FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

FFH2 0.25k

I am Falamar. Why can I build these cages (human cages, orc cages, dwarf cages) from my captured slaves? I thought only Balseraph (Civilopedia) can do this?

This may be a known issue, and I don't have a save, but I had a stack of units in a city that included a werewolf. While processing the turn, the werewolf went barbarian. This pushed the entire stack of units out of the city, and caused the city to be captured by the barbarians. Workaround: Reload, and move the werewolf out of the city.

Now, I don't place any units in cities that might turn barbarian.

I think one of the following should be implemented: units cannot turn barbarian while in cities, or if a unit becomes owned by the barbarians, a check is done to see if it is in a city, and push it out if it is. It can then choose to attack the city at that point (which would cause it to be taken over if that was the only unit in the city, of course).

I had this happen in a game I was playing last night, but wasn't sure if it was a bug or a feature, and I didn't associate it with my werewolf going barbarian. Even after I recaptured the city, my werewolves kept going barbarian on me (which I assumed was a feature). ..fritz..

Some units units have a chance of become barbarian units. I don't know if this is solely because of their promotions (enrage, etc.) or if it exists other factors that increases this or causes this.

Some units units have a chance of become barbarian units. I don't know if this is solely because of their promotions (enrage, etc.) or if it exists other factors that increases this or causes this.

I believe if you mouse-over the promotions, there is one that gives a 1% chance to go barbarian each turn.

0.25k (BTS 3.13 + CVGameCore 1.09) - Windows XP (3 GB RAM)

Playing Tasunke on a huge map - all is well until 68 turns from end of game, at which point the 'Updating other civilizations' goes into a endless cycle. (I went away for an hour or so and then came back just to be sure I wasn't impatient.)

I can reproduce it with the following saved game; just launch, handle the few cities that require attention, then end your turn:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/120029/Tasunke_I_AD-0412-prefreeze.CivBeyondSwordSave

..fritz..

Not sure if this is a bug or just something that is not implemented yet.

Playing with Clan of Embers, the whole map is hell now. Sheut Stone never seems to spawn anywhere. I know the wiki says it replaces cows but I had several plots of cows and they just turned into nightmares along with the horses. Sheep went to toads but this Sheut stone stuff never appeared anywhere on the map.

Also my Orc adepts and mages cannot seem to build barrows anywhere. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I noticed people complaining about no reagents, i've also noticed what appears to be a incredible drop in the number of mana nodes. is this related, just my imagination? i can usually barely manage to find one in my reach.

Some things I noticed from patch k

Wonders/religion - None of the AI players seem to be building these. I Usually get about 1/2 the wonders I want, in the last two games I've built all bar one, no special tricks or engineers. The AI just doesn't seem to bother. I also noticed that the AI didn't seem to be overly concerned about getting a religion either, I got to FOL by 150, and OO by 190-220 (some kindly villages) the AI's develop ROK by about 270 and Order even later. Needless to say no one goes for AV. The same is true of heroes, they just don't seem to bother.

last game the AI beat to almost every wonder i tried to build by 1 dang turn. the dwarrow managed to get runes before i even thought about researching it, and the game before that every religeon was somehow founded well before turn 200, including AV. many religeous holy cities and numerous heroes made their appearance(most notably, leaves)

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but yesterday while playing as the Amurites one of my scouts got the Event about the military training upping one of the units to Hero status. He gained the XP up towards 100 and stopped like normal, however he would not gain additional experience from kills or defenses.

I thought this was happening to me as well until i remembered the barbarian and animal xp cap, which is currently at 100. atleast that is what i was experiencing.

Playing version k.
Alexis of the Calabim.

The first bloodpet i built was mutated despite owning no Chaos mana.

Through the game tier 1 holy units have appeared a few times on turns that i did not get the religous tech. At least one of these appeared before i even researched the connected religion. Gotten at least 2 fellowship of leaves acolytes and 1 runes acoylte.

- feydras

Patch k

Boar rider replace horseman but is avaliable with stirrups. Also upgrade to chariot (weaker than boar rider!) and then to war chariot. Shouldn't it replace horse archer and upgrade to dwarven hornguard?

Also a cosmetic issue, some buildings are wrong size, for example academy, bannor and elohim palace (should be size 2 instead of 1). Code of junil, song of autumn, stigmata of the unborn, order and leaves temple, shrine of siriona, asylum, wyrmhold and theatre all are wrong size.

patch k.

In this post, I mix 1- a possible bug, 2- a problem of balance. as it is on the same game (and file, I group in 1 post)

1- Bug?: Auric NEVER accepts any conversion
Auric is my vassal (after capitulation) and for the last 300 turns or so he is my vassal, with ALL his cities with my religion (Leaves) since the beginning; however he never propose to convert and the option is not enabled. I saw nothing in the pedia, the wiki about him being agnostic?...
note: when i attacked him he had the Octopus Holy city. I razed the OO Holy city a few turns before his capitulation...

2- Balance? Bug?: Everyone with my religion, but I can not win.
80% seems to be too big
- I have destroyed the Octopus Holy city, the Runes of Kilmorph Holy city, and the Ashven Holy city. My best allied Bannor (not vassal) is with the Order Holy city. All civs(but Auric, see above...) good, neutral or evil, are with Leaves as State Religion and 4 out of 7 civs are my vassals.
ALL cities in the World are with Leaves !!!!
I am "only" at 67%...

I find this very strange as this should be enough for a win.
Pic below is both for Auric problem (all his cities with leaves, and state of religions.

File: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/100907/LILI_AD-0540-all_with_leaves_but_Auric.CivBeyondSwordSave

3- Kael and some of his teammates should have moderator rights and be authorised to edit posts in this particular forum
When an error is reported, he should be able to edit the post and let a short note for saying "ok, seen", so then :
  • it is possible to clean up the uploaded files and the load of saved games kept in-case-of in computers
  • he and the team can better track what has been seen by one of them and what has not been processed yet.
  • you know you don't report for nothing (it is more fun to play than reporting, but it is also nice when you know that it worthes the time...)

Let me try to answer these...

1. Auric is Agnostic so he will never take any state religion.

2. You may have your religion in all of your cities but that doesn't mean you have 100% of the population under your religion. If multiple religions are present in a city each of those religions will get some of that city's population. From the looks of your post it looks like there are plenty of other religions around. You can eliminate them from your own cities with inquisitors.

3. I believe the general idea is that the developers' time is better spent working on the mod. That said, Kael does post here and there with responses saying he is fixing something. I too have wondered if my post has been read and acted on but i'd rather just assume it will get acted on if it can and let them do what they need to do rather than respond to every post.

- feydras

Auric NEVER accepts any conversion

Auric is the reincarnation of Mulcarn the god of winter. Thats why will never adopt any religion. In earlier versions he was agnostic. Now he just doesn't akzept a state religion. This will most likly change in "ice".

I am "only" at 67%...

Thats because its not the % of cities with your relegion but citizen.
So for an example:
A city with 8 population has only leaves -> 8 follow leaves
A city with 8 population has leaves and order -> only 4 follow leaves.

Edit: to slow

Thank you Feydras and Chip56. Much appreciated.

point 1:
Auric agnostic???
It is not in the pedia.
It is not in the wiki for Auric: http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/FfH_Auric_Ulvin_(Leader)
It is not in the leader's chart: http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/FfH_Leaders . In this chart Cassiel is listed as Agnostic, Philosophical, Industrious, Adaptive, abd Auric is Magic Resistant, Philosophical
For saying the least, I am confused. Can you tell me what source you use: perhaps I will find in it information for other questions I have...

point 2:
Understood, it is 80% of population. Which means that it is foolish to convert people without doing a genocide, as less people on a world means an easier percentage...
I am still convinced there is a problem of balance: if you are "good" you tend to keep a maximum of people alive. Evil: you destroy and force people as a good despot, good you tend to compose.
80% of 100.000.000 people is much more difficult than 80% of 12.000.000 survivors...
It means: Religious Victory = Destroy the Unfaithfull!!!
It would be nice to have this 80% for victory OR all civs (if not agnostic) with your religion.

What is nice in a good Dungeon & Dragon scenario is that you can reach your goal using different pathes. For Religious victory it is not the case as alternate pathes are way too difficult for being a valid option.

In final, this sound too much like in real word: for spreading your religion you want to destroy first the unfaithful... and only a victory through religious massacre is acceptable in teh game , and not a victory by religious consensus. Pity. (B.Laden vs Dalai Lama...)

point 3.
it was a note intended to Thunderfall!;) (for giving a good team more power in "their" sub forum...)

Patch k bugs:

Minotaur units are not in the game and wont spawn from planar gates.

Tar demons do not split(maybe cause the smaller ones of them are not in the game either).

+Order and Veil religion may share cities again(intended?)

point 2:
Understood, it is 80% of population. Which means that it is foolish to convert people without doing a genocide, as less people on a world means an easier percentage...
I am still convinced there is a problem of balance: if you are "good" you tend to keep a maximum of people alive. Evil: you destroy and force people as a good despot, good you tend to compose.
80% of 100.000.000 people is much more difficult than 80% of 12.000.000 survivors...
It means: Religious Victory = Destroy the Unfaithfull!!!
It would be nice to have this 80% for victory OR all civs (if not agnostic) with your religion.

in your case, with everyone but auric on FoL, the purge the unfaithful project would pretty much do the trick, since 100% of the population left would be FoL (don't know about auric, but still)

Auric is autotheistic. He used to be considered agnostic, just like Cassiel (a deist), but not any more (his current traits are Charismatic/Philosophical). The AI is still weighed as strongly as Cassiel to never adopt a religion, as is intended (in ice, there is a chance that the White Hand may return, which would be the only one he would ever adopt).

Until recently, he was also unable to research religious techs or build their temples (I don't think he is really supposed to be able now, but the inability was switched from being civ specific for the Illians, Grigori, and Barbarian state to relying on the agnostic trait, which the leaders of the last two now have. This was done to allow more flexibility with unrestricted leader option set up, so another leader for those civs could not only adopt a religion, but get some use out of it)

In many fantasy world settings, evil AND good churches usually have laws so it is punishable by death to worship any other deity than the official and he's ally deities.

Can 2nd that about Auric, there is no info anywhere I can find either, so where does it say that he is agnostic. Perhaps he's people skills isn't that great.

I don't want to be rude here (it is a great mod after all) but wiki is more or less quite outdated and the pedia isn't always so "descriptive" that you would like.

To Hoerks: I played Sheaim the other week and I got (eventually) minotaurs (after I had triggered apocalypse, but yet, I got them, good units by the way).

Top Bottom