1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 4, 2007.

1. jprc

jprc My dog is smarter than me

(patch k)

Yvain:
    - Dragon? What dragon? .... Ooops ! iI did not see it... did it hurts????

I find Yvain the Woodelf way too powerfull!!
    See the pic below:

Yvain is level 12, with 46/45 strength, then a few turns later, without doing anything, he is 54/53 strength, and now (still level 12 and NO combats since he was 46/45) he is 74/73 (see the saved game)! and it is still growing ... :confused:

Place him on an ancient forest, and he is 74*100%*110% = 154.5 defense points!!! I do no know any modern tank in civ that can reach this... even the nuke!
    Have a look at his health bar!... soon I will have to buy a new wide screen.

Some turns before, he was attacked by 28 (yes, 28...) units from 3 to 9 strength, and he killed the 28 units loosing only 1/3 of its life!!!
    If he attacks, with the 2 extra 1st strike, I don't think he even notice what he is crushing... ooops sorry...
    Ok. I am happy, as I have Yvain in my team, but I am not sure if it is not too much...

EDITED:
    I have put a better saved game for error trapping where, after end of turn Yvain will have new stats.

File: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/100907/LILI_AD-0448-Yvain_74_73.CivBeyondSwordSave
    • Yvain is at 74/73
    • End the turn, the Soul forge will be built, answer whatever you wish for building
    • go to see Yvain: he is now 78/77

Note 1: in this saved game. my 3 druids are also 30+ and without having done a single fight!
    Note 2: I always keep the latest 200 games (1 each turn, with maxi 200 files), and erase them manually when I start a new game. If for debugging you need any game from the same group as the game posted in my file above. please tell me as soon as possible.

2. DeaExMachina

DeaExMachina Warlord

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but yesterday while playing as the Amurites one of my scouts got the Event about the military training upping one of the units to Hero status. He gained the XP up towards 100 and stopped like normal, however he would not gain additional experience from kills or defenses.

Also the enemy militaries seem to be drastically weaker then previous games (let alone how they were pumped up in BtS). Is this to do with the new espionage barrier preventing the AI from checking how other civs Power is progressing?

Lastly, the passive effects of the maintenance reducing mana aren't working (or displaying if they are working). The same is true for all events that effect relations. I've spawned four or five events and paid the costs but if it actually effects the AI it isn't listed.

Edit: The game apparently freezes at a certain point. I'm not sure exactly what caused this but it gets to "Waiting for other players" and doesn't stop after even ten minutes. The end turn of the turn I just finished Omniscience and a turn after a four way war was declared between the AI. Annoying, I was about to win my first Tower victory. D:

3. Frozen-Vomit

Frozen-Vomit Prince

Purge the Unfaithful destroyes the Tower of Contemplancy (sp?) when your not OO any longer. That seems a bit harsh.

4. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

Yvain suffers from the same problem as other druids. Something weird with Nature Affinity, perhaps? Has anyone noticed similar behaviour with other affinity units?

I believe this is the same issue as the one which makes you lose an unspent free promotion on upgrade, but casting Become Patriarch prevents a newly-upgraded High Priest from using the free promo unless he spends it first.

EDIT: Probably related to the advanced start granting the Baron issue, I just had a city revolt and flip to the Malakim, and get a starting garrison of 3 Chalid Astrakheins, which would be scary if I weren't about to win an altar victory.

5. Fanatic Demon

Fanatic Demon Student in Wizardry

I can't seem to start any games anymore with the 0.25k version. where can I download an older working version?

Edit: The problem was that I had accidently corrupted my own BTS. I soved it by reinstalling BTS, and untill now, I have have no crashes. :goodjob:

6. Dora190

Dora190 Warlord

Some things I noticed from patch k

Wonders/religion - None of the AI players seem to be building these. I Usually get about 1/2 the wonders I want, in the last two games I've built all bar one, no special tricks or engineers. The AI just doesn't seem to bother. I also noticed that the AI didn't seem to be overly concerned about getting a religion either, I got to FOL by 150, and OO by 190-220 (some kindly villages) the AI's develop ROK by about 270 and Order even later. Needless to say no one goes for AV. The same is true of heroes, they just don't seem to bother.

Colonies - I've checked its enabled but i can't let my colonies go, I'm assuming this is waiting for shadow.

Cities, The AI players place settlers all over the place, but after 300 they stop building cities. (The dates an estimate)

Armageddon clock doesn't go down when you raise an AV city and definitely doesn't go down when you raise the AV holy city.

The AI was still building warriors and other 1st tier units long after I got to 3rd tier. When the clock hit 100 and the Avatar of Wrath pinched my units, apart from the javelin throwers and the odd pike, mine were the only 3rd tier (and in most cases made up the majority of the major units) that the barbs possessed. Although given the number he had I don't think the Elohim and Bannor really cared he went over like speed bumps.

7. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue Xenite

fanatic D check your pm

8. Elm

Elm Warlord

9. icantcmyeye

icantcmyeye Peace Through Power

one, i think there is going to be quite alot of infighting in this city...

and two, theres a missing graphics file for the infernal longbowmen

10. oxium

oxium Chieftain

not sure if this is a cosmetic issue but whenever i play i see pink squares anyway i can fix it?

11. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

you prolly only installed the patch (around 5mb), you need the full 0.25 version (200+ mb), then you add the patch after.

12. domino36963

domino36963 Chieftain

Bugs... (.25k)

My workers don't build farms in the city radius-
    Workers building over mana nodes (I think this is already known)
    farms don't spread irrigation on hell terrain
    I get python errors when I try to trade mana
    python error when Infernals came

issues

hidden nationality (although I like taking over enemy's with just 3 heavt crossbowmen and a catapult)
    maybe more improvements on hell terain; just toads, nightmares, stones, and razor weed doesn't seem like enough
    When civs ask to be vassels, I just get the screen where you have the options to talk to them (trade, what deals we have, tslk, goodbye)

13. ChaoticWanderer

ChaoticWanderer Warlord

Hidden nationality problem im having maybe not a bug but i think it needs to get fixed.

I had hidden nationality units in cities with other troops and my freinds will come by and attack my city to get at this hidden nationality troop this seems a bit odd i mean if he is in my city obviously i want him there LOL

14. Elm

Elm Warlord

This may be a known issue, and I don't have a save, but I had a stack of units in a city that included a werewolf. While processing the turn, the werewolf went barbarian. This pushed the entire stack of units out of the city, and caused the city to be captured by the barbarians. Workaround: Reload, and move the werewolf out of the city.

Now, I don't place any units in cities that might turn barbarian.

I think one of the following should be implemented: units cannot turn barbarian while in cities, or if a unit becomes owned by the barbarians, a check is done to see if it is in a city, and push it out if it is. It can then choose to attack the city at that point (which would cause it to be taken over if that was the only unit in the city, of course).

15. 3voices

3voices Chieftain

AI workers build forts on practically all resources

16. sivlar

sivlar Chieftain

I've noticed the AI Workers do that a lot. They never seem to use any resource. I've seen forts on a lot of things. I also see them put farms on resources that need plantations, workshops on bronze and iron, windmills on mithril, ect.

17. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Got to about Turn 400 and I am now unable to move to the next turn. Mod gets hung up while processing the end of the turn. Reloaded a couple of time with no difference (mod never did that before). This is with Patch k.

Attached Files:

18. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

That is a BtW thing. In BtS, a fort allows you to use the resource just as a plantage, etc. would and the AI thinks if the resource is beyond the city radius it is better to build a fort to use the resource so he can have a defensive spot there as well. In BtS, a fort also acts as a channel and or airport (perhaps airport is bad example in FfH).

19. Vortex79

Vortex79 Chieftain

Only problem I have had with AI workers is they replace Mana nodes constructed by adepts. I do not know if this has been mentioned previously, but have had any luck in searching for "workers" with "replace nodes" in my searches to know for certain. It removes the mana from circulation so I know it's destroying the node and not simply replacing it with an another accessing construct. At first I thought invisible units were sabotaging my nodes, but after watching for a while I found out it was my own workforce. (They were fired by Abashi.)

Also. I've successfully integrated an adaptation of a city raze code that allows you to raze a city post capture or select buildings in a city (great for when you mistakenly build that wrong temple in town). It gives you a worker per 5 population points of the razed city after you destroy it. I like it because I don't particularly enjoy the placement of AI cities, but I do like occasionally using them as a forward buffer zone to let my settlers build on taken land. Besides, as emperor I should have access to my corps of engineers to destroy any building in my towns I want.. (perhaps that should be a tech). As for razing cities post capture, maybe a "Forced relocation" for evil and a "Selective Migration" for good tech in later mods that provide different methods of city management.

It was pretty challenging to get the code to work because they changed some of the procedure calls from civ4 and I don't have a quality XML editor so it took some real digging to find out workers in the FFH2 mod were unit 254 in schema. That and they outright replaced one procedure call that allows you to check if a city has a building to replace it (cyplayer.hasbuilding).

But it worked, it's a variation of someone else's mod so I had to give them credit, but the modifications and adaptations for BTS/FFH2 are purely my work. The alterations also should be adaptable to the mod events python file for BTS, just copy and paste the # bracketed regions.

Here's the link, just uploaded it rather than wait. I've yet to experience any glitches or problems with this adaptation yet, but if you encounter any, please private message me.

Vortex's Adapted FFH2/BTS Event Manager:
    http://www.freewebs.com/maelstrom79/CvEventManager.py

To use: simply replace your current FFH2 .025K CvEventManager in the assets/python folder.

This may not work where other mods to the current file have altered the file unless you copy and paste selecct sections of the script.

In game: Go to any city screen you wish to raze after conquering the city or in which you wish to destroy a building. Press ctrl+D. A popup will come up asking which building you wish to destroy and one of the buildings listed will be "raze city", selecting of which will obviously destroy the entire city instead of just a selected building.

Alternatively, razing a conquered city upon capture will still give you a worker unit per 5 population unit of that city. The added workers are another incentive for being more aggressive :p

Clicking the text above won't allow you to dl the code directly unless you in some way direct your browser to dl the file, but it will let you view the code. As a note, later versions of the mod will likely over-write this code so you may have to reinsert it later, unless it somehow becomes a permanent option within the mod.

Finally, another suggestion for mod improvement: Tech: (Node Maintenance) gives adepts or builders ability to build nodes atop pre-selected mana types as an automated process. EX. Life node is destroyed, leaving life mana. Worker or comes along, re-assembles the node. Workers can't select a new mana type, but perhaps the adept can? Just an idea.

20. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Post your python errors if you can. That will help the team out.