FfH version 1.10f

Chalid said:
Ja Doviello Scout.

One other thing. You have to put your Alignment code somewhere else. The leaderhead information is not stored in the savegame, so Alignment changes are lost upon reload. (And one cannot recalculate them on reload as you can archive an alignment with two changes of religion, that is not your innitial alignment, nor the alignment of your religion. eg. Good Civ -> veil => evil -> fellowshop => still evil)

Sounds like we may have an art problem with the scout, or some way ive implemented the scout.

The alignment is my bad. I had it being written in the save games as an info object but when I switched it to the player object I didn't include it in the save and load process. I fix it, thanks for the heads up.

Should an Elven Hunter get penalized for moving in normal Forests? It looks like they do now.

We could add some Racial specials directly to the Race Promotion if not already done. Eg. Elfes movement in wood, Demons always heal and so forth. We might tha even hand the promotions out for units that are not uniqe units and not mechanized (eg. settler, worker, priest, disciple, and so forth)

A few minor issues:

-My Adept didn't get a free promotion when upgraded to Conjurer. Maybe because he had just leveled up and because I then chose a new promotion for him just before I upgraded him.

-Should Loki gain xp? Right now his development is completely static, is this meant to be?

-The summoning chamber can still be built, but I don't really see what the purpose of it is anymore. Right now it just seems to be 1 unhappiness.

Corlindale said:
A few minor issues:

-My Adept didn't get a free promotion when upgraded to Conjurer. Maybe because he had just leveled up and because I then chose a new promotion for him just before I upgraded him.

Ill check it out, I thought the xp boost would garuntee a level up.

-Should Loki gain xp? Right now his development is completely static, is this meant to be?

Nope, he's non-combat.

-The summoning chamber can still be built, but I don't really see what the purpose of it is anymore. Right now it just seems to be 1 unhappiness.

I havent stripped them yet because Im waiting for your guys feedback. Assuming you guys are cool with the upgrade only units I'll strip the buildings.

Unitcreated isnt kicking on upgrade so units wont get there level when they upgrade. Ill get it fixed.

loki1232 said:
But then how does loki learn new spells?

He doesn't, he is an early game unit. Quite an advantage for the Balseraphs out of the gate, but he becomes less useful as the game goes on.

Is this normal:

I started a game in the second era as Ljosalfar and my started units included a settler, worker, Elven Hunter, and 2 Gilden Silverics!?!?!? And they were each gaining xp.

woodelf said:
Is this normal:

I started a game in the second era as Ljosalfar and my started units included a settler, worker, Elven Hunter, and 2 Gilden Silverics!?!?!? And they were each gaining xp.

Yeah, the vanilla code for starting eras doesn't take limits into account when handing out starting units. I'll see what I can do.

I've been starting in the 2nd era since 0.80 on occassion and have never seen this before. I thought I was in for a great game until I realized the AI might have 2 even better Heroes, so I started a new game in era one. ;)

woodelf said:
I've been starting in the 2nd era since 0.80 on occassion and have never seen this before. I thought I was in for a great game until I realized the AI might have 2 even better Heroes, so I started a new game in era one. ;)

Its always been like that, if you started in later ages you would have gotten multiple duins. You still have to have the requirements (meaning the unit has to just have just a tech requirement) so you will only have heroes you could have build.

I dont really mind that it hands out heroes, i dont like that it doesnt check the global limit when it does it.

Really? I've never been handed Heroes before. But I guess they were always based on Religion before and not the civ itself.

Chalid said:
Restricted Techs are Handed out also i think. eg. All could build GolemShops and Copper Golems. If i remember correctly only the lruchip should be able to do so or ?

I left copper golems in for everyone, they serve a pretty important function in the mod, they are the unlimted t4 units and become very important on large maps. The Luchuirp have access to all the other golem types, mud, stone, iron, nullstone and arcane.

Is Recruit dead? I clicked the button, heard the sound effect, but received no recruits. :confused:

I'm playing as Malakim, who I suppose is a Goddy-goody. Should I be able to build a Death Mana Node? I did and now my former allies have a -8 against me. :D

I'm not so sure that option should have been available.

Top Bottom