FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Can The Mithril Golem be built specific only by Khazad? Cause I am playing as Luchuirp with patch D and I was never given the option of building it, even having the stated requirements (Mithril working, mithril, Runes of Kilmorph state religion and holy city).

AC has to be 70 or more before Mithril Golem can be build.

Two small bugs i found since i started playing ver 030 :
- Pagan Temples do not give +1 happy with incense.

Do you have philosophy? You can connect incense with a plantation built, but you can't use it until you have philosophy. If you mouse-over the incense you will see the tool tip is telling you that.

Also it would be helpful if you could state your patch #.

Bugs I`ve found (playing as Lanun):

1) A Nightwatch suddenly appeared in my city, under my control.

2) Bambur appeared in a different city, then reappeared in the city where he should have been.

3) A settler unit had a light blue area of effect around it for 2 turns (instead of dark blue). Happened at the same time the Nightwatch appeared.

4) Game unravelled after permanent alliance with Sandalphon - seemed to be everyone declaring war on each other - not sure if there`s a bug here.

5) Forts don`t seem to show defensive bonuses - citadel in the desert still showing -25% defence.

Hey Kael, if it's not too much trouble could you quickly point out what files were changed with patch e? (and maybe, again if it's not too much hassle, for the future patches?) Thing is I've hacked a faircombat into Shadow for our multiplayer needs (we tried without but when my friend lost Valin in a 92% combat and Sphener in a 97% combat, he refused to play without fair combat ;P), and faircombat is a lot of stuff in BtS (Globaldefines, all the iCombatLimit values in CIV4UnitInfos.xml, all the iDamage, iDamageLimit, spellHeal and spellRestore values in CIV4SpellInfos.xml, and that's ignoring stoneskin and first strikes), and I've adjusted CIV4BonusInfo in Terrain because we like to play games with more Mana and we like to allow certain other bonuses to spawn in FEATURE_FOREST, so if I could just see that these files didn't change, I'd make a backup of them, apply the patch, and copy my backup back. Now I'd look at the file list inside the patch, but there's all changes since 2 030 unpatched, so that's not reliable.

Again, just if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!

Uhappy people don't give +1 hammer with governors manor. Do i need feudalism for this?

Do you have philosophy? You can connect incense with a plantation built, but you can't use it until you have philosophy. If you mouse-over the incense you will see the tool tip is telling you that.

Thanks a lot, that must be it.

1) A Nightwatch suddenly appeared in my city, under my control.

That should happen if:
a) you researched deception.
b) you are in the undercouncil and the nightwatch resolution passed

AC has to be 70 or more before Mithril Golem can be build.

Just to double-check, does this also apply to Messhabber? 'cause if it doesn't, then I might have a bug in my game. Otherwise, I just need to kill some more things.

Elohim spell to evict people from your land is broken. It does not remove Arcane units from your land and they cannot move afterward. They are basically stuck next to an enemy city alone for 30 turns. 30 turns is too much on quick speed, the time length should be adjusted based on game speed. Same thing with baseraph golden age, 16 turns is 1/8 the game, then you can use 1 GP to do another one to train them, basically 1/2 the game you can be in golden age.

Patch E

Several of the unit granting events do not give the promotions they promise

All 'Guild of Nine' events never give promotions promised

The 'Carnival' event (the one with the good performer) doesn't give mobility if the scout option is chosen.

Suddenly I seem unable to make the druids strength go up again. Here is a save game though with a 21 strength Druid. He is in the city of Acaia which is at the very northwest of my empire. Two eleven strength druids are in the city of Jubilii which is in the South East of my empire.

Edit: So my internet is going crazy and it won't sit still long enough to upload a save game, I'll try again a bit latter.

I have found that the Druids keep rising steadily if strength, regardless of save games (I think).

Here's the save game

Attachments

• Sam AD-0456.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 69
Got stuck where I could not change Compassion or Membership civics unless I also changed my government civic. I could click the appropriate civics, but unless I chose a new government the revolution wouldn't happen.

I'm getting a similar problem as Calabim, I can pick any civic I want, but clicking revolution has no effect.

Kael

Just loaded Patch E....had a few issues at my end, not sure if its patched correctly.

On loading up, the intro screen (showing Hyborem) has "Version 2030". The Readme file says 030e.

It's wiped my save games :( .... I must have still been on patch a..... even though I thought I'd installed patch d..... Doh (too Stupid to own a computer!)

No rush for an answer mate.... i'll be in morning for my lost civilization
The versions are right, they are just formatted differently. What you have is FfH 2, version 0.30e; the number on the intro screen squishes everything together and does not show the "e" and the readme shows just the "0.30e" part (without the "."). If you want to recover your save game, just reload the basic 0.30 "FallfromHeaven2030.exe", and patch a or b if you have them "FfH2030a.exe" or "FfH2030b.exe".

Also, I found a bug in patch d (haven't tried in e yet): Farms do not spread irrigation into hell terrain (I had the correct tech, irrigation was spreading in normal terrain).

About 15 (or more) orthus axes in my current game. The hero woodelf and others defeated a stack of about 14 units.
Woodelf is now in a tile with 14 orthus axes.

Attachments

• Sandalphon AD-0321.CivBeyondSwordSave
    399.9 KB · Views: 76
I'm getting a similar problem as Calabim, I can pick any civic I want, but clicking revolution has no effect.
Ok I don't for the moment remember for civics are in what but I noticed in my latest game that I couldn't pick guilds, clicking had no effect because I had slaves (and of cause slavery). I thought that If you picked (in my case) anything but slavery then all my slaves would be destroyed (or something similar), just as with the royal guards. When I manually destroyed my slaves, then I could change the civic (from slavery to guilds).

Ok I don't for the moment remember for civics are in what but I noticed in my latest game that I couldn't pick guilds, clicking had no effect because I had slaves (and of cause slavery). I thought that If you picked (in my case) anything but slavery then all my slaves would be destroyed (or something similar), just as with the royal guards. When I manually destroyed my slaves, then I could change the civic (from slavery to guilds).

Hmm I'll try that. I have the undercouncil and have the slave resolutions but not slavery. Should the slaves stop other civics being picked?

Not so much as bug as instalation difficulties.

Since I still have dialup at home, I had to go download the mod elsewhere and save it on my flashdrive. I had no problem getting it to work this way on my laptop, but unfourtunately I dropped it last weak and it broke. I probably won't be getting it back for a week or two, so I tried installing BtS and FfH on our family desktop pc. The 3.13 patch and patch e work fine, but the mod's installers (main mod, or media pack) are working right. All were downloaded onto the same flaskdrive at the same time. (I tried this first with the exact file I used on my laptop, the main mod and patch a which I had downloaded a week ago, and then today after redownloading the main mod plus getting the latest patch and the media pack, plus the BtS 3.13 patch)

After he step of verifiying the installer I always get an "NSIS Error:
The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be a result of a damaged disc, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of the installer and obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command switch line (NOT RECOMMENDED)"

Is there some other explaination for this, or will I just have to try to download the installers again/wait for my laptop to get fixed in order to play? Also, how do you use the /NCRC command line switch?

Im playing Svartalfar and got a Mercenary from a random event and founded the mercenary guild with him. They mercenaries I recruited since do not have Hidden Nationality.

Top Bottom