1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FFH TweakMod

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Rystic, May 10, 2009.

1. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

My ultimate plan for the Elohim is to make them not just defend unique features, but the world itself. Like making Hell Terrain spread slower if the Elohim control more Unique Features, and stop spreading altogether if they control all of them (even in Infernal territory). Another idea I had was making their cultural expansions go further, like the Kuriotates used to.

As far as penalties, the Elohim are known for fighting evil, so I was going to make their War Weariness when they kill a unit from a Good Empire.

2. cabbagemeister

cabbagemeister Please wait...

Sounds interesting. Probably the effect should be on the Armageddon Counter rather than the Hell Terrain, since the AC events are what can really affect a game.

Not a bad idea, though I'd argue that the mechanic should be something that rewards them for fighting evil, rather than something that punishes them for fighting good. You don't want the Elohim to suffer if e.g. the Bannor declare on them out of the blue.

3. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

I never mind people suggesting things for the mod. That's what it's all about. I have to admit something, I keep trying to add options, but they won't appear. Even when I tried adding my Diverse Barbarians option, it didn't show up, and I have no idea why (No Maintenance, No War Weariness, and No Inflation showed up because they were already in. I just made them visible).

4. Sephi

Sephi Deity

To add a gameoption you have to modify CvEnums.h in the dll

5. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

Grumble. I don't plan to change the .dll. Only the python and XML.

6. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Yeah, gameoptions for wildmana forced me into the DLL as well. :lol:

After you get it set up, it's quite easy to add the option, only one line apiece in two files. Have to make sure they are both located in the same place relative to other options, and that the xml portion is the same as well.

7. cabbagemeister

Suggestion for a tweak: take a look at toning down the ridiculous blights that seem to have started with .41. I've seen 39:yuck: in a size 10 city, and 85+:yuck: in a size 35 city. I think these values are too high :)yuck: that's more than 2x the population almost guarantees a city goes down to size 1, unless it's WELL under its health cap). I'm also not convinced that the AI is affected by Blight to the same extent as the human.

8. orgonebox

orgonebox Squidtastic

Okay, I can't seem to get this mod to work. I copied my FfH2 folder, renamed it "tweakmod", deleted the xml and python folders, then replaced them with the downloaded versions. That didn't seem to work. Then I merged the tweakmod python and xml folders with the original ffh folders that I copied, with the same result - regular old ffh. Has this been updated to work with 3.19 and .41b?

9. cabbagemeister

Playing with the Amurites, I'm noticing some oddness with the cost of the Student of Kylorin -> Wizard upgrade--sometimes it costs 65 gold, and sometimes it costs 175 gold. 175 gold is a LOT for a T3 upgrade that the main part of your army will have to do.

10. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

Could it be that your units are sometimes in cities and sometimes not? I think that the upgrade costs can vary depending on the location of the unit.

11. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

It's happening because of the way I made Amurite Adepts upgradable. They're actually two units, one that can upgrade to Macemen, Archer, etc, and one that can't. I switch them in Python at 4th-level. I set a different initial hammer cost to the upgrading one, which up'd the gold cost. All I have to do is readjust the cost and it'll be fine.

12. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Does this work for 3.19 patch b at the moment?

13. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

Yes, I updated it for 3.19.

14. orgonebox

orgonebox Squidtastic

So what's the idiot-proof installation procedure? As I wrote previously, un-raring the xml and python folders to a copied and renamed ffh2 folder and then launching from that copied folder didn't work - all was regular ffh2.

Otherwise it looks like a fun modmod.

Thanks.

15. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

Launching it from the folder might be causing it. Try loading up Civ and going to Advanced-->Load a Mod-->TweakMod.

16. orgonebox

orgonebox Squidtastic

That's the ticket. Haven't launched a game of BTS from the main menu in so long that I practically forgot it was there.

17. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

Glad to hear it's working :)

18. cabbagemeister

Why is this now the case? I used to be able to just copy and replace the folders into Assets, but now with 3.19 I have to load the mod?

19. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

This is happening to you, too?

20. cabbagemeister

Yes, I upgraded to 3.19 and played 150 turns of a Tweakmod Amurite game before I got to KotE and found that I couldn't build Circle of Galean or cast Ancestral Fire. I frankly should have realized it earlier, since the AI was back to teching very slowly :)