FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Well I think I found the answer to my missing "build barrows" option for the clan of embers adepts and mages. Not sure since if this is the case since I am still new to the whole civ4 modding thing.

Seems .25 doesn't have witch doctors or shamans as unique units for the clan. They just build regular adepts and mages thus they have no different abilities except for the graphics of them.

Another possible bug, animals seem pretty scarce especially late in the game. Thus making it nearly impossible to build animal cages or spider pens. By the time you can train subdue animal most all the animals have been wiped off the map by the AI and you, and they don't come back. I noticed the wiki and civpedia have a couple entries for some animal dens that would spawn some things like lions and tigers. Nothing I can see for the other animal types though.

I've never seen these ever pop up on a game, only barrows and ruins seem to auto spawn when the map is generated. Hopefully there will be a way to implement animal dens in the future to push out creatures like the frostling lairs did in AoI. (Edit - read that the dens are suppose to be built by the animal packs/prides. Guess the lack of animals is why they never get built. Even with the extra animal feature turned on doesn't seem to help. There are never enough animals left by the time you get the promo's to tame them.)

Edit - Can confirm, 3rd game I have razed the city with the dragon's hoard in it and no cart unit spawns. The hoard just dissappears from the game.

Edit - Ljosalfar Archery Range does not seem to be giving out the Dexterous promotion to archers. Unless I am missing something.

Thank you Feydras and Chip56. Much appreciated.

point 1:
Auric agnostic???
It is not in the pedia.
It is not in the wiki for Auric: http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/FfH_Auric_Ulvin_(Leader)
It is not in the leader's chart: http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/FfH_Leaders . In this chart Cassiel is listed as Agnostic, Philosophical, Industrious, Adaptive, abd Auric is Magic Resistant, Philosophical
For saying the least, I am confused. Can you tell me what source you use: perhaps I will find in it information for other questions I have...

point 2:
Understood, it is 80% of population. Which means that it is foolish to convert people without doing a genocide, as less people on a world means an easier percentage...
I am still convinced there is a problem of balance: if you are "good" you tend to keep a maximum of people alive. Evil: you destroy and force people as a good despot, good you tend to compose.
80% of 100.000.000 people is much more difficult than 80% of 12.000.000 survivors...
It means: Religious Victory = Destroy the Unfaithfull!!!
It would be nice to have this 80% for victory OR all civs (if not agnostic) with your religion.

What is nice in a good Dungeon & Dragon scenario is that you can reach your goal using different pathes. For Religious victory it is not the case as alternate pathes are way too difficult for being a valid option.

In final, this sound too much like in real word: for spreading your religion you want to destroy first the unfaithful... and only a victory through religious massacre is acceptable in teh game , and not a victory by religious consensus. Pity. (B.Laden vs Dalai Lama...)

point 3.
it was a note intended to Thunderfall!;) (for giving a good team more power in "their" sub forum...)

You forget the concept of convert by magical conversion... (using purge the unfaithful option). It doesn't kill the population obviously otherwise the cities would fall in population so there must be some other mechanic at work besides ruthless genocide..

Something more along the line of a nation-wide enlightenment. It'd be kind of like Jesus or Muhamad appearing in down town Manhattan in a very obvious fashion, destroying any doubt of their supremacy in the human heart and converting all non-believers to their faith.

A comical take on a "purge the unfaithful" event could be the old Ghost Busters 1 movie.. except I don't think they carry proton packs in FFH2. What the rite itself is can only be limited by the thoroughness of one's imagination. If you have a genocidal imagination corrupted by the horrors of over-exposure to human history.. then more than likely your mind would obviously generate a genocidal outcome for a rite that wipes out opposition to a particular global religion, but it doesn't necessarily have to work that way. The death of an idea does not constitute the death of a man.

Therefore, 2 is not a bug, it is merely a figment of your imagination, resulting from your failure to use the Purge the Unfaithful rite provided in the game mechanics, combined with your fear of genocide. Purge does seem like a harsh word, but whether or not it's genocide is determined by how you purge.

@demonmaster: are you sure you played 0.25k? i looked in the pedia and could not find them.

in my recent game i had a weaponsmith in every city by the wonder and my gates spawned roughly 1-2 units every turn and still did not got them.
maybe its because i got the smithys by the wonder since they only spawend witches in the city i build the mage guild to build the wonder which grands them in every other city.
but i thought that would be an old bug which got fixed.

@demonmaster: are you sure you played 0.25k? i looked in the pedia and could not find them.

in my recent game i had a weaponsmith in every city by the wonder and my gates spawned roughly 1-2 units every turn and still did not got them.
maybe its because i got the smithys by the wonder since they only spawend witches in the city i build the mage guild to build the wonder which grands them in every other city.
but i thought that would be an old bug which got fixed.

Cannot guarantee it was since I played it a week or so ago, can be the patch before patch k (since I in general try to finish a game before I apply a new patch). Btw I had the mage guild wonder, but not the other and the most spawned creature I got was Succubus and R... (forgot the name). I got the minotaurs late, very late, in fact I got them so late* so I didn't had time to use them (before the civ I tried to reach won culturally:sad:) It was on turn 500 + or so in any case.

*I don't know so much of this game, meaning when certain things are triggered, what requirement and so on (I having trouble setting up a long term goal yet, but I get better and better at it).

In final, this sound too much like in real word: for spreading your religion you want to destroy first the unfaithful... and only a victory through religious massacre is acceptable in teh game , and not a victory by religious consensus. Pity. (B.Laden vs Dalai Lama...)[/I]

Dalai Lama? You mean the guy who goes to other nations to preach about peace so they give him money to fund paramilitary groups in an effort to restore a decadent nation of serfs with a ruling priest class? Not exactly the best choice when talking about passive resistance, go for Gandhi.

Oh and on the note of a Bug, should the Calabim be able to build the Murcurian gate? My last game as the Calabim I had perm alliance with the Luchiurp, defensive pact with Jonas and the Amurites and Hyborem as vassals (both came crawling to me because of how weak they were) and then was a few turns from finishing the Murcurian Gate...unfortunately the game hit one of those infinite "Waiting for other players" loop so I didn't get to see how it would play out.

So long as you aren't AV, there shouldn't be a problem summoning Basium. His entry (or is it his civ's or the gate's entry) specifically mentions that he is just as willing to side with the Calabim as the Elohim if it suits his demon hunting purpose. Actually, if the Vamps follow a good religion they have very good synergy with the Mercurians (like their hordes of Order worshiping Moroi killing themselves and beig reborn as Angels. I think that devoured bloodpets may join him too, and possibly even the populations you feast upon)

Problems with infinite loops at Basium's arrival have been mentioned pretty often. IN this case though, I wonder if it had something to do with the game trying to make you declare war on yourself (I assume Hyborem at least was following AV. Basium made you declare war on him, but since he was your vassal he pulled you into the war on his side. I suspect that there could be a problem with the Calabin, Luchuirp,and Mercurians being in a state of both war and permanent alliance with themselves)

I noticed someone posted on this earlier but never saw it addressed. When I sack the Dragon Hoard city (I know I spelled the saved game wrong) no Dragon Hoard unit is created. Kind of a bummer.

My computer also locks up if I sack the dragons city and then pilliage the town in front of it. I'm not sure exactly what's causing it (late game, lots going on) or if it's just my computer.

Attachments

• dragons horde.CivBeyondSwordSave
    741.5 KB · Views: 49
Not even sure if this is a potential problem, but stumbled across it while browsing:

CIV4FormationInfos.xml:
Bow Battle(5) - duplicate entries for SIEGE

0.25 i

1. I can upgrade normal units to golem units (f. ex. warrior to wood golem)

2. You can add an unending amount of units to a flesh golem!!!

However "sorcery", "Summoning" and "Divine" are the only promotions that do
NOT pass to the flesh golem. So you might have a Death 3 golem but cannot
cast the spells involved in Death 3!

What I saw was that only Channeling 1 was transferred for units with Channeling 3. Thus no high level spells.

Problems with infinite loops at Basium's arrival have been mentioned pretty often. IN this case though, I wonder if it had something to do with the game trying to make you declare war on yourself (I assume Hyborem at least was following AV. Basium made you declare war on him, but since he was your vassal he pulled you into the war on his side. I suspect that there could be a problem with the Calabin, Luchuirp,and Mercurians being in a state of both war and permanent alliance with themselves)

Yes, Hyborem was AV while the rest of us were all OO. Its an interesting set up either way. XD

Personally, I see a religious victory as one of zealotry. You have eliminated and minimized the impact of other religions because your's is the only one that's true. To do so, you exercise every means possible to deal with heathens. I see as fitting the Order especially, as it seems from Civilopedia entries to have its fair share of nut-jobs. Also functions for OO. AV has the obvious drawback of almost certainly causing the apocalypse, and Runes and Leaves just don't seem the sort to engender the sort of widespread zealotry/fear to accomplish it in feasible manner. All from the point of view of RPing, naturally.

Personally, I see a religious victory as one of zealotry. You have eliminated and minimized the impact of other religions because your's is the only one that's true. To do so, you exercise every means possible to deal with heathens. I see as fitting the Order especially, as it seems from Civilopedia entries to have its fair share of nut-jobs. Also functions for OO. AV has the obvious drawback of almost certainly causing the apocalypse, and Runes and Leaves just don't seem the sort to engender the sort of widespread zealotry/fear to accomplish it in feasible manner. All from the point of view of RPing, naturally.

Only from the RPing point of view ;)
I have won a religious victory (0.23c, not 0.25) with the FoL. Since I was playing the elves, it made sense:p .

On topic, is it me or aren't the latest bugs left unchecked?
I'm back playing 0.23c until there is something new to make 0.25 really playable (SP, I don't care for OOS ;)).

I'm really anxious to have a real working version, because the random events really suit FfH good. It gives a lot of flavor!

You can add unlimited units to flesh golems, seems that if the unit is stronger than the current golem it gains 1 strength point (decent), but you can even add non-living units to the golem. I stuck a ship on him with a cargo space promotion and Buccaneers, and he gained the ability to transport units. Also stuck a hawk on him and he gained flying abilities.

Possibly should be limited to only living units? Any way to also make it so you cannot put hawks on him (pretty sure they still count as living, could be remembering wrong though). Living units only would keep from being able to use most all of the summon units for cheap golem flesh as well. (I don't think that unlimited attachments is a broken thing, just unlimited options).

You can add unlimited units to flesh golems, seems that if the unit is stronger than the current golem it gains 1 strength point (decent), but you can even add non-living units to the golem. I stuck a ship on him with a cargo space promotion and Buccaneers, and he gained the ability to transport units. Also stuck a hawk on him and he gained flying abilities.

That is at once wrong and entertaining. I cant imagine what it would look like to add a galley full of buccaneers to a flesh golem. I'll change it so the unit being added has to be alive.

1. I just got hammered in my raging barb game. The barbs wiped out 7 of the 10 AI civs leaving Jonas, Auric Ulvan, and Amerlanchier. Within three turns all three of them declared war on me and I had the raging barbs to deal with. A problem I thought I could still handle, but...

I was surprised to find all three were at peace with the barbarians? Ok, Jonas I understand, but what about the other two? So tons of units from those three civs and the barbs just overran my 3 cities in short order.

2. This was the first game I have played where the counter 40 (and beyond) and Blight did not strike. I didn't have the option selected to turn off the counter. Anyone have an idea what happened? I didn't make it to the Horsemen events due to #1 above.

Patch k.
I test with a custom map, huge, Monarchy, Pangae, NO settlers, and ... me (Thesa) + 39 AI RANDOM civilizations.

It crashes when I reload too many times, but it is ok (and understandable...)

However, what was supposed to be solved with 3.13 still exists: you end up with duplicated civilizations (see short example in pic below).

In fact, I should have about 33 different civs (I counted 35 in the pedia), and as you can select up to 40 you must have duplicated civs (Mercurian and Hyp being excluded...), but I end up with many more duplications than normal.

Suggested:
  • limit the number of open AI civs to the number of available leaders.
  • as soon as a leader is selected/choosen (random), it can't be selected again by the AI for next slot

I wrote from the other thread...

"I had no difficulties ever before. I played .24 a month or so ago and had no problems at all. But .25 is giving me the error. So I'm pretty certain my computer can handle the movies (unless you added tons of stuff to .25). Any suggestions?"

Kael, you asked what mapscript I was using. I am playing on a standard map, epic, monarch difficulty level. Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks for the help!

Rob

I'm having a problem with the infernals. Every time I try to switch to the infernals the game says it's waiting for other players, but it doesn't process anything and the menu won't open. I end up closing the game with alt+f4 every time. Is this something that I can fix easily or is the fix going to be in the next version or patch?

Top Bottom