FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

infernals bug - If you have nowhere to spawn and have to attack someone to get a city (which really sucks since you will have like +20 unhappiness even if you win, but that is another issue) your palace is built in the first city you capture. However if you then found a city of your own and try to move your palace there (to get away from the angry mortals :O) the game locks up on the next turn every time. It seems to keep spawning Manes at the previous location, although the palace has been moved, and something about that causes the freeze. Tested like 3-4 times, have a save ready to go if you need.

All of these are with Patch D :

1) Occasionally, a unit will be Mutated right when it's built; later on, that unit always gets the 'chaos flare' event, in which it asks you whether you want that unit to become Mutated or not. Obviously you can't pick the 'Yes' option since your unit is already Mutated, presumably because of that specific event.

2) The event in which you debate a man speaking against your government results in the hammers of that city being reset, regardless of a positive or negative outcome, and regardless of which option you choose. Also, is the :mad: from the option in which you flog him supposed to be permanent? (Whippable through Slavery?) I don't mind that mechanic, I'd just like to know.

3) Might not be a bug, but the Dragon Cult has some specific issues that should probably be addressed: It spreads ridiculously fast across the ocean, even when you haven't met civilizations. In one of my previous games, I was Sheiam and founded the Dragon Cult in my capital, which wasn't even a coastal city; two of the people I was playing with received about seven or eight Dragon Cult spreading events (one of them even back to back, resulting in a six turn riot in his capital), while the Amurites and I, who shared a continent, received a grand total of one Dragon Cult spreading event each. We were even connected by roads and through coastal trading. I hate to seem like a bother, but would it be possible to either:

A) Make the Dragon Cult spread like religions in that you are required to have contact with another civilization before it spreads?

Or...

B) Include an option that disables the Dragon Cult, like the other options to disable specific religions? (Even if the Dragon Cult isn't a religion)

4) Minor gripe: Sometimes when moving units with 2+ move into a forest/jungle they couldn't see before, they'll die because a unit was in the forest/jungle instead of stopping their movement. This is most noticeable against barbarian elephants; oddly enough, I've never had this happen to me against any other unit.

A save game and screenshot from a boat on land:

Attachments

• Ship on land.CivBeyondSwordSave
    572 KB · Views: 49
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 163
Those boats are on land because of the fort mechanics introduced in BtS. It is not a bug. Forts (and their upgrades in FFH) act as cities in many ways, including being able to dock naval units. You can even build up to two forts in a row to act like a canal. While it does look a bit ridiculous, it is intentional that boats can move onto land tiles containing forts.

With patch c: using the Clan of Embers world spell, the barbarians inside the city which had Acheron joined me. Acheron moved out of the city and stayed there for a while. The dragon's horde could be conquered. Later, Acheron moved onto a mountain tile, making him inaccessible for the rest of the game.

I have not seen this reported...

I researched Way of the Earthmother and received a ToK. I hit the button to establish RoK in the city, nothing happened. RoK was not founded, the Thane disappeared and I received no message of any type. The Order and Empyrean were already there. I should have gotten something that said the attempt failed.

Patch D:

Playing as the Doviello.

I'm getting a CtD at turn 178, no matter what happens. I've poked into the world builder and the only things that would be completed on the turn are in some Calabim cities.

I've reloaded a couple of turns prior to try to move my units around different ways, but to the same result, so it doesn't seem like something based on the random seed.

This was a standard game without any game options (didn't click 'customize' game). Map type either Tetonics or Continents.

I had annihilated 3 other civs.

Attachments

• Doviello.CivBeyondSwordSave
    122.6 KB · Views: 54
I know this has been reported before, but still getting a python exception with the Slave Revolt event. I get the message stating that one of my slaves has taken up arms against me, and it selects the slave, stops his current action, but then does nothing else. The unit remains mine, happy as he ever was, still willing to work away at my empire.

I have this same issue, do you want more screens?
or have you figured it out yet?

Thanks

In that case it was because he had only installed the patch, not the full mod.

Are the Courtesans suppose to be buildable even though I don't have the Esus religion and/or member of the undercouncil. Mean they replace the shadow unit it says.

Do castles and citadels give access to the resource they are built upon, like forts. I do not myself build them on resources so. In my latest game I see some citadels on reagents on AI lands, but that resource doesn't turn up on the trade screen (shouldn't they at least have been red).

I think I found the problem with the Druids. Every time I load up the game they gain 1 strength, I'm guessing that the check to see if they have nature manna affinity gets erased every time the game is closed, but they strength bonus from the affinity does not.

Id like to see that save game. Ive tried to reproduce on my own. But it isnt as simple as creating a druid and saving/reloading to see the str change so their must be an x-factor im missing.

You can build the Mercurian Gate without Hyborem having been summoned. In fact, the Ashen Veil hasn't even been founded and I still have the option to build it.

This is with Patch D of course.

You can build the Mercurian Gate without Hyborem having been summoned. In fact, the Ashen Veil hasn't even been founded and I still have the option to build it.

Thats intended and the reason why basium needs fanatiscm now.

I can't seem to build Cave of Ancestors or the Breeding Pit. I check the building requirements and I should be able to construct them but I have no option for doing so.

Suggestions for further city development.

-Library's might want to require that an Elder Council be built first.
-Alchemy Lab's might want to require that a Library be built first.
-Gambling House, Money Changer, and Tax Office do not seem to make much sense unless you build a Market first.
-Still getting the option to build a Pagan Temple even though I have one or more religions in the city. Maybe it should be required for me to build this building first before I could build other Religious temples?
-Hippodrome does not seem to make much sense unless a stable is built first.
- Tavern's seem to be an upgraded Inn and might want to require that an Inn be build first? The production cost for the Tavern might also need to be adjusted for one or the other building if this change is made.
-Shipyards do not make a lot of sense unless the city already has a Harbor.
-Basilica seems to be an upgraded Courthouse and might need to require that one of those be built first. Slight production change is not needed here since the Basilica already costs more to produce then a courthouse.
-Machinist Shop does not appear to require that a forge be build already. It's really nice that you can get practically the same benefits as a forge without the pollution associated with a forge.
-Breeding Pit(witch I still think is broken), Granary, and Smokehouse see to have no progression for the way they're built. My suggestion would be:
Breeding Pit (+1 pollution, +1 food, stores 10% after growth)
Smokehouse (+1 food, stores 20% after growth, +1 health from deer, cows, pig, and sheep.)
Granary (+1 to great merchant, stores 30% after growth)
This way you could start out with a Breeding pit and not grow too quickly. Then with Hunting it could enable the Smokehouse if you have the previous building. Finally, it would then allow for a Granary further down the line. Anyways, it's a suggestion considering that city growth at the early stages of the game seem to really soar if the city is built in the right location.

There might be other building enhancements that need to be looked at to help it feel like a city is actually moving forward and progressing as you go up in the technology tree.

Suddenly I seem unable to make the druids strength go up again. Here is a save game though with a 21 strength Druid. He is in the city of Acaia which is at the very northwest of my empire. Two eleven strength druids are in the city of Jubilii which is in the South East of my empire.

Edit: So my internet is going crazy and it won't sit still long enough to upload a save game, I'll try again a bit latter.

I have found that the Druids keep rising steadily if strength, regardless of save games (I think).

I can't seem to build Cave of Ancestors or the Breeding Pit. I check the building requirements and I should be able to construct them but I have no option for doing so.

Cave of ancestors is amurites only and breeding pit calabim only.

Top Bottom