FfH2 0.22 Bug Thread

It's because he's hidden nationality, it's impossible to generate werewolves using it. You'll have to declare nationality. As far as I know, it's the same with slaves.

The mod doesnt work. I load the mod and then I get an error message before it even loads. Whats the dillio?

The mod doesnt work. I load the mod and then I get an error message before it even loads. Whats the dillio?

It's not possible to provide more than very general help unless you tell us what the error is.
Here's a quick checklist:
Do you have the 1.61 patch for civ 4 installed? It is required.
Are you trying to load the mod in warlords? It is for vanilla only.
Did you install the mod where civ 4 is installed and not in my documents? You should not install it in my documents (aka custommods)
Did you install the mod first and then patch h?

[NWO]_Valis;5604828 said:
They are cumulative, Kael said so.
Now, if you are not sure then all you have to do it to install it again. Nothing bad will happen if you just point the right folder. A patch here is only a selfextracting file with all the python, xml files and the gamecore dll.

You should point the patch to the 'MOD' folder, not to FFH 0.22 folder, it will find that folder on its own.
You must have hit it on the head because after doing exactly what you said it works like a charm! I wonder if I had actually been using the previous patches for the other versions???:blush:
Thanks all for the help!!! :D

2. armageddon count was only sometimes and not always reduced, when killing a stigmata of the unborn unit (couldn't figure out a pattern though)
The AC doesn't always shift by 1 or more for every 'event', as it is a fraction but displayed as a whole number. The amount of AC change for any event is scaled according to game speed.

The wiki has more information on the AC.

The Armageddon Counter was at 39, and I was just attacking an Ashen Veil city with the intention of razing it to bring down the AC. However, the moment when I captured it the AC jumped up to 40 and brought about Blight (just the thing I was trying to avoid) before I had a chance to raze it. Is this supposed to happen?

Its a known bug where it is seen as a new AV city being founded, raising the counter by 1. Razing the city takes it back to the original level, and Sanctifying the ruins will lower it. I don't think it is the intended effect, but it has been that way for a few patches,

I'm using the slavery civic, and when I rush a building using slaves sometimes I lose the ability to arrow through all of my units. This bug basically makes some of my units unselectible because of the UI disappearing.

A Hidden Nationality/Stealth issue:

I sent a HN Great Spider into elven territory. Up pops a Treant and kills the spider. Tried it one more time with another spider. Same result.

I can see the 'Treant Reaction' when you send a HN unit into a civ's territory with FOL/Ancient Forests.

However, I don't understand how the stealthy spiders would trigger this reaction????

I have never seen the AI build Hawks, and no other stealth detection units were around.

If you zoom out to the overview and toggle view enemy (or all) units on, you can see invisible units.

However, I don't understand how the stealthy spiders would trigger this reaction????
Depends on what you feel the treant spawning represents. I feel it is the forest itself reacting to intrusion. It would be hard for any creature, especially a giant spider, to escape the notice of every plant around it.

It also depends on what, exactly, giant spider invisibility represents. Are they truly invisible (i.e., not visible to the unaided eye)? Or is it a representation of they ability to hide in the trees an pounce on their prey? I've always considered it the latter (ignoring the times a spider is outside of woods/jungle), meaning trees would be quite aware of their presence.

I really have no idea whether this is a bug or I just don't know how to do it. I posted a similar question in the MOD thread several days ago and received no comments so I'm trying here. It concerns capturing/eliminating shadows. In my present game I have seen many shadows as a result of having hawks and marksmen. I have even occupied the same tile as a shadow with my marksman but nothing shows up in the event log or on my screen which indicates that the shadow has been captured. I know of several instances where the shadow was not captured. So my question is what else must be done to eliminate a shadow once seen or is there a bug in here?:confused: :confused:

If they're not Hidden Nationality, I *think* you need to declare war. Pretty sure they should be HN though.

Unless they are made in a Council of Essus city, they won't be hidden nationality. If you are not at war with someone, they can run all over pillaging and you can't stop them (unless you use a hidden nationality unit yourself to kill the shadow).

Had this python error playing the Balseraph. It happened just as Loki caused a city to join my civ. Screenshot attached.

- feydras

Attachments

• Error Loki.JPG
    Error Loki.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 91
Depends on what you feel the treant spawning represents. I feel it is the forest itself reacting to intrusion. It would be hard for any creature, especially a giant spider, to escape the notice of every plant around it.

It also depends on what, exactly, giant spider invisibility represents. Are they truly invisible (i.e., not visible to the unaided eye)? Or is it a representation of they ability to hide in the trees an pounce on their prey? I've always considered it the latter (ignoring the times a spider is outside of woods/jungle), meaning trees would be quite aware of their presence.

OK, then you are saying that a Treant can react/pop-up whenever ANY unit shows up within the borders?

How about a Shadow or a Ranger with Forest Stealth?

Sorry, but I think this is a bug. There should be certain units that should NOT draw a Treant Reaction.

And, yes, Spiders are invisible, at least I thought they were, in any terrain, so why not in trees?

I think if you follow your line of thinking, V, you will have to come up with other units being able to detect stealth/invisibile units. Things like dwarves being 'in tune' with hills/mountains being able to detect invisible units in that terrain. ;)

Wrong thread, ignore.

According to it's tooltip, Forest Stealth should give invisibility in both forests and jungles, but it doesn't give it in jungles. Is this a bug, or an outdated tooltip?

I think if you follow your line of thinking, V, you will have to come up with other units being able to detect stealth/invisibile units. Things like dwarves being 'in tune' with hills/mountains being able to detect invisible units in that terrain. ;)
Other units do have ability to detect invisible. However, we're not talking about units, but about the environment itself.

But, this is not the place to discuss personal opinions on how game mechanics manifest in the game world itself. I was merely pointing out that what you mentioned is not a bug, in my opinion - if anything it is a balance request.

Top Bottom