FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Minor Bug, Using F patch.

If your city has a bulding that provides a specific free promotion, Prophecy mark, Stigmata etc. Adepts do not start with a unassigned free promotion. Also unsure if intended but when upgrading to higher level casters (adept -> mage) if you don't buy a promotion the same turn you upgrade, you lose the free promotion.

Automatic weapons upgrade, upon creating Copper, Iron & Mithral mines.

This may be deliberate, but it feels like a cheat. To get the best out of most resources, a city building or two is required.

Running Flauros/Ashen Veil (patch f). Learned the Animal Handling tech but cannot get my spider to build a spider pen. Is it a glitch?

Among other stuff that needs to be fixed (perhaps someone already posted it) is the Thane of Kilmorph being automatically switched to a Paramander unit when it's built (I was running Beemis of Luchuirp/Earth Mother, at the time). That started happening halfway through the game.

I'm sure this is coming in the next version too (??) -- we really need the mana counter on the right side of the screen real bad. Right now, it's pretty tough to monitor what mana is already built.

Hi,

Im not sure this is a bugg: I noticed when yo play with the Calabim, the Governor Manor gives a +1 happyface when you use the "Social order".

It feels so out off place.

One of my newly built horsemen as the Hippus started out mutated. I had no chaos mana or any OO in my cities. Is this intended?

I'm sure this is coming in the next version too (??) -- we really need the mana counter on the right side of the screen real bad. Right now, it's pretty tough to monitor what mana is already built.

open up a city, it shows all your mana near the left side in there.. the mana bar on the left side of the main screen was a bother if you had minimized events

When playing FFH2 0.25f I get the following event:

Spoiler :
Our horse trainers believe that it would be possible to gain a much deeper bond with and (typo, but not what I'm reporting) understanding of our riding animals.

They require a larger and more coordinated network of Stables to pursue this goal.

*Horse Whispering: You are tasked by your elite trainers to build enough stables for them to transcend the traditional limits of animal husbandry. (To complete this quest you must build 6 Stables in your various cities (in a one-city scenario, also not what I'm reporting, just pointing out). You will fail this quest if a rival civilization completes it first, or if you reach the Renaissance Era(This is what concerns me.) without having met the conditions.

As far as I can tell, there is no renaissance era in FFH2, though I might have missed it while I was checking for it.

EDIT: I'm a newb, please disregard.

there is a renaissance era, but it is the last one when you get teir 4 units i think so getting that early on gives you almost unlimited time to do that

The Renaissance Era now includes Divine Essence, Mithril Weapons, Pass Through the Ether, Blasting-Powder, Omniscience, Futrure Tech, and Never. I don't think there is anything past renaissance though, nor should there be.

@jprc, you can no longer load units into boats with hidden nationality, but if you declare nationality then you can load them just fine. I think some people complained a while back about HN boats carrying non-HN units, so this is an intentional change. Hm...I wonder if HN boats can still carry HN land units? It would make sense.

A couple times after declaring nationality with a privateer and using it to carry a settler and a priest it was attacked and destroyed by a rival trireme. I suspect that the declare nationality spell doesn't actually get rid of the HN status yet. (this may actually have been in .24 or an unpatched .25, so this might have been fixed by now)

jprc, do you have Tower of Eyes in the city producing your sailing vessels? I had that once before I understood hidden Nationality means you cannot load anything inside the ships (really annoyed me too, I was racing to colonize a new island!)

In my case, I was getting the same error when I had the game installed under Documents and Settings\(my Windows XP user name)\Application Data and the mod installed under My Documents\My Games(which is what the Civilization 4 installer does if you uncheck the option to install for all users on your computer.... I thought it was a good idea at the time!); after having more issues than just this I reinstalled Civ4 under the normal default path of Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 and now I can load and play FFH without a problem.
Well, I'm glad you got it to work. All of my Civ stuff is installed to the default directory, though. If I find the time and energy I may try to uninstall and reinstall everything.

I don't know if this is relevant, but for me the error pops up when the "mod loading" bar is about 2/3rds full, and it says "Initializing Engine."

I was able to capture an enemy city with my hidden nationality hill giants. I was not at war.
Patch f, I am the Hippus, fighting Calabim. (Save available)

On starting a new map as the neutral elves, I stumbled across the Kuriotates and the leader dialog with Cardith Lorda pops up. I say the usual peace dialog and exit the conversation, noticing that he does not appear in my scorebox on the lower right hand corner! I passed a few turns and still he did not appear, though he was listed in my foreign policy advisor, and can even be contacted through said advisor! I never have experienced this before, so I'm assuming it is a bug. 0.25f

EDIT: Newbishness again, please disregard. Thanks Xienwolf.

he was the first civilization that you met Kwaichang? So only your own name shows in the score box?

Click on your name once. If you click on your name it minimizes so that only your score shows. Click on it again and it re-expands.

Hi

Using patch f, advanced start with enough points where i could get enough techs to be able to research infernal pact immediately.

I switched over to hyborem and went to war with Perpentach, wiped him out (4 or 5 cities size 4-9). Later found Bannor and wiped him out (about same #, size cities). I'm now alone on my continent and haven't generated a single mane either from combat or razing all the above cities.

As an aside, i did all this with just Hyb and the 2 Sect of Flies I started with, maybe a bit overpowered when you skip the game up until infernal pact :lol: .

Pretty sure I am still on Patch e (really good game, don't want to ditch it till I finish), but just upgraded to a mage, and before taking my free promotion I cast a spell. Option for the promotion went away and never came back :(

I was able to capture an enemy city with my hidden nationality hill giants. I was not at war.

I did the same thing. My hill giants eventually wiped out 3 civs, capturing cities and being able to bombard the defences. Playing 2025e, Perpentach, Balseraphs.

Another thing I noticed was that Loki could get xp, but could not spend it (stayed Lv1).

The Loki thing has always been that way. The Hill Giants thing does not seem right (especially since mercenaries can't even take cities after declaring nationality, when you are at war.)

Playing on a continents map, fruit of yssadril spawned, however the tree itself wasn't there.

So it showed the icon, however when i went to world builder to add the tree, it finally showed

Top Bottom