fireballs, or maybe something connected to Garrim's previous religion.

11. AJ11

AJ11 Emperor

Let's put it this way... Arquebuses are like Mech Armour in the normal game. Mithril Weapons are like Modern Armour :)

12. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

That was a great story, even if it was only one or two pages! I wouldn't mind a sequel, actually. :goodjob:

13. inohotep

inohotep Slender Time!

:agree: good idea Olaf, 32 points:goodjob:

14. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

Yes, great story, but it was so short it didnt even make it on Central! I will put this in "stories that deserve mention" most likely :)

15. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

This calabim mod has so much unique special effects other than that unmoded version of bts. Good pics.

16. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

The mod is not called calabim but Fall from Heaven, the website can be found here