1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.22 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, May 25, 2007.

1. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

I'm sorry, but I'm confused about religion/alignment again.

Playing as Hippus/Tasulke I was Neutral.

I founded Runes of Kilmorph and converted. I thought I would change alignment to Good. I remained Neutral.

Then, I founded the Order, converted, and changed alignments to Good. That made sense.

However, when I changed back to ROK, I remained Good instead of Neutral.

How could I have Good and Neutral alignments with the same civ and religion??

Thanks

2. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

RoK will change a Evil civ to neutral.
    OO will change a Good civ to neutral.
    The Order will change any civ to Good.
    Veil will change any civ to Evil.
    Leaves will not affect alignment.

(Not 100% on the Order and Veil, if they will only change 1 step or all the way, or if you can even adapt Order for example with an evil civ)

3. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

It's also based on the alignment you have when switching, not the leader's base alignment (weirdly) - adopting Order then Runes with an Evil leader makes you Good while going straight to Runes makes you Neutral.

Not the best place for this, btw.

4. Love

Love Deity

As i was trying to get better bonding whith Cardith who had leaves, i spreaded weil to all of his cities and asked him to change religon. He did, and then he changed back as evil leaves...

5. Hoerks

Hoerks Chieftain

Maybe he lost his soul after adepting veil und couldnt get it back only by leaves...

6. moverred

moverred Warlord

Minor issue, but I have not seen it posted, (this is a huge thread, may have missed it) and it could be problematic in the right situation. When playing with an adaptice civ and if choosing to switch to the defender trait, the defender promotion will not be granted until after the unit, any unit, has moved. I don't know why this is, and it does not seem to have any flavor benifits, so I am assuming it is a bug, maybe just something that needs to be tweaked a bit.
    Oh, and yes, this is an awesome project, the greatest mod ever for CIV, and I thank you Kael....:goodjob:

7. kevjm

kevjm Warlord

Something odd: in some circumstances, the AI seems to be treating adepts as workers.

1. It suggested I build an adept to improve unimproved land

More importantly, 2. Starting in the classical era, civs are given adepts rather than workers. Would be good if they were given both :)

Or maybe it's just witch doctors.

Also, should goblins be able to uprade to lizard men? They currently can't.

Edit: Hmn just noticed I didn't have the latest patch (when multiple red dragons turned up); I didn't see the above in the change log though.

8. Arpymaster

Arpymaster Warlord

Current game as calabim I declared war on the "dark elves" to grab an elven worker but the worker was always non elf. When later I was at war with the Ljo's, I got elfs workers.

9. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Thanks for the response... and Grey Fox too.

So, when I was The Order/Good and went to ROK it didn't matter that my civ was previously Neutral with the same religion. I would have thought it would look at the base alignment too, as you called it.

I apologize for putting it in this thread. I really thought it might be a bug or I would not have put it here. Sometimes it is hard to figure out where to put posts and I hate to start new threads with something like this. I suppose I should have put it in the FAQ??? Sorry.

10. Melian

Melian Chieftain

Hey everybody!
    I'm not sure but this may be a bug. Just cleared an ancient forest but am unable to build a farm. It's beside fresh water. Is this a consequence for clearing the ancient forest? Both workers who took part in the crime seem to have lost the ability on other tiles as well. I've never heard about it or seen it before (that I remember :)) and it seems a bit harsh.
    thanks for a fantastic mod!

t View attachment Enion Logos AD-0381.Civ4SavedGame

11. vorshlumpf

vorshlumpf Emperor

Goblins upgrade to worg riders.

12. vorshlumpf

vorshlumpf Emperor

I'm not sure if I'm looking where you are looking, but there is only one worker that cannot build a farm next to the lake (near your capital). That worker is a demon, so I believe this is working as intended. However, the other worker next to the lake is successfully making a farm on the ancient forest tile.

I didn't look at any other workers, but basically if they have the demon promotion they won't build farms.

13. Melian

Melian Chieftain

Thanks,
    that clears it up, they're both demonic workers I captured from Hyborem (the other guy's moved up north to check if it was just the tile that was wonky).

ps is this the right thread to post these kind of questions or is the FAQ better?

14. Fader55

Fader55 Chieftain

15. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Starts in other ages than Ancient are less than perfect atm.

Adepts are treated as workers cause they build the mana nodes.

16. Locust-71

Locust-71 King of Athel Loren

Sometimes when you capture a settler with the "Domination" spell, the settler is "loaded" on the spellcaster.

And about the "Domination" spell. It is too easy to loose an level 10 archmage to an level 1 unpromoted enemy.

17. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

i think that if you fail the spell you have the chance of the spell failing origionaly is the chance of loosing the archmage so you are more likely to lose teh archmage in a hopeless cast but not in a freak spell failure

18. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

inns taverns librarys machinists shops infirmarys and herbalists are avlable during crusades when they are peace time buildings

19. Nimbus

Nimbus Prince

Playing .022h as the Elohim. have had two possible bugs.
    1. whenever i try to use a Great Sage to pop a tech , it goes thru the graphics, sage disappears, pop up occurs for the tech, but then i don't get the tech. I tried this three times for alteration, elementalism and sorcery and all three times same thing happens, the great prophet and great merchant worked fine at this.

2. My Elohim Hunters can not upgrade into rangers or assassins, instead they can upgrade into confessors or crusaders and if they have enough xp, into inquisitors and high priests as well. Inquisitors with combat V, animal subdual and forest stealth are pretty deadly.

20. xanaqui42

xanaqui42 King

The line:

Code:
    UnitTypes eLoopUnit = (UnitTypes)GC.getCivilizationInfo(getCivilizationType()).getCivilizationUnits(eIndex);
    can return NO_UNIT (at least in theory). If it does so, you will likely get a crash. I don't think that there are any cases where this presently occurs, but I'd suggest the following, to avoid this problem altogether:

Code:
    void CvPlayer::changeUnitClassCount(UnitClassTypes eIndex, int iChange)
    {
    	FAssertMsg(eIndex >= 0, "eIndex is expected to be non-negative (invalid Index)");
    	FAssertMsg(eIndex < GC.getNumUnitClassInfos(), "eIndex is expected to be within maximum bounds (invalid Index)");
    	m_paiUnitClassCount[eIndex] = (m_paiUnitClassCount[eIndex] + iChange);

/*FfH: Added by Chalid AIMage 06/10/2006*/
    	UnitTypes eLoopUnit = (UnitTypes)GC.getCivilizationInfo(getCivilizationType()).getCivilizationUnits(eIndex);
    	if (eLoopUnit != NO_UNIT) // Smarter Orcs
    	{ // Smarter Orcs
    		if (GC.getUnitInfo(eLoopUnit).getDomainType()==DOMAIN_LAND)
    		{
    	        int iStrength=GC.getUnitInfo(eLoopUnit).getCombat()*iChange;
    			if (iStrength!=0)
    			{
    	            m_iTotalTroopNumber += iChange;
    				m_iTotalTroopPower  += iStrength;
    			}
    		}
        } // Smarter Orcs
    /*FfH: End Add*/