FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

May not be a bug, just something to keep in mind: A Great General can carry Orcus's Ax. However, when he is joined to another unit, the Ax disappears.

Sorry if it's been posted before. I don't usually play the Sheiam much :p.

Anyway, the Eater of Dreams' Consume Soul ability is bugged if you have multiple EoD in a stack. It will allow the cities to go into negative population values, and allows infinite summons. As if a few EoDs weren't dangerous enough :).

On the plus side, it won't crash the game, and the town will "build" normally...

I'm afraid I've encountered the already mentioned bug of being stuck endlessly "waiting for other civilizations". Does it always happen, every game? Is there any way to avoid it? Ahhh... Since I have the impression that bug hunt is over -the ones I find are lready known, such as Acheron disappering or the spider being unable to build a spider pen) I am considering going back to .23 for next game.

Yeah i'm on turn 548 of a marathon game, Waiting for other Civilizations..forever. Python exceptions enabled, nothing popped up. I'm playing the elves and at war with 2 people, it's about that time for ashen vale to enter the game, not sure what is causing the loop.

Not in my game, after having completely slaughtered the Clan the gate city was still under Bannor control. So it didn't change hands for at least 100 turns.

Sadly deleted the save when I added patch l, so I can't go back and check just how many turns I played without getting the city.

I just figured out how this works now. Instead of automatically giving the city with the Mercurian Gate to the Mercurians, Basium was given the ability to cast the Convert City spell (the same one Rantine can use to peacefully take barbarian cities, but without the requirement that he be stringer than the strongest defender and only in the city with the gate). This explains why it sometimes takes time for the city to convert; the AI seems to think that there is something more important to do than cast a spell, like guard the starting settler or fight demons. Sometimes this may actually be right; the gate building city would be more productive under the old civs control, and capturing a your first city further from your summoner's empire would give you more room to expand. Plus, you could always go back latter and take the city after benefiting from giving your ally more time to build priests and research techs that will help more in the long run. Plus, before you have a city you pay no maintenance costs. I assume this is intended, but I hadn't realized until recently because the AI usually plays a turn as Basium before the human player can switch to control him, and would usually go ahead and take a city in this time.

You know, if you go ino world builder and add Mercurian Gates in multiple cities, this ability becomes much more powerful. But of course, there are simpler ways to use worldbuilder to get ahead. ;)

Hmm, I'm pretty sure this means that even if you lose the city with the gate and it falls into a rivals hands, you can always get it back peacefully (assuming I can get an open boarders agreement). If the diplomatic boost from liberating cities were working you could probably gift the city frequently, and then take it back to gift again.

MagisterCultuum said:
I just figured out how this works now. Instead of automatically giving the city with the Mercurian Gate to the Mercurians, Basium was given the ability to cast the Convert City spell (the same one Rantine can use to peacefully take barbarian cities) but only in the city with the gate. This explains why it sometimes takes time for the city to convert; the AI seems to think that there is something more important to do than take over the city, like guard the settler or fight demons. Sometimes this may actually be right; the gate building city would be more productive under the old civs control, and capturing a your first city further from your summoner's empire would give you more room to expand. Plus, you could always go back latter and take the city after benefiting from giving your ally more time to build priests and research techs that will help more in the long run. Plus, before you have a city you pay no maintenance costs. I assume this is intended, but I hadn't realized until recently because the AI usually plays a turn as Basium beforethe human player can switch to control him, and would usually go ahead and take a city in this time.

Nicely done! Another mystery solved.

I found a few minor bugs in my latest game:

1> The Shrine of the Champion doesn't seem to do anything. Units created in the city with the shrine don't get an additional promotion.

2> I am getting 5-6 free demigogs per turn while running Crusade. I don't know if it is a small probability per tile but it seems broken with a lot of cities. I literally cannot ship them to the continent at war as fast as they are being created.

The AI is doing a great job slowing my offensive with shadows and assassins. They are killing catapults and mages as fast as I can create them but the marksman promotion has a strange behavior with ships in port.

3> Shadows can auto-destroy ships in port. The ship is destroyed with no entry in the combat log or damage to the shadow. I'm not sure if shadows are meant to be ultra saboteurs but its a mess with the Council of Esus. One of my "friends" on my continent built a couple of hidden nationality, commando shadows and my opponent has a few as well. I can't leave a ship in port to heal on either continent.

Morticia, my question would be which leader did you wind up playing as, and which Civ did you belong to?

I know when I played unrestricted leaders (which I imagine you are doing?) I have had Basium be the first person that I run into. I've wondered if by doing unrestricted leaders and a random selection for myself I could wind up starting AS Basium, Hyborem, or the Illians. So if you wound up as Illians, then you would wind up unofficially agnostic I think.

Also, from what I gather Agnostic used to be a function of the Civilization, and was recently changed to be a function of the leader (to accomodate unrestricted leaders). So if you were a normally religious leader, but Grigori, and were unable to take religion, then it is something which needs to be documented for fixing :)

Sorry that tok me a long time to reply.My english is not very good and i avoid posting even if I am adicted to civ FFH ;).
No, I never played unrestricted leaders. Buy as I sad I did played random personalities. Both me and my boyfriend had exp. this.
After I stop using it it never hapend again.

Thanks for reply

n/m was mistaken

Ugh. Second game in a row that i got the 'Waiting for other civs' hang. The worst thing it has come about halfway into each game so a lot of time is lost.

I was playing as the Calabim both games and one game Hyborem didn't come yet (he was very late) and the other he had already come so i don't think it was him. My speed was Epic and i played on Huge maps with 21+ civs both games. I tried to delete some things in the World editor to isolate the bug but the game crashed on me upon exiting World editor if i edited too much so i gave up.

Has anyone had any luck isolating this hang/bug?! Frustrating experience. I may go back to .23 as well until Shadow is out for a week or two. Ahhh, who am i kidding.. I need to play the latest version!

Ugh. Second game in a row that i got the 'Waiting for other civs' hang. The worst thing it has come about halfway into each game so a lot of time is lost.

I was playing as the Calabim both games and one game Hyborem didn't come yet (he was very late) and the other he had already come so i don't think it was him. My speed was Epic and i played on Huge maps with 21+ civs both games. I tried to delete some things in the World editor to isolate the bug but the game crashed on me upon exiting World editor if i edited too much so i gave up.

Has anyone had any luck isolating this hang/bug?! Frustrating experience. I may go back to .23 as well until Shadow is out for a week or two. Ahhh, who am i kidding.. I need to play the latest version!

Did you try turning off some memory-resident programs in order to give more mem to the game?

I must be lucky then. I have played 20+ times 0.25A - 0.25L and have only experienced the "waiting" bug twice. Once on 0.25A and once on 0.25L. First time was with the vamps, second with Doviello, although I don't think that is the reason, I think it is either an event script that malfunctions or something an AI builds.

Hey was running Vista on a laptop but had issues with it (ie i was running Vista) so i formatted and reinstalled XP onto it, but now when i try to launch Fall from heaven i CTD. I'm pretty sure this is a video issue (opening movie for FFH seems to be the culprit) Are there any fixes for this issue, like downloading an update from bink video, looked couldn't find one.

I've tried to isolate that bug by removing all civs one by one. I went through them ALL and nothing changed it. I also changed my actions and nothing changed the WOC. Been a couple days and I am still Frustrated by this, but I will try whatever I can think of. For now though I am far too frustrated with firaxis to keep trying for now. May pick up on this us latter, but doggone I am mad at firaxis and BTS.

Hey was running Vista on a laptop but had issues with it (ie i was running Vista) so i formatted and reinstalled XP onto it, but now when i try to launch Fall from heaven i CTD. I'm pretty sure this is a video issue (opening movie for FFH seems to be the culprit) Are there any fixes for this issue, like downloading an update from bink video, looked couldn't find one.

Check and make sure you are running BtS 3.13. If you don't have that patch you CtD in the same place.

I've tried to isolate that bug by removing all civs one by one. I went through them ALL and nothing changed it. I also changed my actions and nothing changed the WOC. Been a couple days and I am still Frustrated by this, but I will try whatever I can think of. For now though I am far too frustrated with firaxis to keep trying for now. May pick up on this us latter, but doggone I am mad at firaxis and BTS.

Have you tried running the game with the AC switched off? This may be the reason. Haven't had this problem since I tried this approach. Could be "it"...

If you reload does it WOC at the same point?

WFOC (waiting for other civs) hang. Yes, it stops in the same spot even when i tried two different saves. Once it gets to a certain point it hangs but i can't figure out the trigger.

Both games i played i was using lots of civs on a huge map. First WOFC hang was on Nikis-Knights map, i think he has 21 or so civs, others reported the bug there as well. Second was on a random map and i was using 31 civs (the max number to choose all the unique leaders). Has anyone had the hang on a game with less than 17 civs?

Backov's reproducable WoC has 7 civs in it (easier for me to isolate in) so it definitly occurs in smaller games.

Incidently Backov's WoC is coming from the Sphener unit in the Malakim empire. It isnt caused by a spell. Still looking into it.

Top Bottom