FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Offering multiple resources was an intentional chance in .25. I FfH, some resources (especially mana, but also some hell resources like razorweed) are much more useful when you have multiple sources. Even if it weren't so, I see no problem with them offering redundant resources, since you can then act as a middleman, selling off their resources for a profit (or even diverting their goods to their enemies ;) )

Acolyte/Crusader spawning is supposed to be random (or at least it was in Vanilla FfH, and I assume it still is in BtS. Still, the chances are fairly high.)

When switching to Hyborem, AI had already played a turn as him and founded Dis (in a pretty sucky place, too). It would be a lot more fun if i should control him from the start.

Spoiler :

Couldn't switch religions. But when asked by an AI civ to switch, I could.

Enchanted blade instead of the mithril resource for the Dragon's Horde? Seems like kind of a waste, since you could get that through a first level spell just as easily. I would still much prefer tech requirements for the weapons promotions (especially with a couple of wonders modded the way I like them)

Patch "f" is linked in the first post. It fixes the following issues:

1. Removed Extension II from Barbatos.
2. Decreased the chance Ancient Forests will spawn.
3. The AI now prefers buildings that enable new units.
4. Fixed a problem with the Feed spell.
5. Golden Ages are now displayed in the date line.
6. Life mana from the Tomb of Sucellus can now be accessed.
7. You can no longer summon infinite Treants.
8. Increased the Woodsman I bonus from +20% in forests to +30%.
9. Fixed an issue that could cause unique features to spawn on top of each other.
10. Fixed the Financial trait (so it will be applied correctly when given through the adaptive or insane traits).
11. Reduced the mutation chance from chaos mana from 3% per to 2%.
12. Adapative trait is now applied reguarly (based on game speed) instead of randomly.
13. Changed the doDamage function to work with variable max hit points.
14. Fixed the FFHAddPopup error when switching religions.
15. The Dragon's Horde no longer provides Mithril, instead it passes out the Enchanted Blade promotion.

using patch f media and .25. i got a ctd one time trying to have rosier the fallen cross a river, which for some reason he can not cross.

i was playing as an advanced start renaisacnce era with no settlers.

the plot terrain is burning sands that seems to be the reason why he can't enter the city, but i can't reproduce my ctd

Attachments

• Hyborem AD-0395.CivBeyondSwordSave
    277.7 KB · Views: 42
Got the following python exception popup when I took the body III promotion for a Runekeeper:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvSpellInterface", line 18, in canCast
File "string", line 0, in ?
NameError: name 'reqGraftFlesh' is not defined

1)Does fear work correctly? My Mardero wouldn´t attack one of the horsemen even with 98% odds of winning. Since he had mobility 4 and blitz I tried about 20 times with no success. Afaik fear is designed as a chance to fail the attack, however I couldn´t get anyone to attack the horseman that didn´t have the courage promotion or was lifeless.

Yeah, I can't get anyone to attack Acheron, and it moved over and took one of my cities. Since I am currently playing the Ljosfar (sp?) elves, I cannot build seige engines. One mana node is available next to Acheron's old city, and I wanted to build a fire node. Now it seems I need to research Divination and build a Spirit node before I can attack Acheron. My Bambur has a 99.2% chance to win, but is afraid.

A few issues that have already been mentioned, I think, but wondering if/when they will be addressed:
-Hawks still don't rebase to hunters who are away from cities. They must be loaded on in the city.
-Map-scripting is producing ridiculous amounts of forest in the first city's fat cross. This is happening even when the surrounding terrain is not forest. Quite irritating unless one is playing the Ljosalfar.
-Firebows are now able to learn Body II after Govannon teaches Haste. Is this intentional? All units taught by Govannon gain xp as casters.

An aside: Please put mithril back in the Hoard! Find another way to work around the Doviello problem if possible. Pardon my shameless begging.

Thanks for all the great work and the wonderful mod. Still playing and looking forward to when the kinks with BtS are ironed out.

13. Changed the doDamage function to work with variable max hit points.

Thank you very much Kael :) Your patience and persistence in all this is greatly appreciated. I imagine the whole move to BtS was incredibly painful, and on top of that you have inept modmoders like me coming to you with unreasonable demands ;)

Yeah, I can't get anyone to attack Acheron, and it moved over and took one of my cities. My Bambur has a 99.2% chance to win, but is afraid.

I had a similar issue (patch d). Saverous wouldn't attack Acheron because he was afraid. He is undead, it makes no sense for him to be afraid. Don't know if this a bug or design issue.

Also, I was given the build 8 castles quest. In the text of the quest, it said it must be accomplished before I research Rifling, Economics or Railroad!!

Howdy

I played the Vanilla version without major troubles. Thanks for a great job!!

On the other hand I just installed the BtS version's exe files (incl the mod's F patch, media file, & BtS latest patch). I loaded the game, selected one of the leaders, and clicked OK. The game crashed instantly at that point. :cry:

Any idea what I can try to fix that problem?

So that was a Play Now attempt Ambreville? What happens when you try Custom Game?

So that was a Play Now attempt Ambreville? What happens when you try Custom Game?

Yes, this was a Play Now attempt. I just tried launching the mod through Custom Game, with the same result... instant crash to desktop, no error message.

Code:
"GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme"

I'm getting this same error. Using the US version of the game and no sign of the file in question on my HD.
In my case, I was getting the same error when I had the game installed under Documents and Settings\(my Windows XP user name)\Application Data and the mod installed under My Documents\My Games(which is what the Civilization 4 installer does if you uncheck the option to install for all users on your computer.... I thought it was a good idea at the time!); after having more issues than just this I reinstalled Civ4 under the normal default path of Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 and now I can load and play FFH without a problem.

I had a hero not getting XP after 100, even though it was after real combat and not XP per turn. Combats were against barbarians and not other civ - would that be the reason ?

Correct. Heroes can only gain experience fighting other kingdom units after reaching 100 xp.

In my case, I was getting the same error when I had the game installed under Documents and Settings\(my Windows XP user name)\Application Data and the mod installed under My Documents\My Games(which is what the Civilization 4 installer does if you uncheck the option to install for all users on your computer.... I thought it was a good idea at the time!); after having more issues than just this I reinstalled Civ4 under the normal default path of Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 and now I can load and play FFH without a problem.

That is very good to know, thanks Linn.

I cant reproduce the Mokka's Cauldron/Soulforge issue. If anyone has that please attach a save game so I can check it out.

I don't have that save any more, sorry. It happened in a game I was playing with patch a, but I've now installed the subsequent patches. If I experience the problem again I'll upload a save.

Top Bottom