FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

A mana node that changes hands has its improvement destroyed and turns into raw mana. What seems to be the bug in version 0.25 is that on the screen it still looks like an improved mana node and says so when you mouse over the square, e.g., "chaos mana." In your game as you've described it, you should be able to send a spellcaster to the node and build a chaos mana node.

EDIT: D'oh! Forgot about roading the tile. Thanks, Kael.

Thanks, Noreaster! I had checked the road, it was roaded.

But it seemed even worse thqan you describe. If I recall correctly (hope so!)when I moved my mage there, it wouldn't let me build a chaos node. I could build a DIFFERENT node, I think, I couldn't build a chaos node.

I even entered the worldbuilder, and I couldn't change the tile to a chaos node! I 'solved' the problem in my game by using the worldbuilder to change another node to a chaos node, and I built back the 'first' node with my mage; I do think there is something buggy here.

Best wishes,

Breunor

@ Ambreville

Mana nodes are no longer destroyed when the mana type reverts. You couldn't build an Earth Node on the tile because there was already one there. If you got a unit to pillage the tile, then you could rebuild the original node.

Needing to pillage node in order to rebuild them does get annoying though. I hope that in Shadoe Kael will remember to destroy thr improvement when the mana reverts to raw mana.

I guess this is what happened to me. Thanks Magister! I'll pillage it next time!

Breunor

The problem is that you can't build a choas node because the choas node is still there. You can't build an improvement where the same improvement already exists. In the BtS versions of FfH, the mana is reverted but the node remains. If you pillage the node then you can rebuild it.

Edit: I thought I had already explained this recently. I guess doing so again was kinda pointless.

Probably been reported before, but there it goes:
actions which normally lower the AC do not:
- killing units with prophecy mark does not AC-1
- sacrificing corlindale does not halve the AC
moving a non-HN ship with HN units aboard inside coastal city displaces city garisson outside (gamebreaker exploit).

Sorry about all of these, but....

I have a Sphener with the Evangelist promotion, but he doesn't spread my religion when he takes a city. I'm aassuming it is supposed to work when he defeats the last enemy unit; it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Breunor

The evangelist promotion isn't going to be added to BtS FfH until shadow (the mechanic is being reworked. This is probably a good thing, since having to time your invasions so that Sphener/Mardero is the last unit to kill a defender was kind of annoying)

I guess this might be more balance than bug, but I translate more as a bug.

Sheelba and some of the other Barb races don't require certain buildings. Nifty idea, quite nice IMO. But should they be allowed the corresponding wonders?

Specifically: If I do not need a Mage Guild to build Adepts... why can I still build the Catacombs Libralus? I know that the culture and GPPs are still useful to those civs, but should they have such an advantage (no prereq building # requirement) toward building it? If anything it should be harder for them, not easier.

well, the main bonus for the catacombs is obviously the spread of the guilds. The added GPP, culture and science are all minor additional bonusses as far as i can see. Since those barb races don't require the guilds, the catacombs would be of a lot less use to them, up to the point of spending 30+ turns building something which gives +2 scientists GPP, +1 scientist slot, 4 raw science and some culture (still a nice building, but nothing compared to say the great library).

The evangelist promotion isn't going to be added to BtS FfH until shadow (the mechanic is being reworked. This is probably a good thing, since having to time your invasions so that Sphener/Mardero is the last unit to kill a defender was kind of annoying)

Thanks, as always, Magister!

Breunor

I don't know if this is a bug but it certainly seems like one.

I have incense 2 squares east of my capitol. I built a plantation on it. The tooltip says incense (Calbrenar has 0) It doesn't show up in my box. I researched Philosophy which is listed inthe wiki as an enabling tech even though it says nothing about it, and it still says zero. Then all of a sudden I just noticed my happiness go up and it says I have incense. Maybe its the turn after philo is researched?

Also why are only some cities allowed to build breweries and some aren't?It can't be having the actual resource locally in the box because the city that has wheat *CAN'T* build it but the other two can.....

Ahh never mind just read it can only be built on a river. Disregard that second part ;)

I would like to note a very minor bug I have encountered recently. Playing with the Sheaim in a very strange game (the only religion I was able to found was ROK, go figure) we reached an AC of 40, and Blight didn't happen. It did take place several turn later, though. My guess is that the real number didn't reach 40 and that the counter was rounding it up. It is a very small bug, but I think it was worth to highlight. BTW, I am with those who think the previous counter was much better than the current one. Also, the controls that allowed to sort units by type, by levelling up / not levelling up, etc. were very useful when managing large armies. I would be great if they could be included in 0.30.

I haven't seen this reported yet. In my current game, lizardmen don't have amphibious nor a bonus in jungle.

Don Pelayo said:
I would like to note a very minor bug I have encountered recently. Playing with the Sheaim in a very strange game (the only religion I was able to found was ROK, go figure) we reached an AC of 40, and Blight didn't happen. It did take place several turn later, though. My guess is that the real number didn't reach 40 and that the counter was rounding it up. It is a very small bug, but I think it was worth to highlight. BTW, I am with those who think the previous counter was much better than the current one. Also, the controls that allowed to sort units by type, by levelling up / not levelling up, etc. were very useful when managing large armies. I would be great if they could be included in 0.30.

The controls that allowed sorting units were from a mod component called "Plot List Enhancement," which was originally made for Civ IV Vanilla. I also liked that a lot, it was really helpful to change how the units were listed so I wouldn't block my view of the screen. The person who made that component hasn't posted in something like a year, so he never developed a BtS version.

NOTE TO THE DESIGN TEAM: I checked the thread for 12Monkeys' PLE Mod Component and someone else has picked it up and developed a BtS version, although some of the posts suggest that some bugs still need to be worked out. If you think you'd like to bring back the PLE, keep an eye on that part of the forums for a BtS version.

I'm afraid I've encountered the already mentioned bug of being stuck endlessly "waiting for other civilizations". Does it always happen, every game? Is there any way to avoid it? Ahhh... Since I have the impression that bug hunt is over -the ones I find are already known, such as Acheron disappering or the spider being unable to build a spider pen- I am considering going back to .23 for the next game.

Anyhow, Nor'easter, thanks for your reply. Is it programmed in python or in C? I expect to have some time in a month and I might try to learn the basics of modding.

I haven't seen this mentioned before, but when you go to the infoscreen <f9> the graph screen is not working properly, though demographics/top 5 cities/statistics work fine. In the attached example I am playing Thessa and including myself, i know of 10 Civilizations, although the graph only shows my civ on the score/culture/power/etc. graph screen. Below is a combined screen shot.

I haven't seen this mentioned before, but when you go to the infoscreen <f9> the graph screen is not working properly, though demographics/top 5 cities/statistics work fine. In the attached example I am playing Thessa and including myself, i know of 10 Civilizations, although the graph only shows my civ on the score/culture/power/etc. graph screen. Below is a combined screen shot.

Thats because you need a certain amount of espionage points in bts to view the graph of others. Unfotunatly there is no way to get those points in ffh-> no graph. (but if you really want to see it you could save your game and retire to watch the graphs)

Don Pelayo said:
I'm afraid I've encountered the already mentioned bug of being stuck endlessly "waiting for other civilizations". Does it always happen, every game? Is there any way to avoid it? Ahhh... Since I have the impression that bug hunt is over -the ones I find are lready known, such as Acheron disappering or the spider being unable to build a spider pen) I am considering going back to .23 for next game.

Anyhow, Nor'easter, thanks for your reply. Is it programmed in python or in C? I expect to have some time in a month and I might try to learn the basics of modding.

I'm actually not a programmer or modder myself, but here's a link to the thread where the Plot List Enhancement originated. There are some posts on the last page of the thread that deal with the BtS version. I haven't used the BtS version myself, so I don't how it is.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=149572

Top Bottom